GreaseSpot Cafe

When Religion Becomes Traumatic

So_crates

11 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Sounds like escape attempt.

Come to think of it I do know elderly who do this . . . they escape . . . it's hard, it happens.  

Was her family completely extinct?

Her family are the ones who took care of her when the way wouldn't.

Safety was finding her walking the grounds at 2 o'clock in the morning on the regular them I found her that last time. Her mind was slipping. She was a very sweet person though.

Edited by OldSkool

32 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

A phenomenon on the internet is echo chambers.  

Yes !!!

And echo chamber lovers hate any kind of challenge or disruption of that echo.  I call it intellectual inbreeding.

A PFAL grad's balance can be seen in how many people from "both" sides they can fellowship and learn from.

I marvel at the wonders of learning I get from hanging out with both sides of intense political elections and issues.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Yes !!!

And echo chamber lovers hate any kind of challenge or disruption of that echo.  I call it intellectual inbreeding.

A PFAL grad's balance can be seen in how many people from "both" sides they can fellowship and learn from.

I marvel at the wonders of learning I get from hanging out with both sides of intense political elections and issues.

:jump:

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yes !!!

Intellectual inbreeding I've heard is when a university hires the same people they trained.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Intellectual inbreeding I've heard is when a university hires the same people they trained.

It looks like that happened at TWI in the past, and I know it happened with lots of individuals.  I am wary of the University system, but I also benefit greatly from it. It is comforting to know that now there are a few HQ people w PhDs from elsewhere.

Edited by Mike

On 12/15/2022 at 12:50 AM, Rocky said:

HAHAHAHA! Nope, You are NOT a victim no matter how hard you try to play one. If God is Love, don't be a jerk.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30753738-the-choice

I reiterate, you are NOT a victim, no matter how hard you try to play one on GSC. And GSC doesn't victimize people. Edith Eva Eger WAS victimized but chose not to embrace the victim mentality. Doing so allowed her an emotionally fulfilling and rewarding life.

IF you (Mike) feel victimized here by social dynamics that you experience as a push for conformity... well, who's making you continue to post or read anything here?

Edited by Rocky

:offtopic:

9 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Yeah..wordwolfs telling the truth. She was wandering off all the time on grounds. I found her over by the EOB parking circle after she has fallen and she was hurt. I had to insist she stay on the ground cause she was hurt and wanted to get back up. She went out on a stretcher and to a nursing home. Rosalie wouldn't foot the bill and said it would be a legal issue cause they ain't healthcare providers  I call bs on Rosalie...but whatever. 

What?!!!!!!!!!!  Rosalie wanted to hoard TWI's $$ and said it would be a legal issue? To spend some to help a person in need?  And the founder's widow, at that?  How Christian is that?  Total rubbish!!!! 

It's not "healthcare," it's common decency and compassion (well, not so "common" in TWI, grr!).

Makes one wonder how much Rosalie has salted away to meet her own eventual healthcare needs.

13 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Makes one wonder how much Rosalie has salted away to meet her own eventual healthcare needs.

I hear she's quite wealthy...I could have details out of whack...but I understand her family owned quite a bit of land in NC that was used to sell trees to lumber companies...can't corroborate this but she does have her own A frame house with a pool and large generator...she has money though.

On 12/14/2022 at 11:50 PM, Rocky said:

HAHAHAHA! Nope, You are NOT a victim no matter how hard you try to play one. If God is Love, don't be a jerk.

I do not play a victim. 

My complaint is about people TRYING (unsuccessfully) to traumatically victimize me, much in line with what the video at the head of this thread talks about, with mocking/jeering/banning rhetoric. 

My complaint is all the culty activity by the mockers is preventing us all from really discussing things, and wasting their time because I learned long ago how to resist it.

I can take it, but this kind of activity damages those who engage in hateful mocking and misrepresentations.  It damages credibility. It makes me all the more secure in knowing many perspectives here are dead.

*/*/*/*/*

It was really the case that TWO threads about me, loaded with this devilish mocking etc, were BOTH posted on September 30, 2002.   I did not start posting until Dec 25, 2002.   

The posters here were primed and ready for months to not engage in conversation with me, but to mock and misrepresent and discredit ONLY.  That is all a lot of you have in mind; and you eschew civil, thoughtful conversation with all the zeal and stupidity that TWI did that at its low points.

