GreaseSpot Cafe

"Spiritual Goals"

Nathan_Jr

6 hours ago, skyrider said:

Lest we forget..... wierwille's teachings on "spiritual adultery."

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

5 hours ago, waysider said:

Yeah, I remember that. Didn't "Father" show him this great kernel of truth in a fit of revelation or something? If you questioned the validity of it, you were told to SIT more and renew your mind. Only the spiritually weak had trouble understanding it. Now, you wouldn't want anyone to think you're spiritually weak, would you?

Do I need to search the advanced class transcripts much to find out? Is it like spiritual rape? Spiritual lying? Spiritual thievery? Adultery only matters if it's spiritual adultery?

A little help, please..

1 hour ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Do I need to search the advanced class transcripts much to find out? Is it like spiritual rape? Spiritual lying? Spiritual thievery? Adultery only matters if it's spiritual adultery?

A little help, please..

Somehow in wierwilles convoluted logic adultery was a spiritual sin because people in the OT were "whoring after other gods" ... yeah...I get it....obviously it's figurative language except it fit wierwille's predatory lifestyle to twist scripture in this manner because it gave him an obvious out...at least in his mind. He taught others the same...LCM for example...though he's not the only one. Wierwille had it all figured out when it came to bonking someone else's wife or a young single vulnerable corps damsel. Keep it in the lockbox...as long as you commit adultery and do it in believing there is no sin. Don't tell others because they aren't "spiritually" mature enough to handle it...it get's worse the further down the rabbit hole you go.

26 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Somehow in wierwilles convoluted logic adultery was a spiritual sin because people in the OT were "whoring after other gods" ... yeah...I get it....obviously it's figurative language except it fit wierwille's predatory lifestyle to twist scripture in this manner because it gave him an obvious out...at least in his mind. He taught others the same...LCM for example...though he's not the only one. Wierwille had it all figured out when it came to bonking someone else's wife or a young single vulnerable corps damsel. Keep it in the lockbox...as long as you commit adultery and do it in believing there is no sin. Don't tell others because they aren't "spiritually" mature enough to handle it...it get's worse the further down the rabbit hole you go.

Kinda like spiritual bestiality? Or spiritual child rape? If one is "spiritually mature" enough and beleeeeves big enough, one can do all the child and pig f*cking one wants, as long as it's locked in a box behind closed doors?

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Because even children whored after other gods in the OT

18 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Kinda like spiritual bestiality? Or spiritual child rape? If one is "spiritually mature" enough and beleeeeves big enough, one can do all the child and pig f*cking one wants, as long as it's locked in a box behind closed doors?

It seems you have taken some very logical steps with wierwille's illogic and rationalization.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, waysider said:

Page 20, AC silly-bus.

Spirit of Whoredom: Hosea 4:12/5:4

Thanks, Waysider.

I looked it up in the 1971 AC transcript and I read the chapter of Hosea. It's about apostasy and unfaithfulness to God. Got it. But a devil spirit? The word "spirit" is NOT in the text of Hosea 4:12 -- it's NOT in the original. Victor's deficient grasp of the Hebrew language is no excuse for his conjuring a devil spirit. BUT, BUT, BUT, I guess he can add whatever he wants to make it fit his imagination.

Hey, I didn't write the book. Victor said it, I believe it, I guess I'm going over the cliff...

While scanning the '71 AC transcript (occasionally stopping to vomit) I came across the spirit of leviathan. Almost choked! Laughing while vomiting is dangerous.

"This is a real devilish spirit. 'Water-head babies,' people who get in the insatiable desire for water and can't get enough. They drink until their tummy moves out like a Buddha."

Wow! Invaluable! I feel completely complete now. Fully equipped. My rifle is polished and loaded, ready for the fight. Just tremendous knowledge!

16 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

"This is a real devilish spirit. 'Water-head babies,' people who get in the insatiable desire for water and can't get enough. They drink until their tummy moves out like a Buddha.

Apparently, VPW didn't understand the difference between Budai and Buddha.

And speaking of insatiable thirst... something, something, Drambuie, something.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, waysider said:

Apparently, VPW didn't understand the difference between Budai and Buddha.

And speaking of insatiable thirst... something, something, Drambuie, something.

Drambuie and Kools. One must work very hard to overcome such a disgusting combination. Bless his little heart.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Drambuie, Drambuie, and nothing but Drambuie!

I could have sworn someone said vpw had actually connected "spirit of leviathan" with being an alcoholic/drunkard.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

WW, I think he said this "spirit of leviathan" was connected with drinking.

