GreaseSpot Cafe

When Religion Becomes Traumatic

So_crates

55 minutes ago, Mike said:

Actually, you are incorrect.  The purpose of GSC when I came here was "to  give the other side," or something like that.

When I first started posting, and for years, the software displayed little sayings next to our icons, and mine read something to the effect that I came her "to give the OTHER other side."

You too are acting like this is a religion, you know the pure other side, and my other side is to ex-communicate me over.  You are proving my point, and unaware of it because you fit into the mold of the "true believer" in a religion, and you want to purge the false believers.  Free speech has no place when it comes to purifying the religion.

So might we call your religion here The True Other Side ?

HAHAHAHA! Nope, You are NOT a victim no matter how hard you try to play one. If God is Love, don't be a jerk.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

So, the GreaseSpot religion is a pure religion, because you said so.

The GSC is not a "religion" by any sane definition of a religion, nor any definition I can find outside of your own made-up one, whatever it is.      

The GSC is not a "pure" anything, and there's no "official" party line.  Lots of people disagree here and post all the time. That's been true for its entire history.   When people post outright lies, however, they are often called out on it, even by people who agree on little else.

That you have the nerve to claim otherwise after all the time you've spent here either means your "spiritual understanding" is that deficient it can't tell the difference- and you then turn around and berate others for not agreeing with you and falling in line with your discoveries of "secret meanings",

or

you know full well that your posting outright lies, and are perfectly comfortable doing so-   then turn around and berate others for not agreeing with you and falling in line with your discoveries of "secret meanings."

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Actually, you are incorrect.  The purpose of GSC when I came here was "to  give the other side," or something like that.[/quote]

twi always silenced ANY dissent. The chance to say ANYTHING that twi didn't fully endorse was revolutionary.  The GSC gave the other side.  It was such an amazing thing that even twi'ers came to the GSC to learn about what was CURRENT in twi, because twi was silencing even discussion of what they were doing THAT AGREED WITH THEM.  That's why twi insisted that the GSC post their rebuttal when they turned Mrs W out on the street when she needed continuous care.  They tried to hush it up, it was posted here, and suddenly everyone in twi knew about it.  They preferred admitting their people's main source of news of twi was us than trying to do damage control without something posted here.

They even forced that guy to shut down. He ran a messageboard that was rabidly pro-twi, and closed accounts of anyone who wanted to discuss twi other than abject adoration, no matter how mature and polite they were.   And twi closed him down because they preferred a blackout where they controlled everything and silenced all discussion.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

When I first started posting, and for years, the software displayed little sayings next to our icons, and mine read something to the effect that I came her "to give the OTHER other side."[/quote]

That was when we were allowed to edit our own titles. You giving yourself that title didn't make any of it so. If you'd labelled yourself "pea soup" or "apple butter", that wouldn't have changed the contents of the jar of pickles, either.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

You too are acting like this is a religion, you know the pure other side, and my other side is to ex-communicate me over.  You are proving my point, and unaware of it because you fit into the mold of the "true believer" in a religion, and you want to purge the false believers.  Free speech has no place when it comes to purifying the religion.

So might we call your religion here The True Other Side ?

I can't tell if you've really descended to this level of stupidity in truth, or if you're just being rude and know better.

1) The GSC is not a religion, nor does it even have a consensus.  The GSC has devout Christians and dedicated atheists, and no catechism of any kind. (There's a number of other religions represented here, also.) 

2) Nobody here's "acting like this is a religion." 

3)  There's no "pure other side", although there are lies and truth.

4) Your points are not only unproven, but they're wild accusations that are even less connected to reality than your usual posts.  Perhaps you're on an insufficient dose of medication, or suffering from food poisoning right now. 

5) Nobody guaranteed "free speech" on any messageboard. There is no constitutional right to the GSC.  The GSC is privately-owned.  If the staff says you're no longer welcome- which generally comes only after some EXCEPTIONAL rudeness and refusal to discuss like an adult-  then that's that.   Arriving at a white supremacist group and condemning Hitler and trying to recommend inter-racial marriage will get you shown the door REALLY fast.   Showing up at the GSC and trying to get people to exalt vpw as  God's Mouthpiece actually doesn't get you shown the door.  Being exceptionally rude about it will get warnings and eventually a ban.   But there's been any number of posters who were not banned for it- including yourself. 

If GSC is a religion, in Mike's eyes, it would be interesting to know what this "religion's" main beliefs are, apart from that TWI is a moneymaking scheme, VPW was a fraud, and PFAL was an amalgamation of plagiarised material.

It's clear that Mike cannot recognise the different voices of the main posters here. 

I can read most regular posters' posts (and also posts of those who don't post regularly), and without seeing the name at the top, know that it was by (say) Nathan, or T-Bone, or WW, or Rocky, to name but a few.  Because we all have different points of view, different backgrounds, different TWI experiences at different levels and periods of involvement, and so have different voices.  Yet we have come to the same conclusion, via different routes, of the usefulness or otherwise of PFAL, VPW, and TWI. 

