GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI: Spiritual Surveillance

skyrider

Yeah......the mandatory request for ALL corps to document their life with explicit, personal information.

Weren't some even threatened to be thrown out of the corps because they did NOT write it until pressured?

In our area for a long time, the limby leader wanted the fellowship cords to collect WEEKLY :blink: :blink: family reports.

They had to be very detailed about what we did and include what we learned from Gods word that week and areas of spiritual growth.

Unbelievably time consuming and exhausting. On top of this, we were required to attend our fellowship at least 3 times a week.

All this while working full time and having a family.

If you didn't turn it in on time or didn't do it, they followed up. :nono5: They demanded to know when you would get it to them and insisted you made it a priority.

The reports were sometimes returned to you with requests for more details about growth etc...

I ran out of things to write about. Some weeks our family had no "spiritual growth" that we could document. God forbid you admitted that.

So I would write stupid stuff like "On Wednesday, we turned the TV off and decided to make sure we were not watching too much of it".

This limby leader was full time staff on the field with too much time on his hands.

Eventually- they said we only had to turn the reports in once a month- but it was still a stupid pain in the butt.

It finally faded out after about a year and a half. Oy Vey- the things we did and the time we wasted for them.

IMO that is by design. With the amount of micromanagement and control they are exhibiting it is clear that they want the most compliant of sheep. They definitely don't want anyone involved that is a free thinker and expressive. They want obedience, compliance. No questions. No "suggestions". No individual research to deal with. Followers that nod the head, do what they are told including cutting off communication with those outside of favor, string chairs at meetings happily, and send in their ABS check. They persecute and run off anyone with a voice. They want Stepford wives as followers. Other types they will give that colonoscopy to.

Also, this is masked in sugar-coated terms. In today's TWI, when someone talks about "unity" or "the one body" or "we function as a household" within TWI, this is what they are talking about. They are brain-washed jargon terms, not genuine Biblical terms of how they function. True unity has its basis in love, not fear or paranoia or the lust for control or micromanagement.

Colonoscopies aren't bad... they give you good drugs to make it comfortable. It's the prep for it that's so unpleasant.

When I was a Corps Grad in Mississippi, I had to write a monthly letter to the limb leader. I hated it. I can't imagine having to turn in weekly reports. How did we put up with that sh1t? I also had to do some stupid diagram that projected what I planned to accomplish on the field, i.e. projected ABS, sign-ups for future classes, additions of twig members etc. I hated it. How was I supposed to predict/control all that stuff? Worst time of my life.

And they claimed they weren't into "numbers".

When I was a Corps Grad in Mississippi, I had to write a monthly letter to the limb leader. I hated it. I can't imagine having to turn in weekly reports. How did we put up with that sh1t? I also had to do some stupid diagram that projected what I planned to accomplish on the field, i.e. projected ABS, sign-ups for future classes, additions of twig members etc. I hated it. How was I supposed to predict/control all that stuff? Worst time of my life.

And they claimed they weren't into "numbers".

It Got Worse.

During the Martindale era (error) near-abouts 1996-1998......full-time field corps HAD TO SUBMIT WEEKLY SCHEDULES IN 15-MINUTE SLOT FRAMES.

Do you know what its like to "plan" your life in advance in 15-minute time slots, projecting how your upcoming week is going to unfold.....

and then, re-submit how it changed to throw you off kilter.

Also......add in time for sex time with spouse. :asdf:

Yeah, really THEY WANTED TO KNOW that you and spousie were romping in the bedroom according to "biblical standards".....ie "not neglecting

one another." So.....it certainly was one thing to detail your witnessing hours, twig nights, branch meetings, etc.....but to give twi's

region/trunk/root leadership specifics about your sex life was plain wacko. And, this reporting was MANDATORY.

If you failed to comply, then they felt entitled to threaten and/or fire you from employment.

Yeah, can't you just feel the love?

Religion and politics are blood-brothers of the same deranged gene pool.

I thought you weren't supposed to let the Devil know what your plans were, so he couldn't mess with them. ha ha

Yeah, that's what VPP taught in PLAF (The Wonder Class). The whole Way "thang" is so chock full of contradictions, you might as well toss the whole thing in the crapper and give it a good flush.

I'm sure Jesus submitted a 15 min schedule when he was passing through Samaria and met the woman at the well... sorry, love, you're unscheduled, so can't stop to talk to you now.

...or even meeting and calling his disciples. Peter, you're scheduled for 3.15 to 3.45, and it's now coming up for 4pm, I have to go...

...or on the way to raise Jairus's daughter and the woman with the issue of blood touched his clothing...Sorry missus, my appointment diary's full for today, could you come back the day after tomorrow at 10.15am?

It'd be fascinating reading LCM's 15 minute diary.

5pm, SNS (it was, in those days. 5pm. I think)

Therefore...3pm, get showered up ready, 3.15 put on clothes, 3.30 get to auditorium, 3.45 have a cup of coffee, 4pm sexually assault one of the staff members 4.15 assault still in progress, 4.30 have another shower, 4.45 get dressed and have another cup of coffee, 5pm prance out onto stage...

Yeah, that's what VPP taught in PLAF (The Wonder Class). The whole Way "thang" is so chock full of contradictions, you might as well toss the whole thing in the crapper and give it a good flush.

