GreaseSpot Cafe

New guy

Utopian/Lunch

I'm new here. My grandmother was going through a tough time in the late 80s and found some Wayers/Ex-Wayers (idk). She say the VPW vids and later the WIGP tapes and through the CG networks in CA met a lot of people. My mom followed suit and somehow i have also. Despite what i have now come to believe as the sensible members of my family not going along. I dropped out of it when i got into college and have serious theological qualms, but i'm not here to debate or preach anything. I just want to meet other people who where a part of this really weird  thing in my life that was confusing and made relating to others in a religious way darn near impossible. 

Welcome to Grease Spot, Utopian/Lunch - cool name what's the story behind that?

On 8/30/2020 at 3:23 AM, Utopian/Lunch said:

I just want to meet other people who where a part of this really weird  thing in my life that was confusing and made relating to others in a religious way darn near impossible. 

That resonates with me...funny - I didn't think it was weird until I left...it's been said that nobody ever intentionally joins a cult - I think that's true...Grease Spot is a good place to figure some things out and unravel some of the convoluted weirdness...I've met a lot of good helpful folks here...also it's been a good place for me to think out loud - and from that I've learned how to explain my experience in a much clearer and concise manner and don't feel embarrassed or concerned about some stigma... continuing to develop critical thinking skills and self-reflection - and trying to practice some humility and empathy is really cool for your personal growth - but I also think that stuff can rub off on others - and help us all better relate to each other.

Edited by T-Bone
typos & formatting
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 1:23 AM, Utopian/Lunch said:

I'm new here. My grandmother was going through a tough time in the late 80s and found some Wayers/Ex-Wayers (idk). She say the VPW vids and later the WIGP tapes and through the CG networks in CA met a lot of people. My mom followed suit and somehow i have also. Despite what i have now come to believe as the sensible members of my family not going along. I dropped out of it when i got into college and have serious theological qualms, but i'm not here to debate or preach anything. I just want to meet other people who where a part of this really weird  thing in my life that was confusing and made relating to others in a religious way darn near impossible. 

You want to meet people in person who can relate to your experience? Are you in California?

Greetings Utopian/Lunch. UL. You-El. Can I call you Yule? You can make your avatar a Christmas log or tree or something?

Anyway, welcome. Look forward to your input.  (Feel free to preach... in our Doctrinal section.. But be warned, people may not agree. In fact, good luck finding someone who does!)

On 8/30/2020 at 9:23 AM, Utopian/Lunch said:

I just want to meet other people who where a part of this really weird  thing in my life that was confusing and made relating to others in a religious way darn near impossible. 

Most of us here know about that weird and confusing thing and especially the bit about relating to others in a religious way.  But you can use that to challenge those who are more conformist.  Do enjoy some - interesting! - discussions.  (In fact, some of those discussions might even be here in the Cafe!)

Anyway, sit down for a while and have something to eat and drink.

coffee-3163596_1280.jpg

• 3 years later...