Now the roles are reversing, and the culty activity here can be eclipsing the one sidedness that once was a big part of TWI.  As they get sharper and more focused on love these past 4 years, the opposite happens here, especially when and where I am posting.

The closed mindedness is massive.

*/*/*/*

I kinda snuck in here after those two threads about me ran their course.

To their credit neither alfakat nor Research Geek mentioned my name. I had talked to Reasearch Geek on the phone a few times after a few e-mails. I knew of him by his real name.  I had sent some e-mails to alfakat because he was in a group e-mail regarding football teams that another friend had sent me.

The reason I was able to sneak in was because no one knew my name from those two pre-Mike threads about me.

I had been reading only here since it's inception when I saw GSC announced on Waydale, where I also had never posting.  I saw the mocking threads about me and prepared to register and post someday. 

When I did start posting I received a good natured, non-biased reception. 

I got along with everyone, and it was cool. Then alfakat eventually recognized me by my rhetoric as I SLOWLY put my cards on the table. 

The SUDDEN change in attitudes toward me were stunningly quick. 

All of a sudden I was the enemy and had to be defeated.  Well all that failed.  I just got stronger in resisting the baloney thrown at me.  Here we are 20 years later.

The bias here blinds most to be able to hear me.  I know for sure many of the complaints here are accurate. But the solutions offered or implied SUCK!

I am on the verge of some breakthroughs now with TWI-4, and I suggest you all re-think your opposition to me.  I can bring your valid complaints to leadership FAR better than any of you folks can.

I know them collectively at TWI as brothers and sisters, and I love them.

I know you folks here after 20 years brothers and sisters, and I love you all too, and want to help you.  

I can better represent you folks at TWI-4 than your all are capable of doing yourselves, because I have been purging myself of all resentments toward TWI.  I appreciate their many good points.

I am moving ahead with solutions, and I want people here to contact me, either in the threads or in the Private Messaging system here, if they want to help.

If you WANT solutions to the TWI problems, please contact me and we can brainstorm solutions.

If you don't want solutions, please stop wasting your time trying to stop me.

You have failed to deter me for 20 solid years, so just accept your inabilities, and move on with what you are good at. 

Try love.

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

you don't want solutions, please stop wasting your time trying to stop me

Stop you...your the new poster child on why the way international and it's distortions should be avoided like the plague. Keep on keeping on.

33 minutes ago, Mike said:

I do not play a victim. 

My complaint is about people TRYING (unsuccessfully) to traumatically victimize me, much in line with what the video at the head of this thread talks about, with mocking/jeering/banning rhetoric. 

My complaint is all the culty activity by the mockers is preventing us all from really discussing things, and wasting their time because I learned long ago how to resist it.

I can take it, but this kind of activity damages those who engage in hateful mocking and misrepresentations.  It damages credibility. It makes me all the more secure in knowing many perspectives here are dead.

*/*/*/*/*

It was really the case that TWO threads about me, loaded with this devilish mocking etc, were BOTH posted on September 30, 2002.   I did not start posting until Dec 25, 2002.   

The posters here were primed and ready for months to not engage in conversation with me, but to mock and misrepresent and discredit ONLY.  That is all a lot of you have in mind; and you eschew civil, thoughtful conversation with all the zeal and stupidity that TWI did that at its low points.

Now the roles are reversing, and the culty activity here can be eclipsing the one sidedness that once was a big part of TWI.  As they get sharper and more focused on love these past 4 years, the opposite happens here, especially when and where I am posting.

The closed mindedness is massive.

*/*/*/*

I kinda snuck in here after those two threads about me ran their course.

To their credit neither alfakat nor Research Geek mentioned my name. I had talked to Reasearch Geek on the phone a few times after a few e-mails. I knew of him by his real name.  I had sent some e-mails to alfakat because he was in a group e-mail regarding football teams that another friend had sent me.

The reason I was able to sneak in was because no one knew my name from those two pre-Mike threads about me.

I had been reading only here since it's inception when I saw GSC announced on Waydale, where I also had never posting.  I saw the mocking threads about me and prepared to register and post someday. 

When I did start posting I received a good natured, non-biased reception. 

I got along with everyone, and it was cool. Then alfakat eventually recognized me by my rhetoric as I SLOWLY put my cards on the table. 

The SUDDEN change in attitudes toward me were stunningly quick. 

