GreaseSpot Cafe

Moving Beyond Wierwille

skyrider

Geer thought he had earned the right to be the president of the Way International because he had been Wierwille's conscienceless henchman and toady, but the old MOGFART picked Martindale instead. So Geer decided to bide his time and concocted Wierwille's "last will and testament."

The Passing of A Patriarch, which Geer read about a year after Wierwille's death had two purposes, first, to menace the Trustees with the threat of exposing the adultery if Geer didn't get his way, and second to try to magnify Geer in everyone else's eyes as large as he was in his own.

Wierwille's doctrine was rotten to the core... to the core.

The offshoots may have tinkered with this teaching or that, but the core is still rotten, and it rots those who follow it.

Love,

Steve

John....what's with the focus on LCM? Are you attempting to point to Geer's "accomplishments" by referencing LCM as a standard-bearer?

Really? Talk about HOLLOW arguments.....you're nailing it!

You caught that, eh?

With both men falling FAR short of responsible leadership,

the way to make geer look good is to compare him to a much crazier "leader" also trained personally by vpw.

It's like the idea that an insecure woman can feel better by hanging out with a

much uglier friend or thinner friend so she can look better by comparison.

It's an illusion, a lie, a deception- but some people sleep better at night

deceiving themselves.

You could say that at first; I never heard of the guy before 1986, but after 27 years? He's earned much more than LCM at this point. Same hollow arguments.

If you really want the point by point, John Juedes has a pretty good analysis:

http://www.empirenet.com/~messiah7/rec_geerclone.htm

"While it doesn't appear that Geer actually copies Wierwille's PFAL book word for word, WIGP reproduces almost all of Wierwille's class, topic by topic. WIGP is PFAL piracy."

Those arguments are factual, not hollow. They also cover what Geer is doing now, not just controversy over the POOP paper. Which just to fit in one more point about that paper - I've read tons of autobiographies by people with big egos. I've never seen anyone stroke themselves anywhere near as much and with as big an ego as Geer did in that paper. That's the true inner workings of someone's mind. That is not going to change after 27 years - he may tone it down, but you will see that ego come out if the guy's confronted, and how he answers criticism.

quote: John....what's with the focus on LCM?

I compare him to you in one context, then I compare him to CG in another context, and this means I'm FOCUSSING on him? Yes, that's a hollow argument.

quote: "...earned much more."

Much more WHAT?

Someone else posted that CG hadn't earned anything. Ask that person. Jeez you guys can't seem to focus on ANYTHING except your witch hunt.

quote:

quote: "...earned much more."

Much more WHAT?

Someone else posted that CG hadn't earned anything. Ask that person. Jeez you guys can't seem to focus on ANYTHING except your witch hunt.

I'm not finding any such reference on this thread, other than yours. So, I pose the question again....earned much more WHAT?

no witch hunt here - only talking about geer from experience

actually craig comes out better because i left before he went insane

but i was around long enough to know what a bastad he was

i witnessed firsthand more than once that mr. busdriver should have been sent to the funny farm and i don't mean wierwille's farm

Geer thought he had earned the right to be the president of the Way International because he had been Wierwille's conscienceless henchman and toady, but the old MOGFART picked Martindale instead. So Geer decided to bide his time and concocted Wierwille's "last will and testament."

This is the quote that triggered johniam's speculations about who earned what and how. It was pretty obvious from The Passing of a Patriarch that Geer placed an extraordinary emphasis on how much he had done for Wierwille and "the Word" and how little appreciation he had received in return.

I repeat,

"Wierwille's doctrine was rotten to the core... to the core.

The offshoots may have tinkered with this teaching or that, but the core is still rotten, and it rots those who follow it."

Geer was the most impressive of all the Wierwille imitators I ever saw.

Love,

Steve

Edited by Steve Lortz

Johniam asked:

You could say that at first; I never heard of the guy before 1986, but after 27 years? He's earned much more than LCM at this point. Same hollow arguments.

And Waysider responded:

...earned much more.

Much more WHAT?

opprobrium - hatred - despite - malice - rancor - contempt - disdain - loathing ... something along those lines, maybe?

Notice that I did NOT say that "CG hadn't earned anything." I wrote that he thought he had earned the right to be the President of The Way International. If you study his course material as closely as you read the posts here, then it's easy to see why you can't seem to notice his errors.

Love,

Steve

Speaking about moving beyond Wierwille...

Where... or exactly WHAT was Wierwille?

By teaching the "absent Christ" and assuming a "mantle" as the man of God of the world for this our day and time, Wierwille substituted himself for Christ in the thinking of his followers. Substituting one's self for Christ is one of the real meanings of "antichrist" in the Bible. And the Bible doesn't say there's just one antichrist. I John 2:18 says there have been many antichrists ever since the first century, and that they were originally Christians.

Moving beyond Wierwille means rejecting his substitution of himself for Christ. All the people who have tried to assume Wierwille's position as the man of God are trying to move beyond him as an antichrist.

Love,

Steve

Are you really suggesting.. that CG is (or was, for all we know at the moment..) a WITCH?

:biglaugh:

hey..

Oh. What did the geermeister earn in his stay at da way..

a degree? Oh. corps graduate.. a plagiarizer, trained by a plagiarizer.. I guess that is some kind of degree..

really though.. what did he really "earn".. put up with enough of the old man's ill temper.. and one is entitled to what? A title perhaps?

Entitlement.. that word has been thrown around a lot lately..

Jeez you guys can't seem to focus on ANYTHING except your witch hunt.

john, I hope you will think about one thing. if clear evidence is brought up about geer, and your knee-jerk reaction is to discount it as a "witch hunt", and then not review the evidence and try to be somewhat objective about it, do you think honestly that what your mind is going through represents a healthy and balanced response? Do you really think that doesn't represent cult think?

In TWI we all threw around the ideas of devil spirits. Leadership would commonly label someone as possessed when they were not just to shut down anyone considering the validity of their point. Like the adultery paper and Schoenheit. Geer was the king of this. He labeled more people as possessed than anyone I ever saw.

Oh. What did the geermeister earn in his stay at da way..

A radio with a low call-sign ID number and a reputation where everyone was afraid of him because of the extremity of his antics?

• 2 weeks later...