GreaseSpot Cafe

One Foot In ..... One Foot Out

skyrider

If wierwille's twi was so incredible....why were there SO MANY discrepancies?

Even in pfal.....Dr. EE H!ggins keeps phoning wierwille [at least, that's what he said] night after night asking him what did God teach you today? She sits thru his class. Then she's gone. One Foot In ..... One Foot Out.

Also in pfal.....Rosalind R!nker goes on a one-woman-missionary-trip to wierwille's soul. Even as a pastor, he still didn't believe his bible was Holy Writ. She stayed throughout the week and was gone. No Feet In ..... Both Feet Out.

And..............Peter J. W@de was noted as wierwille's *right-hand man of research* in pfal. So, ummm......that didn't last all that long, now did it? One Foot In ..... and Gone.

Or...............Wierwille's brother, Harry. Pretty much spends his whole life in the furniture business, making money. Then he is propped up as an example of "believing God" for abundance.

Same deal........Dr. C@rolyn R@wlins delivered some 10,000 babies [?] in her lifetime, then at near retirement goes into the Family Corps. With money in bank, 401K pension, retirement security......she NOW is an example of "a believer." See how this works, twi-style?

Athletes, big-name types, etc. got the same treatment of praise. Until they split.

BUT.....if corps, especially "wierwille's corps," attempted to head out into the business world and DO THIS.....it was blasted from the Corps Night Podium. That's worldly! That's devilish! That's not how it works. Once you've put your hand to the plow, you've got to stay in there plowing every day.

SHOW ME THE MONEY......of people doing it the other way around. Take classes and THEN, seeing the power AND abundance flow in.

SHOW ME THE EXAMPLES...of taking it to the streets with the power of God.

SHOW ME THE VALIANT MEN....who live for God come hell or high water. Men like Shadrack, Meshack, and Abendego who went to the fiery furnace and came out without so much as the smell of smoke. Come on, twi. Show me.

One Foot In ..... One Foot Out

....Mostly OUT

The wise ones never stepped in. The smart ones got the heck out quickly. Then there's us'ems. Not sure what to make of that.

Yeah.....I think many of us'ems were good-hearted and spent a lot of time

giving to others. We gave twi leadership every benefit of a doubt UNTIL

the evil & corruption at the root could no longer be rationalized away.

BOTH FEET OUT.....and loving the wide open spaces.

that's how you do the hokey pokey :biglaugh:

Richie DeBartolo, bassist for Joyful Noise, played in a band in Vegas after JN broke up. I never heard any negative stuff about that. Did he get trashed at corps night ever? Robert Schuller (sp) the guy with the crystal palace in CA took pfal. Was that before he was famous?

Richie DeBartolo, bassist for Joyful Noise, played in a band in Vegas after JN broke up. I never heard any negative stuff about that. Did he get trashed at corps night ever?

Not that I recall......but then, that's not really all that unusual.

The guys who took the most verbal trashing from wierwille or martindale

were the Region/Limb coordinators who dissented. Obviously, these leaders

had to be publically ostracized by the mogs.....to set a precedent for others

who might be tempted to follow suit.

Musicians were, oftentimes, given a pass and could simply slip out the side door.

Even the clergy musicians didn't have the clout that a Region/Limb guy had to initiate

an exodus in his own state or region. That's why, I believe, that wierwille knew it

was "wise" to shuffle these guys around every three years so that they didn't build a

reputation and support in the area that would be hard to topple.

YMMV

Richie DeBartolo, bassist for Joyful Noise, played in a band in Vegas after JN broke up. I never heard any negative stuff about that. Did he get trashed at corps night ever? Robert Schuller (sp) the guy with the crystal palace in CA took pfal. Was that before he was famous?