All of a sudden I was the enemy and had to be defeated.  Well all that failed.  I just got stronger in resisting the baloney thrown at me.  Here we are 20 years later.

The bias here blinds most to be able to hear me.  I know for sure many of the complaints here are accurate. But the solutions offered or implied SUCK!

I am on the verge of some breakthroughs now with TWI-4, and I suggest you all re-think your opposition to me.  I can bring your valid complaints to leadership FAR better than any of you folks can.

I know them collectively at TWI as brothers and sisters, and I love them.

I know you folks here after 20 years brothers and sisters, and I love you all too, and want to help you.  

I can better represent you folks at TWI-4 than your all are capable of doing yourselves, because I have been purging myself of all resentments toward TWI.  I appreciate their many good points.

I am moving ahead with solutions, and I want people here to contact me, either in the threads or in the Private Messaging system here, if they want to help.

If you WANT solutions to the TWI problems, please contact me and we can brainstorm solutions.

If you don't want solutions, please stop wasting your time trying to stop me.

You have failed to deter me for 20 solid years, so just accept your inabilities, and move on with what you are good at. 

Try love.

Dude anyone with the search function can find over a decade of your diatribe here on this site.

The fact you’re not banned is showing love.  Even as you are spitting in the face of those showing it.

So quite obviously nobody is trying to deter you.  Nobody here wants your solution to TWI problems which seem to echo the postcard saying come on home with exactly zero evidence of any change ever.

I’m not seeking to be represented to TWI 4 my message to them is clear.  Melt down your golden calf images of VPW and come to Gods  Word.

And the pathetic tactics of calling this place a cult and making up “anti idol” as a fictional term tied to hate are pathetic.

Edited by chockfull

1 hour ago, Mike said:

IF you COULD "take it," you probably wouldn't need to complain about it.

Worry about (put your concern, time and energy into) what you CAN CONTROL rather than what others do to you, which you cannot control.

what-I-can-control-768x525.png

5 minutes ago, Rocky said:

IF you COULD "take it," you probably wouldn't need to complain about it.

Worry about (put your concern, time and energy into) what you CAN CONTROL rather than what others do to you, which you cannot control.

what-I-can-control-768x525.png

Hmm

Marcus Aurelius said there are boundaries.

The Law of Believing says there are none.

1 hour ago, chockfull said:

The fact you’re not banned is showing love.  Even as you are spitting in the face of those showing it.

I have said it before and now again:  I greatly appreciate the love for free speech over conformity speech that Pawtucket showed and applied to me over the past 20 years. I then, a few years later, noticed that Raf had the same commitment to love free speech.  I have even seen him make some astounding maneuvers and agree with me on a couple of things in recent threads.

I am capable of defending myself by strongly opposing those who follow my every post for spitting opportunities, and when the time is right I do it back in righteous anger.  I then also know how to stop my strong defense to give a chance for  communication.

*/*/*/*

So quite obviously nobody is trying to deter you.  

No, quite obviously that would depend on the definition of "deter" that is in play.

Many of the frequent posters here want to discredit me as a deterrence, or mis-represent me either by design or by not carefully reading my posts, and merely looking for "gotchahooks" in them. Two of them have recently re-kindled the cry to ban me, and 20 years ago many more were doing the same. Threads were started with that in mind.

*/*/*/*

Nobody here wants your solution to TWI problems which seem to echo the postcard saying come on home with exactly zero evidence of any change ever.

Nobody in the set of frequent posters do, I agree. But there are thousands more registered here to post, and probably many more who simply read.  People come here for news, because TWI-3 was so crazy and stingy with it.

As a sloppy or forgetful reader, you seem to miss the fact that on my postcard is printed ECNs and Schoenheit Paper. Get hip, man.

*/*/*/*

I’m not seeking to be represented to TWI 4 my message to them is clear. . Melt down your golden calf images of VPW and come to Gods  Word.

Well you'd never do well as a professional negotiator with that attitude.  There are MUCH more important changes that I care about, and statues are about the last on my list. I see attitude changes already happening at HQ, and that is more important. 

Why don't you think through better the things we ought to first ask for in a round of negotiations? What would you be willing do in return for an important concession on their part?  We ought to be discussing those kinds of things, and not stupid statues.

Another thing is I'd like to do is invite the WayGB to start posting!!

