GreaseSpot Cafe

The End of the RFR Era

rubina

Wow!  And Vern is still in place!  What happened there?
Is she dead; had a stroke; really, really, retired from TWI - or is she hiding even deeper behind the scenes as some sort of "emeritus" or honorary member of the BOD?

Interesting times ahead!

16 hours ago, rubina said:

Rosalie is out. The Board members are updated on the website. I'll update with more details as I hear them. 

https://www.theway.org/

BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Rev. Vern Edwards
Rev. Bill Greene
Rev. John Rupp

This is not surprising.

At age 80.....I would imagine that Rosalie is tired, truly tired, of keeping up daily pretenses.  And, looking in her mirror.....it was time to face the reality that her aged body is not camera-ready without a lot of constant work.

The daily grind of details.....who quit, who exited, and who is going to go in and do damage control.  Hundreds of corps have exited since 2005.  And, that 2017 exodus took a swath of "big-names" (moynihans, forts, horneys, magnellis, fredericks, etc.) many who'd been involved since the early 70s.  Even for Rosa-lie.....that had to be depressing.  Could it be that this last *patch it up before leaving* was Rosa-lie's attempt to save a smidgeon of her legacy?  Yeah, a legacy of destruction.

No matter.  Life moves on......and the new guys who've been groomed in way-religion will "follow the yellow brick road."  They heard Wierwille was a whiz of a wiz.....if ever a wiz there was!  After martindale was ousted, Rosa-lie made sure wierwille regained his mog-title, in full.

When all is said and done......I think that Rosa-lie was holding out for that 20-year badge of honor.  She held the presidency for 20 years.....after martindale was kicked out for sexual predation (public confession in April 2000 of a "one-time affair" with Ms. Allen).  Thus, Rosa-lie held the throne from April 2000 - June 2020.  She had to clean up that unfortunate mishap with choosing Jean-Yves to run things.  But now.....she can claim to have held the post for 20 years as she holds onto this legend in her own mind.

So now, Rosalie will sit in an emeritus seat alongside Howard (the Duck) and Wanda.  What grand company the emeritus group is.....  LOL

There will be no change.....just a reshuffling of the deck chairs.

Edited by skyrider
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

:offtopic:

I clicked on the bookstore (   TWI bookstore  and   research  ) and noticed that Power For Abundant Living (the orange book) is NOT listed there…guess I never got the memo on this omission in the lineup LOL  - was this discussed before on Grease Spot?

Edited by T-Bone
corrected link

2 hours ago, T-Bone said:

:offtopic:

I clicked on the bookstore (   TWI bookstore  and   research  ) and noticed that Power For Abundant Living (the orange book) is NOT listed there…guess I never got the memo on this omission in the lineup LOL  - was this discussed before on Grease Spot?

I believe that the orange book is now given to advanced class students during the class

Hmph.  Use to be, it was part of the class for PFAL and that was what part of the cost of the class.

I wonder if she received a lovely twenty year paperweight for her desk?  I'm sure there were many accolades of her for so many years of faithful service and how thankful everyone in way world is for her life.

Of course this was said with extreme sarcasm.

Edited by penguin2
Resetting the tone!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, penguin2 said:

I wonder if she received a lovely twenty year paperweight for her desk?  I'm sure there were many accolades of her for so many years of faithful service and how thankful everyone in way world is for her life. 

I think you may have dropped this: /s

:biglaugh:

On 6/16/2020 at 5:49 PM, Twinky said:

Wow!  And Vern is still in place!  What happened there?
Is she dead; had a stroke; really, really, retired from TWI - or is she hiding even deeper behind the scenes as some sort of "emeritus" or honorary member of the BOD?

Interesting times ahead!

Exactly. I'm wondering too!

48 minutes ago, penguin2 said:

Exactly. I'm wondering too!

49 minutes ago, penguin2 said:

Do you think she's really left the boardroom? Is she emeritus/retired or whatever they call it?

Does it matter? Is the culture of the organization going to change? I doubt it.

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Yet, we know that the twi grapevine isn't necessarily reliable.

True. My understanding is based on a conversation with a current staffperson, and hasn't been represented in other replies, so I posted.  Who knows honestly, but I imagine the image will be fun for people to roll around in their heads, even if my source is wrong and this is hearsay.

46 minutes ago, Stayed Too Long said:

Who would have wanted her gone and/or would have had the power to oust her?