To my knowledge neither Schuller nor Peale took PFAL, but Wierwille utilized some of their material for the class, even Watchman Nee's Sit, Walk, Stand, borrowing their teachings without citations. :smilie_kool_aid:

To my knowledge neither Schuller nor Peale took PFAL, but Wierwille utilized some of their material for the class, even Watchman Nee's Sit, Walk, Stand, borrowing their teachings without citations. :smilie_kool_aid:/>

There were often stories about a friend-of-a-friend knowing THIS famous person

or THAT theologian took pfal, joined and quit, or had a direct encounter with

vpw. vpw himself told the story about Normal Vincent Peale, where he claimed

vpw was present at a meeting where Peale claimed to have seen a dead relative

ghost down along with the choir, and said so at the pulpit. According to vpw,

he confronted Peale afterwards on "the Bible says the dead are dead", and Peale

responded by saying he didn't care what the Bible says, he saw them with his

own eyes. (vpw told the story at the mainstage of ROA 79, but it was an earlier

ROA where he gave the name of who he supposedly confronted.) According to vpw,

the man's organization frequently taught such things in its newsletter

(which is Guideposts, but vpw never gave the name).

(That is, ghosts of the dead visiting the living and watching over them...)

Then again, since he didn't drop the name while claiming that part, it should not

be a surprise I can't find any reference to Peale ever saying such things.

Probably was never such a reference in any newsletter, nor such an incident.

Few nowadays would be surprised to discover vpw completely manufacturing an incident

while preaching, and denigrating a Christian leader or leaders in the process.

That's all I've heard about Peale, nothing about him taking pfal.

About Schuller supposedly taking pfal or being involved in twi, I've heard nothing

and such claims sound ridiculous. From the time pfal supposedly began onward,

Schuller was a bigger fish than vpw, consistently.

The only way I'd buy Schuller ever taking it was if vpw had actually marketed pfal

for pastors like Leonard did- which vpw did not, he wanted to use it to build a

congregation of his own, not enhance the congregations of others. IF that had

happened, then PERHAPS Schuller MIGHT have taken it and left- providing Schuller

actually ever HEARD of vpw at the time. By the time vpw had met the hippies,

Schuller already had built entirely new church structures to house his congregation-

all in CALIFORNIA. (Before the internet, Schuller would never have HEARD of

a junior league pastor in the middle of Ohio, let alone left California and his

congregation to sit through his classes.) The more information I look at on

Schuller, the more ridiculous it seems. It's remotely possible they attended

some big conference together like the one where he met Stiles, but other than

that, further claims are silly.

only thing in common is Peale and Schuller were RCA(Reformed Church in America) while Wierwille was E&R(Evangelical and German Reformed which became UCC/United Church of Christ) being Zwinglian/Calvinist, nothing else

Even though it was necessary to get all the info out about the plagiarism, and the rocking motion in the coach (and other places) and the other negative and evil things that have come out on these and other boards, I frequently felt a bit embarrassed about it, since I knew his kids would be reading it, and who wants to read that kind of junk about your parents?.

It seems to me that, in 1994 when LCM led twi did the debt purge, the homo purge, and later the unproductive evil purge, that they all foolishly thought that..."now that we've "cleaned up the ministry" and gotten rid of the "bad people" God can once again bless the ministry and we'll see huge outreach and show the world what the "power of God" can accomplish".

I guess they haven't come up with a plan b just yet.

It seems to me that, in 1994 when LCM led twi did the debt purge, the homo purge, and later the unproductive evil purge, that they all foolishly thought that..."now that we've "cleaned up the ministry" and gotten rid of the "bad people" God can once again bless the ministry and we'll see huge outreach and show the world what the "power of God" can accomplish".

I guess they haven't come up with a plan b just yet.

Breaking News

There is no Plan B.

Just keep the trains running on time and hope they don't jump the track.

I had heard that Kenneth Copeland and/or his wife Gloria had taken PFAL. It seemed reasonable to me, as a lot of Copeland's teachings (especially on Christian prosperity) were very similar to VPW's. Of course, now it seems more likely that both men drew on common sources... :)/>

George

Kenyon's Word-Faith stuff was plagiarized freely by a lot of people.

if wierwille's twi were so incredible, why did all of his children leave the org except don after his death?

And Don needed the incredible coincidence of twi shelling out for an entire freaking college

to keep him in. What a coincidence that twi suddenly wanted an educational institution

just as someone who wanted a degree in Education was on his way out-

yet was someone vpw wanted to keep IN.