GreaseSpot Cafe

Any "New" Classes in TWI

JavaJane

I know the answer is probably a resounding "NO!" but I was curious.

The last class I took was the Believer's Family class. And happily, I cannot even remember the correct name for the class.... something like "Biblical Principles of a Believer's Family" or some other such nonsense. It was completely and utterly forgettable. Except the clarification on bestiality not being ok... and something about a boy shouldn't touch a girl anywhere her soccer uniform covers??

What I do remember were the circumstances around taking the class. The first class was offered while I was Way Disciple, and we weren't allowed to take it because we were Way D at the time.

The second time it was offered (read: shoved down my throat) was the week after my husband and I were married. Yes. We were supposed to drop everything after we were married and spend the time taking a class instead of a honeymoon. I told them that I thought God probably wanted us to spend that time doing "married things" instead of taking a class about "married things".

THEN, when it finally came around for us to take the class again we finally signed up for it. And the day of the class starting I slipped with a large bread knife and ended up needing a trip to the ER and a bunch of stitches on my right hand. This happened about two hours before the class started. We called the fellowship coordinators and told them what had happened and that we probably wouldn't make it to class that day. They "strongly encouraged" us to get there. Somehow we did.

And what did I learn?

Nothing I remember at all. Except the bestiality thing. Which was (come on, people!) a bit of a no-brainer. And the sudden reversal of TWI's position on premarital sex. Which annoyed me, but I was married by then, so it didn't effect me much at all at that point.

And they wanted me to miss my honeymoon for that??

Nothing new because they can't find anything to plagiarize.

Not even their own "classes."

Remember PFAL? You know, the class that was soooo important, we had to make sure everyone in the world sat through it? The one people literally died trying to promote? Yeah, that one. Even it's in mothballs now....Not that I'm complaining about that, mind you.

Edited by waysider

jj perhaps your body and mind were a bit fuddled from the big knife and trip to the ER

Except the clarification on bestiality not being ok... and something about a boy shouldn't touch a girl anywhere her soccer uniform covers??

ohman i don't even know what to say.... so much i could say which would be gross but hilarious (in my sick mind)

There was this man who started a religion for married couples only. He met with 3 couples who agreed to be in this religion. The man told them the first thing they had to do was abstain from sex for one month. One month later the man met with all 3 couples again. He talked with them privately this time.

The first couple had been married 25 years. He asked them if they successfully abstained from sex for that month. They said yes. He said tell me how it went. They said the first 2 weeks were OK, the third week they got a little edgy, and the fourth week they got real edgy, but they made it. That's great said the man.

The second couple had been married 10 years. Same questions. They said the first week was OK, the second week they got edgy, the third week they got real edgy, and the fourth week was pure hell, but they made it.

The third couple had been married only 6 months. They didn't make it. What happened said the man. Well, uh, the first week we got real edgy, the second week was pure hell, and early into the third week my wife bent down to pick up a can of beans and I just lost control. Well, said the man. I can't let you join THIS time, but...Oh,that's OK, said the couple, they won't let us in Quik Trip anymore, either.

Edited by johniam

I think they should just drop the subterfuge and put together classes to train people how they really live. A new FNC, INT, ADV classes on "How to Be A Pharisee".

I mean that way, rather than having to waste all that time sidetracking with teachings and classes that present their public image, they can get right down to what they do best and how they live and train people to do it.

At the very least..

I have a lot to be thankful for Da Way. In a less than fifty percent of my lifetime, I've learned.. *almost* every conspiracy theory known to man..

the motivation for the arrogance of weird groups..

something along the line of: the I Am complex..

one more dialect of Nuttiness.