GreaseSpot Cafe

In the Image of Wierwille

skyrider

Martindale claimed to have the inside track to Wierwille......in VP and Me

Townsxnd claimed his special connection with wierwille in teaching pfal classes

Cgeer claimed to know wierwille's "last will and testament" in his POP paper

Others attempted to follow in his "research" and teach Corps Nights

Still others projected knowing his heart for Way Productions

Why is it NOT surprising that dozens of offshoot groups have sprouted and the name of wierwille is held in high regard? Why is it the wierwille offspring has arisen in another ministry group in Ohio? Why is it that the corps program, with the same 5 principles, is the major undertaking of wierwille's grandson?

And, didn't John Lynn write a letter just a couple years ago stating that he believed....."Dr. Wierwille would be proud of him." Remember that?

Folks, if this isn't IDOLATRY........what else would you call it?

Some of the worst things about my corps "training" were........the corps coordinators gushing over wierwille, the fawning and adoration, The Wierwille Library, Uncle Harry Hall, Owens Hall, the circle-waiting for wierwille's arrival to campus, the "you are my keeds" comments, the wierwille-heritage nightowls, etc.

I know, I know.....I shoulda left. I saw it and dismissed it as petty. Surely, this stuff was just a "respect for the man" and not something deeper??

Yet.....Mrs. W was touted as "the First Lady of The Way"

Yet....."Uncle Harry" was a great pillar and businessman

Yet.....Howard was "the greatest laymen of the church"

Yet.....George Jess was this incredibly, spiritual corps director

The kool-aide was served to the corps in huge quantities. By golly, this ministry was at the very center of God's will.....move over, Jesus.

The wierwille brand and twi brand was everywhere.

VP Wierwille Auditorium

Wierwille Road

The Way Woods

Founders' Hall

Founders' Room

Why wasn't anything named after spiritual truths?

Folks, if this wasn't IDOLATRY.......what else would you call it?

Hey, lighten up. There's at least one Way guy trying to break free from the herd mentality. He's got a great big organ that he likes to play with in public. He named his organ Truth. He didn't name it The Mighty Wierwille, so that's something, right?

Wanna see? Starts around the 35 second mark.

http://youtu.be/GfAglGilQBQ

The other guy in the video named his great big organ The Present. A name which, oh I dunno, Donna and Rozilla must have sat up nights over many bottles of wine trying to think of what to *hiccup* name that man's *hiccup* big organ *hiccup*

Awww, lighten up, Sky.

I mean, it's not like they made a statue of him or turned his grave into a shrine or somethin'.

Yes, twi made a statue of their revered dr. wierwille.

Yes, twi erected a monument at the entrance of the Garden of Living Waters.

Yes, wierwille's gravesite is elevated and central to the fountain's layout.

Yes, twi named their "prevailing word" auditorium in honor of wierwille.

BUT......all those pictures, and statue, of wierwille.....he's holding a Bible.

So there.....it's not IDOLATRY. :biglaugh:

• Upvote 1

Why wasn't anything named after spiritual truths?

thats simple enough..they didnt know any.

You really cant name a building 'The Four Crucified Auditorium", the "So, I Went Down The Aisle And Kicked Him Office Building" or "The Comma Is In The Wrong Place Worldwide Tool Shed", and have it sound any good

Its odd, that these were the same people that would rail against anyone who went to "Christ Church", or "Grace Church" or "Calvary Church" or whatever as idolators..

God FORBID we slip up and give Jesus praise, but VP, well that is another story. Can't worship the Lord....He is just a man.....but, let's build a big old fountain and go worship VP.

And make little bronze images of him for people to sit on their desks and big bronze images of him to place in the entrance of the auditorium...

Gag me with an idol.

Can I have my blacklight picture of Jesus back plz? I'm much more comfortable with that concept.

Edited by chockfull

So all those statues of Stan Musial, Lou Brock, Enos Slaughter, etc. outside the entrances to Busch stadium? That's idolatry, too, right?

Did any of the aforementioned claim to teach the Word, the Word and nothing but the Word?

The glaring difference is that wierwille was a deceiver and seducer who led people astray. In following wierwille's "truths"......one pays reverence to the man who "put together the pfal class." Just ask Mike.

So all those statues of Stan Musial, Lou Brock, Enos Slaughter, etc. outside the entrances to Busch stadium? That's idolatry, too, right?

If you really don't see the difference, I feel sorry for you.

But, just for fun, let's play by your rules for the moment.

In the Advanced Class, Wierwille taught that, behind every statue is a devil spirit. Supposing he was correct and the aforementioned really are idolotry, does that mean that a staue of Wierwille would be somehow LESS of an example of the same?

It's a real dilemma, John. You see, if he was right.....well, I think you can see the obvious conclusion. If, on the other hand, he was wrong....he could had been wrong about a lot of things, couldn't he?

Edited by waysider

No, that's baseball. :)

It just leads to idolatry. Sometimes it's even captured on video :)

Actually even going by what is taught in VP's Adv. Class, the statue itself is just a hunk of metal. But it's the associations in a person's mind of what it represents that makes it idolatry. The false allegiances of the heart that it represents are far more damaging. And I've certainly met more than a handful of people whose behavior is far more extreme in some cases than drunk baseball fans when it comes to VP - imitating speech peculiarities, physical habits, there are even people that drink too much Drambuie because he did that I've met.

And every single one of them has the same story - it's not VP they worship, it's a love for the Word he taught.

That is a very convenient self-delusional form of rationalization. Which is a true psychological defense mechanism for people not to have to face the reality of their dysfunction.

So you really ARE saying there's a devil spirit behind Stan the Man's statue? All those kids who get close to it and touch it are touching a devil spirit? Creepies, Mudhead!

Nice diversion.....side-tracking the devil-spirit-behind-the-wierwille-statue question put forth by waysider.

If that's the best you got, johniam.......you really ARE running on fumes.

So you really ARE saying there's a devil spirit behind Stan the Man's statue? All those kids who get close to it and touch it are touching a devil spirit? Creepies, Mudhead!

No, actually, by your accepting said doctrine, it is you who is conceding there is a devil spirit behind Wierwille's statue.

flamebaitdavidapril.jpg

Edited by OldSkool

From the Scriptures:

.....Jesus said, "He that has seen me, has seen the Father."

Yet, twi leadership portray a beguiled, twisted, idolatrous ideology.....always striving for a "back to the (pfal) word as you were taught." Therein, to say, "he that sees you, can see what "the class" did for you!

Was the sacrificing to run pfal, a sacrificing unto an idol? Yes.

Directly and indirectly, pfal was the recipient of misdirected praise and worship.

Wierwille and co. MADE these idols.....and walked in darkness.

And every single one of them has the same story - it's not VP they worship, it's a love for the Word he taught.

That is a very convenient self-delusional form of rationalization. Which is a true psychological defense mechanism for people not to have to face the reality of their dysfunction.

Yes, but VP still gets the praise and glory....THAT is why there is such a statue. It is idolatrous that it even exists.

It is made to glorify a man. What else do people think it is about? You are right...they delude themselves.

The things VP did and taught.....didn't glorify God so it all does seem to fit.

Edited by geisha779

[/quote

I dunno.

who are these people? Sorry, I've been outside of "reality" for about four years. Two years.. I got a Bachellor's .. and two more years I got a Masters..

who are they? I've never even heard the names..