Well, John Rxpp was just posted to the board along with Vern and Bill.  These guys just watched Rosalie publicly humiliate JyDL for 'failing' after 2 years to turn around an organization that has been a slow trainwreck for 17 years under the leadership of...Rosalie.  As an example, when I was a boy wonder in the mid 00's, InRez enrollment averaged 3-5, and in 2011 I think there were 2.  There's also plenty of top-threads detailing financial troubles, etc..this one's pretty funny: 

.Full circle how some of the comments mention Rupp.  It's hard to imagine that any kind of shell RR built for herself can withstand both this slow decline and the significant recent splinters.  There's no kind of successful record for her to stand on, and frankly, she doesn't seem like she has the humility to choose to stand down having failed so completely.  So, hearsay or not, I think she could definitely have been ousted.  But I did hear that she's Emeritus, so I doubt she's about to get up behind the podium and pontificate about her own failings like poor JyDL..

Edited by Ghosted
clearer prose

Way leadership is about as opaque as it gets, so I don't think we can be certain about what transpired unless someone steps forward, which is unlikely. But, none of that is going to dampen my curiosity so I'll weigh what I find to be the most convincing options.

On 3/7/2020 at 6:40 PM, Longhunter said:

At tomorrow’s STService (March 8, 2020) The Way will announce that they are replacing Jean-Yves De Lisle as President of TWI. 

At this point, it’s safe to say RR is a megalomaniac and has no checks and balances and is really in a bad place mentally. I think we will see either another wave of fallout evacuees (reaction to her loose handle antics) or some major push back against her internally that results in her full removal or a splintering of leadership (more offshoots). It’s just not looking good for them. 

As Longhunter was right on one count, I think it is safe to say that his information should be taken seriously, so I think the ousting theory has some merit to it. Also, I'm personally drawn to it because it has the most intrigue and raises questions about our notions of who was pulling the strings over the years.

On 6/17/2020 at 6:42 AM, skyrider said:

This is not surprising.

At age 80.....I would imagine that Rosalie is tired, truly tired, of keeping up daily pretenses.  And, looking in her mirror.....it was time to face the reality that her aged body is not camera-ready without a lot of constant work.

The daily grind of details.....who quit, who exited, and who is going to go in and do damage control.  Hundreds of corps have exited since 2005.  And, that 2017 exodus took a swath of "big-names" (moynihans, forts, horneys, magnellis, fredericks, etc.) many who'd been involved since the early 70s.  Even for Rosa-lie.....that had to be depressing.  Could it be that this last *patch it up before leaving* was Rosa-lie's attempt to save a smidgeon of her legacy?  Yeah, a legacy of destruction.

She had to clean up that unfortunate mishap with choosing Jean-Yves to run things.  But now.....she can claim to have held the post for 20 years as she holds onto this legend in her own mind.

So now, Rosalie will sit in an emeritus seat alongside Howard (the Duck) and Wanda.  What grand company the emeritus group is.....  LOL

There will be no change.....just a reshuffling of the deck chairs.

The growing old and tired theory is not quite as fun, but I really feel like it's what happened. Rosalie, like any other person, cares about her legacy and doesn't want to drag the Way to her grave. Besides, I can't think of anyone who has the power to oust Rosalie, Vern was just given his position and is probably still learning the ropes. Rupp and Greene both live outside of HQ and I don't think that they would have the power to oust Rosalie, although it is possible. 

Rosalie isn't dead, or at least I haven't seen any obituary for her. It is possible that she has some chronic illness, but I haven't heard anything to confirm or deny it.

On 6/19/2020 at 12:11 AM, Rocky said:

Does it matter? Is the culture of the organization going to change? I doubt it.

At the end of the day, I don't think the change of leadership is going to fundamentally change how the Way functions. The bureaucracy is firmly entrenched and will continue to do what it has always done. All decision-making is done through its shaping, it's not like the leadership is going to change the PFAL class system, reform the Way Corpse, and gut departments at HQ. If there are any changes, they definitely will not happen overnight. 

11 hours ago, Ghosted said:

As an example, when I was a boy wonder in the mid 00's, InRez enrollment averaged 3-5, and in 2011 I think there were 2. 

Wow.  3-5, then only 2.  Probably lucky now if they get even 1.  What's the point of having the WC training program if there's no-one to train?    Wouldn't you hate to be the "one" or even one of the "3-5" and have all that scrutiny focused in your direction?

• 4 weeks later...