But Mike is happy to lump everyone together as though we were the clones that TWI endeavoured to make its followers into.

8 hours ago, Mike said:

T-Bone are you listening? 
The GreaseSpot religion is not immune to abusive shaming to enforce conformity.

I guess that depends on how you view Greasespot.  If you are a self proclaimed independent consultant for TWI (whether they want you in that capacity or not) and your purpose here is to whitewash VPWs history by obscuring any potentially negative comments, then you might run into opposing viewpoints.

If your manner of handling opposing viewpoints is balanced, treats others well and with respect, then most of the time you will receive responses in kind.  But not always because people on this site have a fair amount of trauma inflicted by their involvement in TWI so you may trigger them.

However if your purpose is to convert or shut down this site then expecting a fair amount of resistance is simply common sense.

In turn I will ask you what do you hope to gain interacting here?

5 hours ago, Mike said:So might we call your religion here The True Other Side ?

You can call it whatever you want.  There are no BOD here to excommunicate you.  Yes people will eventually vote to ban you if you are obnoxious enough and insert yourself into every possible thread trying to convert people.

But I will say this.  The fact that you have been posting here and still do for what over a decade?  This indicates a lot more tolerance than the Way does for opposing viewpoints.  We hear many cases where people are kicked out because RR had a paranoid suspicion they were not 100% on board with drinking the Kool Aid.  Not even saying anything like they need to change publicly.  And 100% of all the debt research dissenters have been moved out.  And the research department has been non functional forever and non staffed for the past 2 decades.

So gas it up there big boy.  Light up your own lights with your own gas.

If GS were a religion who is the cult leader that makes a salary off of it and doesn’t have to have an outside job?

What class can you sign up for?

Who does the SNS teachings?  Weekly output is key to retaining flowing income?

Where is the teaching that you must obligatory tithe to the website that teaches you the Word lol?

No we operate on a different DIY principle.  You study the Word with your friends in the body of Christ, then the Twig handles finding forming and governing itself in its own local communities with no $$$$ supporting nincompoops.

3 hours ago, Twinky said:

If GSC is a religion, in Mike's eyes, it would be interesting to know what this "religion's" main beliefs are....

What I mean by calling this a religion is the same human dynamics that make religions inefficient ways to get to truth and make love happen don't work. 

Maybe I should use the word "cult" instead of religion.  It is the methods and ways doctrine is enforced, like that video above got into, that goes on here in spades, or at least wherever I end up posting.

I know that not all are of the same mind and methods here. I am giving a average accounting of the HEAVY POSTERS here, and not the less active posters. 

You, Twinky, have not resorted to the hate over love as much as others.  I can actually have a civil conversation with you.  I can't with the more "religious" heavy posters here.  They employ religious shunning, shaming, jeering, insulting...   all the "melt your face" techniques that the most rotten Corps leaders used long ago.  They are keeping that Corps taint preserved here, while is it nearly gone at TWI, especially on the field.  I am still getting to know people at HQ, but that is going slower.

You stand by and watch people do their utmost to tear me down, just like the video above talks about.  Can't you see you are doing the same thing  ((( with your silence on the massive violations against love, civil decorum, and meaningful discussion with me by many others )))  the same way TWI people watched in silence as leaders everywhere practiced the 14 Appendixes to the Schoenheit paper years ago.

Why don't you see that this is turning into a hate cult for some of the active posters, especially when I post? 

If you do see it, and do nothing to call it out, then you are to blame also.

Did you see Nathan_Jr's posts near the top of this thread to me that justified use of traumatic shaming and jeering?

Please do read it and see if you would accept it if an expert Corps face melter uttered the exact same words Nathan uttered. Did you read those posts?

8 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

In the conventional sense: to compel compliance.

No one mis-represents here. HOWEVER, If one does, one is swiftly corrected by others or oneself.

Sometimes mocking and jeering are are done for their own sake. Sometimes the mocking and jeering are invited, and that invitation is then obliged. 

Nope. That's not why I mock and jeer. If you go back and read one of my very first posts, I expressed how important your voice is here, especially as an interlocutor, a foil. I accept your position as contrary to the truth exposed here. I accept that you are in denial of the truth with a closed mind. I accept that you are not a free thinker. This sort of willful ignorance begs to be mocked and jeered.

Nope. No one here uses cult tactics, such as those developed and championed by vpw. This is not an evangelizing nor proselytizing endeavor. There is no outreach. It's an open forum for survivors of the cult of TWI. It reveals the truth of the abuse and error of victor paul wierwille and the freak of nature religious corporate cult he built.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

What I mean by calling this a religion is the same human dynamics that make religions inefficient ways to get to truth and make love happen don't work. 

Maybe I should use the word "cult" instead of religion.  It is the methods and ways doctrine is enforced, like that video above got into, that goes on here in spades, or at least wherever I end up posting.

