GreaseSpot Cafe

The Word Is No Longer Over The World

Stayed Too Long

2 hours ago, Stayed Too Long said:

The July/August 2022 Way Magazine’s cover declares “We are moving the Word Over the World.” On the inside there is an article entitled,  “Word Over The World Report.” Apparently the Prevailing Word is no longer established around the world.

https://store.theway.org/store/jul-aug-2022-way-magazine/

Can you link the article? It seems a $5 fee is required to read it. (Apparently, God's word is not freely given.) I refuse to give another dime to this corporation.

Is WOW based on Mark 6:15?

• Like 1

I can save you reading the article.  It says to read to "see how" they're doing that.  They are incapable of originality. This is just a new call for WOWs, possibly international WOWs, since they're putting that in the context of flags from different continents.

The odd thing about the original claim of "the Prevailing Word" was that AFTER twi lost some 80% of its people came lcm's announcement that he got revelation that "The Word is over the world."  The explanation, when asked, was that everybody was within reach of a fellowship.  Again, that was after 4/5 of twi's membership had walked.   So, from there, lcm had to give twi a new purpose and focue.  He'd stolen the spotlight with his little announcement, but in the process, he'd effectively said there was no need to "go witnessing" or, frankly, any impetus to show up anymore.  So, his "promised land of the prevailing word" stuff was next on the agenda (along with all his purges of the unfaithful or suspected unfaithful.)

Supposedly, WOW was based on Jesus sending his disciples out in pairs to preach.  A quote from Isaiah was also used.  In practice, it was kids in groups of 4 (with one owning a car so twi didn't have to arrange transport)  being sent to different places to get entry-level jobs, run pfal classes, and continue to tithe and abundantly share the entire time, for 1 year.  Oh, and rent some place to live, as well.

• Like 1

If "the prevailing word" is "the word" as taught by TWI, it's very good it's not "all over the world."

If “We are moving the Word Over the World” means pushing their agenda more and more (which it does), they need to examine why numbers have dwindled so very badly.  It's, what, 80-ish years since this scam got started.  Think how far the real Word got in 80 years.  Communities of really strong, outstanding, believers all over the Mediterranean area - communities genuinely ready to die for their beliefs - a "school of the prophets" opened up, and many signs, miracles, wonders carried out in the Lord's name.  That was in face of significant and deadly opposition from both religious and secular authorities, far worse than many believers face today.

In the wise words of an ancient prophet, Gamaliel: "If their purpose or endeavor is of human origin, it will fail. 39But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop them. You may even find yourselves fighting against God.” (Acts 5:38-39).

Here's a link to the whole chapter: Acts 5 BSB (biblehub.com).  It's worth having another look, and comparing it to what you saw in TWI.

4 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Supposedly, WOW was based on Jesus sending his disciples out in pairs to preach.  A quote from Isaiah was also used.  In practice, it was kids in groups of 4 (with one owning a car so twi didn't have to arrange transport)  being sent to different places to get entry-level jobs, run pfal classes, and continue to tithe and abundantly share the entire time, for 1 year.  Oh, and rent some place to live, as well.

W.O.W Ambassadors was an unpaid sales force, designed with the express purpose of selling a bible study class that would, in turn, create a long term donor-based income stream for the organization. It was a scam, not a noble cause. But, after a year of dedicated commitment, participants did receive a token bauble to display at group functions. So, there's that.

I think TWI’s strategy for awhile now has been business as usual - carry on despite the failures and disturbances …in the world of scams , it conveys the idea to the minions that there’s still something there even though we at GSC know there’s never been anything there to begin with…and if that doesn’t make sense to you than “just renew your mind.” :confused: :confused:

Edited by T-Bone
Editing as usual
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, waysider said:

W.O.W Ambassadors was an unpaid sales force, designed with the express purpose of selling a bible study class that would, in turn, create a long term donor-based income stream for the organization. It was a scam, not a noble cause. But, after a year of dedicated commitment, participants did receive a token bauble to display at group functions. So, there's that.

As usual, this makes me laugh out loud, but it also make me sad and angry because I know it's true.

Members of AA receive chips as they achieve milestones in their sobriety: 30 days, 90 days, 6 months... Often, by the one year mark, the addict has achieved deep humility and gratitude, sublime clarity of thought, and a certain level of divine awareness and perception. Every sober addict will humbly tell you (only if probed) that it's because of God. But they have nothing to sell, nothing to prevail with, nothing to teach/preach, yet their abundant life is obvious and will share if asked.

My Corps-trained fellowship leader went WOW in RI in the late 70's or early 80's. He said they couldn't sell one class all year because everyone in that city was an assh@le. Not that there could possibly be something wrong with how (H-O-W) he himself was selling!  No humility. No examination of the self. No examination of the tactics or strategy. No examination of the product.

I once worked in sales for a Fortune 100 company for over ten years. I would never have been successful if I used the cop out, "The buyers are all assh@les, so I won't hit my goal this month." I would have been fired.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Gloved hands

WOW ambassadors.  Rehab program plus staff get rid of kids program plus make apprentice corpse do something.

Is it better than Mormons on bicycles?

The jury is still out.

As for word over the world I guess if you are dumb enough to fall for the 1942 miracle and PFAL today in the face of advice and evidence, I guess then you really need a cause, logical or not.

I think with the new generation of millennials you really can’t rely on 60s styles coming back around again.

So they need a better slogan that indicates more specialness. 

Like The Word Dominates the World.

I mean we are really tired of all the passive verbs people.  It’s time to put your Maggie Mugg on and get out there and dominate.

We need some real pro wrestling verbs people or they are gonna keep falling asleep at the Sunday service 

:anim-smile:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, chockfull said:

I mean we are really tired of all the passive verbs people.  It’s time to put your Maggie Mugg on and get out there and dominate.

Dominate, Obey, Commit, Command, Indoctrinate, Program, Persuade, Conform, Submit to the hireling....Defecate in the mouth of God and call it moving the word...

44 minutes ago, chockfull said:

I think with the new generation of millennials you really can’t rely on 60s styles coming back around again.

So they need a better slogan that indicates more specialness. 

We need some real pro wrestling verbs people or they are gonna keep falling asleep at the Sunday service

Get ready to rummmmmble those purse strings!

We’re talking Unbelief Annihilation

Back again for a brief excommunicated moment the Prevailing Turd

WOW Smack Down

MMA - Mixed Marked and Avoided (offshoot class division…why division? why not)

The one the only - Renewed Mind Wrecking Machine

Even now the parking lot around the WOW Auditorium is already shaking!