In a practical sense, how might we verify that poster here is really WayGB?  That's something to think about in the direction of solutions.

*/*/*/*/*

And the pathetic tactics of calling this place a cult and making up “anti idol” as a fictional term tied to hate are pathetic.

Well, mister chockfulocultyness, I must be hitting a sensitive nerve  when I call out how the many frequent posters at GSC is not immune to the human dynamics of cult manipulation.

The term anti-idol is a good one and very descriptive, unless you are caught up in anti-worship of same.

How did you dis-like my newest term, "gotchahooks" ?  I made it up just for you.

I once sat in the office of the man who coined the term “paradigm” in the early 60s at Princeton University, named Thomas Kuhn. I took a class that studied the book in which that term first appeared, and 7 of us took a field trip to meet him. I studied how new terms are coined: from practical necessity, as he described. The book he wrote was cited by Time Magazine as one of the top 50 books of the 20th Century that affected civilization the most. So, I know a little about what I am doing when I make up terms that are needed, and that is another thing you all are unable to slow me down on, so just give up when you are powerless.

At your insistence I will reckon you off the list of people here that want to help solve some things with me.

If you folks are right, and TWI-4 is another counterfeit, you will probably die before it does. You are old and they are young. And who will take your place to fight the bad guys?  Are you rising up a new generation of anti-idolators?  Will you teach them the same totally ineffective tactics you have used in vain for 20 some years?

And what if TWI-4 turns out to be a genuine ministry?  How will you handle it if they actually DO melt down that statue, and do other more important things first? Will you have a game plan then? Or will you bemoan the loss of most of your fun, that TWI people actually got a hold on reality while you didn't?

Edited by Mike

19 minutes ago, Mike said:

Well you'd never do well as a professional negotiator with that attitude.

As if you would.

There are MUCH more important changes that I care about, and statues are about the last on my list. I see attitude changes already happening at HQ, and that is more important. 

Really?! Is this like when you claimed things were changing in the ministry and when I pressed you for specifics you said they were talking about changing?

Why don't you think through better the things we ought to first ask for in a round of negotiations?

Now why would they want to negotiate?

What would you be willing do in return for an important concession on their part? 

Moot point as TWI has no desire nor reason to negotiate.

We ought to be discussing those kinds of things, and not stupid statues.

Yah, and maybe we should discuss how one day cars will run on unicorn flatulence, because TWI coming to the table won't happen either.

Another thing is I'd like to do is invite the WayGB to start posting!!l

I'm sure they be enthused. Yah, right.

In a practical sense, how might we verify that poster here is really WayGB?  That's something to think about in the direction of solutions

How about solutions from their end? What do they have to offer?

29 minutes ago, Mike said:

Remember what I said about the length of the post being directly proportional to the attempt to con someone? Why should I care about the person that coined the word paradigm? A section meant to distract and confuse.

33 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Hmm

Marcus Aurelius said there are boundaries.

The Law of Believing says there are none.

Actually, that is not accurate. The Law of Believing is limited to the promises of God, and that limitation was in PFAL'68 about 18 times. I document the segment numbers and timestams for John L**n in 1989.  He had TOTALLY forgotten them.  Had you?

ANOTHER limitation, that I dont fully understand yet is the man born blind. Neither he nor his parents missed the mark.

ANOTHER limitation is that there is a close close counterfeit to believing and that is simple agreement, or mental assent.  It is easy for us to miss the mark there ourselves.

2 hours ago, Mike said:
On 12/15/2022 at 2:50 AM, Rocky said:

I do not play a victim.

Yes you do. This whole post is on long poor me essay.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mike said:

Actually, that is not accurate. The Law of Believing is limited to the promises of God, and that limitation was in PFAL'68 about 18 times. I document the segment numbers and timestams for John L**n in 1989.  He had TOTALLY forgotten them.  Had you?

ANOTHER limitation, that I dont fully understand yet is the man born blind. Neither he nor his parents missed the mark.

ANOTHER limitation is that there is a close close counterfeit to believing and that is simple agreement, or mental assent.  It is easy for us to miss the mark there ourselves.

Well there's over 900 written promises.  How many can you rightly divide?

Which eventually unlocks manifesting and receiving voices from on high.

So whether we can control the weather is in the forecast.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it sure looks like you missed the entire point of the post/comment you had quoted.