Leviathan was a sea monster of some sort, it's assumed.  A huge sea snake, or a crocodile.  We don't know.

Speaking of snakes, PFAL or was it AC raises the question of "spirit of python" - said to be "always biting, biting."  It bit its victims and injected poison and killed them. 

In fact, pythons, though they bite, are non-venomous and are constrictors.  They're ambush predators, hiding, camouflaging themselves, and lying in wait for a suitable victim.  Then they strike, instantly coiling themselves tightly round their victims, very effectively restricting their breathing and quickly suffocating them.  Or causing a heart attack due to the constriction of the chest. 

Then it swallows the dead victim whole.  It's generally undamaged, just dead.

Hah!  Got it!  TWI itself was a python.  It camouflaged itself as a Christian organisation and lay in wait for suitable victims (ideally, those with money).  Got its fangs into its victims and then rapidly coiled around the victim, stifling ability to breathe, think, and stopping our hearts of compassion from beating.  We looked undamaged, no broken bones - just broken minds and dead hearts.  Broken finances, too.  No wonder some of us felt like the walking dead, at times.  Spirit of python, indeed!

Edited by Twinky

3 hours ago, WordWolf said:

I could have sworn someone said vpw had actually connected "spirit of leviathan" with being an alcoholic/drunkard.   

I remember him saying it.  It was at the AC.

Page 20

(13) Spirit of Leviathan  Isaiah 27:1 ; Matthew 12:43

hand notes: alcoholic / always drinking, even water.

12 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Thanks, Waysider.

I looked it up in the 1971 AC transcript and I read the chapter of Hosea. It's about apostasy and unfaithfulness to God. Got it. But a devil spirit? The word "spirit" is NOT in the text of Hosea 4:12 -- it's NOT in the original. Victor's deficient grasp of the Hebrew language is no excuse for his conjuring a devil spirit. BUT, BUT, BUT, I guess he can add whatever he wants to make it fit his imagination.

Hey, I didn't write the book. Victor said it, I believe it, I guess I'm going over the cliff...

While scanning the '71 AC transcript (occasionally stopping to vomit) I came across the spirit of leviathan. Almost choked! Laughing while vomiting is dangerous.

"This is a real devilish spirit. 'Water-head babies,' people who get in the insatiable desire for water and can't get enough. They drink until their tummy moves out like a Buddha."

Wow! Invaluable! I feel completely complete now. Fully equipped. My rifle is polished and loaded, ready for the fight. Just tremendous knowledge!

You know the whole zoology of devil spirits has a kind of appeal.  I mean it’s similar to a Dungeons and Dragons non player character encyclopedia.

This from my remembrance is one of the main appeal trying to be sold of the advanced class.  Be fully instructed.  All 9 all the time.

Then after this you have people imagining revelation and acting like &sses and detecting devil spirits all over.  

This actually leads to some really twisted scenarios like some of the splinter groups where the leaders and wives were having dueling devil spirit detection revelation.

You are a snake.  No you are a person with holes.  No you are lazy like a dog I saw.

Many Way leaders behave like this.

They are insane.

18 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

A little help, please..

Oh Jeezus.  Is there any more clear of a way to rationalize your sin and establish it as a doctrine than “spiritual adultery” versus the act of actual adultery?

• Upvote 1

On 9/7/2022 at 2:05 PM, skyrider said:

Like Scientology, many groups have their own brand of "spiritual achievement."  For reasons known by psychologists, people seem more motivated when there is a "level to climb" in front of them.  Not only does it give the person personal satisfaction, but it broadcasts to others in the group that this person has reached another level.  Like crabs in a bucket.... each one trying to climb over each other to get to the top.  Wierwille stumbled along for decades until he grasped onto the three main "levels" that would define his ministry......1) staff, 2) advanced class grad, and 3) corps.  

The College Division group was short-lived......as was Fellow Laborers.  IMO, wierwille did not promote fellow laborers, because it was state-run and did not involve headquarters.  Thus, wierwille had no use for it.