That would be a good thread all in itself.

ohmygod

on staff

had to drive to get to and from the job

almost drove off the road

donna and rosalie making out in car

this was before craig and donna's last baby -- well how many babies did they have?

but no one asked me for a report

damn it

Did they put that on their 15 minute schedule report?

ohmygod

on staff

had to drive to get to and from the job

almost drove off the road

donna and rosalie making out in car

this was before craig and donna's last baby -- well how many babies did they have?

but no one asked me for a report

damn it

WOW that's incredible that you saw that. You'd think they'd be a little more discreet. Blows my mind.

Twi "leadership" abides by one rule........OBEDIENCE.

In one breath, martindale would tout the "foundational principles in pfal" and yet, violate its essence day after day.

But of course the wierwille-doctrine......i.e. the corps way was "don't ask how high to jump, just JUMP."

Ever notice that nearly every wierwille-apologist and pfal-defender NEVER WENT CORPS.

The higher doctrine for the spiritual elite (cough, cough) was OBEDIENCE.

It didn't matter what pfal taught you.

In fact, it didn't even matter what the bible says.

OBEDIENCE TO THE MOG was, and is, the highest form of twi-servitude.

THAT is the idolatry rooted and bearing putrid fruit in twi.

the last communication I had with the little "darling" went along the lines "well, ham. You know we have to keep the troops in line.."

very revealing. "those under your charge" well, whoever gave you any charge to begin with, but those under your supposed charge are NOT friends, they are NOT considered family, they are considered in a lesser position: troops.

Troops are generally disposable..

• 2 weeks later...

It Got Worse.

During the Martindale era (error) near-abouts 1996-1998......full-time field corps HAD TO SUBMIT WEEKLY SCHEDULES IN 15-MINUTE SLOT FRAMES.

Do you know what its like to "plan" your life in advance in 15-minute time slots, projecting how your upcoming week is going to unfold.....

and then, re-submit how it changed to throw you off kilter.

Then, Sky, maybe you'll get a kick out of this. We had graduated as Recognized Corps (1 year in-res), but were sent to Phoenix instead of a staff assignment because hubby was drinking and there was a Limb leader going there who would undershepherd him. The guy who was supposed to help him refused to, and only lasted 6 months. So we basically had zero help, or even supervision. Two Limb leaders later, I get called in to meet with him -- I suppose he was trying to get a handle on what kind of leadership types he had.

He wanted me to fill out a set of those 15-minute schedules. I looked at them, then handed them back to him and refused, saying I was Recognized Corps and not required to do that kind of thing. He said something like "Dr. didn't really want there to be a Recognized Corps," but I just said that was our understanding when I went in. I tried to be polite, but I also had no interest in doing something so inane with someone who didn't even know me.

Silly.

Some tc's and bc''s wanted their people to be so "spiritually aware" that they imposed all the corps mandates on them too. So, we also had to keep time schedules in 15 minute segments and then re-submit them corrected, of course. I happened to mention that I thought keeping such records would cut my productivity and my tc agreed with me. He put it to me this way.......We see so many "believers" not making progress in their lives, so I think this will be good for them. If they have to makes themselves a schedule in advance they'll have to think of how they spend their time" and he was sure I'd only have to do it once because he knew how busy I was.

So I filled out the form and then the one for next week with the corrected first week form. Absolutely nothing was done as I suspected and planned in it's little time cubby hole.

So I re-did the form on a larger piece of paper with the corrections filled in in different ink color. That was the end of that for me...but other folks didn't know anything about scheduling....so there was some profit for them...They were taught how to budget time and other things about time management. I was fortunate, very fortunate...the immediate leadership I had was really into helping people and teaching some of our twig how to budget their money and their time was a good thing for them.

I probably had the only leadership in the country who did things like that. However, later I discovered that they were leading a double life....showing one face to some folks and the other to twi mucky-mucks. That's when I began formulating my exit strategy.

I really don't see any 'profit' in making people schedule time like that, then turning it in to someone for evaluation and judgement. I'm sure slaves in the 19th century also learned a lot about hard work, and accomplishing tasks while the whip was held over them, too. The way had spun completely out of control.

I really don't see any 'profit' in making people schedule time like that, then turning it in to someone for evaluation and judgement.

Unless......there's a hidden agenda.

Indoctrinate.......nudge/manipulate......surveillance. Repeat as needed.

Remember those 'release groups' at the advanced class. Was it a time for discussion? Nope.

Was it a time for questions? Nope. It was a time for the corps/group leader to highlight

regurgitate wierwille's teachings and monitor the 'progress' of the group indoctrination.

Ever since we stepped foot into twi's 'undershepherding world'......leadership had been herding us away

to a secluded valley of dependence (on them) and isolation.

Edited by skyrider

What I find intriguing: is how or why a participant has to consider a strategy to cut off membership from a CHURCH.

No, I didn't have one.. I met insanity face to face.. and there was no other choice. At the time, anyway..

"Hmmm. I'll think about it, and get back to you.. yeah. That's what I'll do.."

:biglaugh:

He who loves his bread and vegetables separate because of loy's dietary advice says.. "well, duhhh... Okie Dokie.."