Here at GSC, we've discussed and dissected wierwille's attributes, characteristics, carnality and modus operandi thousands of times.  But the reasons why wierwille built a pyramid-system (and all its trappings) and levels to scale this manufactured spirituality known at The Way International

:offtopic:

Maybe off-topic…

…or possibly a seventh inning stretch…how about a thematic stretch?

spiritual   goals is a misnomer (or as wierwille would say in PFAL the wrong misnomer  :biglaugh:   ), TWI-leadership have a tendency to slap the adjective  spiritual on any objective so as to inspire religious fervor in its pursuit.  Any goals that were more of a theoretical nature (such as grow in love or any other intangible) TWI-leadership would claim they are attainable by the means they suggested ( “speak in tongues more to get big and fat spiritually” or a way corps principle like acquire an in-depth spiritual perception and awareness ).

Even though there was no way to measure such growth -  TWI-leadership usually had no problem in pronouncing judgements on my lack of believing, poor spiritual perception, questioning authority…whatever. And all that was just a bunch of control tactics to corral my behavior within the protocols of their clandestine indoctrination initiative. Now combine pseudo-spiritual goals and the law of believing. Ah yes, roping unicorns with an invisible lasso.

One of the reasons I went into the way corps program was I wanted to grow in my knowledge of the Bible and stuff like hermeneutics and systematic theology. Talk about a waste of time and my money / sponsorship money. And I didn’t even notice the thinly veiled hierarchy levels of achievement in TWI’s power structure…and I never really gave it much thought as to what a lifetime of Christian service meant to the cult-leaders. It’s more like    indentured servitude . Chalk another one up for the school of hard knocks – I was young, naïve, and idealistic – and leave the rest up to malignant narcissistic cult-leaders to pigeonhole followers according to what their rinky-dink exploitative organization needs.

One of the most annoyingly disappointing things about   pseudo-spiritual goals / law of believing   pairing is the utter frustration it brings. An unattainable goal has been set with an action plan of wishful thinking.

One of the many bad things about a pseudo-spiritual goal imposed by TWI-leadership is that followers have no authority to negotiate or modify the goal or the action plan. There is no flexibility! According to Albert Einstein, the definition of insanity is "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." For 12 insane years in TWI, I endured umpteen-gazillion teachings on believing, sat through and/or slept through   zzzzZZZZ :sleep1: ZZZZzzzzz hundreds of various segments of PFAL (video, audio and live) and can honestly say I NEVER REALIZED ANY of the promises/claims/benefits/spiritual goals listed on the back of the green PFAL sign-up card.

I was rereading a self-improvement book     Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and into Your Life by Gary John Bishop   and it got me thinking about this thread from another angle…the frustration and annoyance of marrying pseudo-spiritual goals to the efforts of wishful thinking. And maybe “marrying” is too wishy washy a word – how about cemented? There is no wiggle room…odd isn’t it? TWI-leadership dictated these pseudo-spiritual goals to us with the presupposition that the goals are achieved through pseudo-spiritual principles…I’ll take a double Kool-Aid and make it dirty…just kidding  – I’ve been on the wagon for some 36 years now ever since I left cult-ville…now I set my own realistic goals…life ain’t static so I find myself revising my expectations and try to be more flexible…read a cool quote online: when you stumble make it look like part of the dance…which brings me to page 183 of Bishop’s book:

EXPECTING NOTHING, ACCEPTING EVERYTHING

None of this means you can’t plan, or that I’m telling you to walk through life aimlessly without direction or goals.

But when you make a plan, what do you have to gain from being welded to the expectations inherent in it? Nothing. When you are free from its expectations you are “in a dance” with life where you can simply execute the plan, and deal with what happens.

If it succeeds, you can celebrate. If it fails, you can recalibrate.

Don’t expect victory of defeat. Plan for victory, learn from defeat. The expectation of people loving you or respecting you is a pointless exercise, too. Be free to love them the way they are and be loved the way that they love you. Free yourself from the burden and melodrama of expectation; let the chips fall where they may.

Love the life you have, not the one you expected to have.

End of excerpts

~ ~ ~ ~

Edited by T-Bone
Un-typos Yourself

12 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Yes. They still teach that. The connection being alcoholics have an insatiable thirst when it comes to alcohol...which is true for an alcoholoic that still drinks. The concept of drinking up the nile and roaming waterless places are all part of the TWI logic leap.

16 hours ago, WordWolf said:

13 hours ago, waysider said:

I remember him saying it.  It was at the AC.

Page 20

(13) Spirit of Leviathan  Isaiah 27:1 ; Matthew 12:43

hand notes: alcoholic / always drinking, even water.

Yep.

1979 AC: page 20 of the syllabus; page 100-something in the transcript. (See attached.)

According to vic's cookie jar fueled logic, Leviathan is both the sea monster AND the waterless place left behind after all the sea monster's drinking.

HOWEVER, according to his 1971 AC, Leviathan is only a "water-head baby" with a swollen belly from all the water drinking. It's just that one sentence I quoted up thread.

Just tremendous kernels of truth! Bless your little hearts.

DEB696FE-EC73-4786-B8FE-C6D389F74C45.jpeg

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Water-head baby is my new favorite thing.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, chockfull said:

Oh Jeezus.  Is there any more clear of a way to rationalize your sin and establish it as a doctrine than “spiritual adultery” versus the act of actual adultery?

IIRC, a couple of clergy/researchers/corpse grads were exiled (fired and/or M&A'd) for publishing a research paper on adultery.

Water Head-Baby...Not to be confused with Red Headed Stepchild.

In the 60s, "head" was a term used to describe someone who was part of the drug subculture. There were little shops called head shops that sold rolling papers, incense, posters, albums and so forth. They were usually in the more bohemian neighborhoods. It was also used to describe someone who was obsessed with something. Someone who was obsessed with working on cars was called a motor head, for example. Wierwille was probably trying to use vernacular that would resonate with his intended audience.

I know what head shops are. We had one where I grew up. For a young teenager it was a mysterious and taboo and exciting place to shop for all the things you mentioned. And, yeah, I've picked up what victor was always putting down with his literal according to usage hipster vernacular, like "trip." EVERYTHING was a "trip" for vic as he desperately tried to relate to any hippy chick he could hope to manipulate.

HOWEVER, I'm not yet convinced waterhead baby was his way of fronting a hipster slang. Like THOUSANDS of claims and assertions he made, he simply didn't know what he was talking about, so he invented it on the fly.

"Waterhead baby" is a kind of slang for Fetal Hydrocephalus:

"Hydrocephalus, or “water on the brain,” is a condition associated with a buildup of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) in or around the brain. If left untreated, this can lead to brain tissue stretching, significantly affecting your child’s growth and development."

None of the scriptures he references point to drinking anything. He totally misses the mark here, as he does everywhere. I've gone down a rabbit hole researching Leviathan and all of its mythological and etymological origins. Have yet to come across the Ancient Egyptian story about the monster drinking the Nile dry.

Hey, I didn't write the book. If you don't know the truth, just make it up. You don't need to be a bull to be a bull$hitter.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
The bull$hit, the bull$hit, and nothing but the bull$hit!

4 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Yep.

1979 AC: page 20 of the syllabus; page 100-something in the transcript. (See attached.)

According to vic's cookie jar fueled logic, Leviathan is both the sea monster AND the waterless place left behind after all the sea monster's drinking.

HOWEVER, according to his 1971 AC, Leviathan is only a "water-head baby" with a swollen belly from all the water drinking. It's just that one sentence I quoted up thread.

Just tremendous kernels of truth! Bless your little hearts.

DEB696FE-EC73-4786-B8FE-C6D389F74C45.jpeg

Hi..my name is Oldskool and I'm an alcoholic and Im stone cold sober. Wierwille's line of reasoning resontates to this old alcoholic because us alcoholics love to rationalize our addiction, like all addicts. Wierwille is full of bullshido. In this quote he rationalizes his own alcoholism by rationalizing a difference between a drunk and an alcoholic. Alcoholics do not drink just one way. Meaning all of us do not just drink ourselves out every night. Many of us are binge drinkers, and many more are binge drinking, functioning alcoholics. And I think that's exactly what wierwille was -- a binge drinking, functioning alcoholic. He at least copped to being a drunk though...he just hadn't hit rock bottom yet.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

He at least copped to being a drunk though...he just hadn't hit rock bottom yet.

I know something about addiction and sobriety, too, OldSkool. I think your right about this. He rationalized so, so much.

He probably had too many enablers to hit rock bottom. (Enablers for narcissists are called flying monkeys.) But rock bottom is different for everyone. If we are to believe the quotes attributed to him in POP, it looks like he was very close to rock bottom. 

What does the blue book say about the fate for those those unwilling or unable to get honest? Prison, insane asylum, or death. Victor got death.

13 hours ago, Rocky said:

IIRC, a couple of clergy/researchers/corpse grads were exiled (fired and/or M&A'd) for publishing a research paper on adultery.

Yes.  John Schoenheit was a research team member.  He wrote an innocent word study on the use of the word adultery in the OT.

This was used to confront the BOD.

Schoenheit was fired by VP directive for circulating- all this is on R podcast and threads on this site.