I know that not all are of the same mind and methods here. I am giving a average accounting of the HEAVY POSTERS here, and not the less active posters. 

You, Twinky, have not resorted to the hate over love as much as others.  I can actually have a civil conversation with you.  I can't with the more "religious" heavy posters here.  They employ religious shunning, shaming, jeering, insulting...   all the "melt your face" techniques that the most rotten Corps leaders used long ago.  They are keeping that Corps taint preserved here, while is it nearly gone at TWI, especially on the field.  I am still getting to know people at HQ, but that is going slower.

You stand by and watch people do their utmost to tear me down, just like the video above talks about.  Can't you see you are doing the same thing  ((( with your silence on the massive violations against love, civil decorum, and meaningful discussion with me by many others )))  the same way TWI people watched in silence as leaders everywhere practiced the 14 Appendixes to the Schoenheit paper years ago.

Why don't you see that this is turning into a hate cult for some of the active posters, especially when I post? 

Did you see Nathan_Jr's posts near the top of this thread to me that justified use of traumatic shaming and jeering?

Please do read it and see if you would accept it if an expert Corps face melter uttered the exact same words Nathan uttered. Did you read those posts?

And you're not guilty of face melting tactics?

On 12/11/2022 at 11:42 PM, Mike said:

THAT response from you is why I don't like your childish idiocy.

I gave you the abbreviated version because I know you can read omnipotence and omniscience in where I described God's actions, if you want to. I can see you only want to give me a difficult time. But hey, I get some good boilerplate for others from my response to you.

You must fill in the gaps of my abbreviated response  It might be good for you.

Oops.

Then there's the problem of you perceiving any dissent as throwing eggs at you. That's not an attempt to silence our free speech?

Perhaps you should take your own advice before you offer it to others. Physician heal thyself.

Edited by So_crates

2 hours ago, Mike said:

You [Twinky] stand by and watch people do their utmost to tear me down, just like the video above talks about.  Can't you see you are doing the same thing  ((( with your silence on the massive violations against love, civil decorum, and meaningful discussion with me by many others )))  the same way TWI people watched in silence as leaders everywhere practiced the 14 Appendixes to the Schoenheit paper years ago.

Uncalled for, Mike.  And untrue. 

Stop it.  I have treated you politely and would prefer you to treat me politely too.

Edited by Twinky
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mike said:

You have full paragraphs playing the victim card but still fail to answer my simple question of what is your goal in interacting here?

• Upvote 1

16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mike said:

Right. To expound on what I freely admit: Sustained, persistent, willful ignorance, intellectual dishonesty, force fitting, and denial invite mocking and jeering. Indeed, EARN mocking and jeering.

I always give you a chance to have an honest, direct, fair exchange. Always. I ask sincere questions, and you reject the opportunities to provide honest, direct answers.

When you prove unable or unwilling to meet in that space, and lower yourself to devilish absurdity, ultimately, mocking and jeering are all I have left for you.

I’m not a religious cult leader like victor paul wierwille, and GSC is not a religious cult like TWI, no matter how (H-O-W) you try to fit that glove on that hand.

13 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Get in line, take a number…

Yeah maybe.  But after asking that question he did come out with the vision that he is the one called to write the true TWI history.

Then listed his long credentials.  He goes to a  Way fellowship.  He hasn’t been kicked off here in 10 yrs because our egos aren’t that frail.  Oh and he’s taken the new PLAFT that we haven’t.

That sums it up.  

20 hours ago, cman said:

What's wrong with hate? Plenty of places in scripture about God hating. If you don't understand hate, not likely to understand love either.

Yeah I think the Waybrain has trouble with any duality logic.  I totally agree with you.

”Cman ur not using the PLAFT keys to the Bible’s interpretation”

lol focus on the wrong thing for waybrains.

Since leaving TWI I can now read Charles Dickens without inner conflict lolz.

https://dickens.ucsc.edu/programs/dickens-to-go/best-of-times.html

Edited by chockfull

On 12/14/2022 at 10:59 PM, Mike said:

T-Bone are you listening? 
The GreaseSpot religion is not immune to abusive shaming to enforce conformity.

A phenomenon on the internet is echo chambers.   

GSC is not a religion.  Nor is TWI.

The internet does alter people's reality, whether intentional or not.

On 12/15/2022 at 5:04 AM, WordWolf said:

. . .  That's why twi insisted that the GSC post their rebuttal when they turned Mrs W out on the street when she needed continuous care.  They tried to hush it up, it was posted here, and suddenly everyone in twi knew about it.  . . .

Time out.

What?

Last time I saw her she tried to give me and someone else figs from that tree in the pot by the Weirwille Home.  Gave me an attitude for looking skeptical.  Always had someone with her.  

5 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Time out.

What?

Last time I saw her she tried to give me and someone else figs from that tree in the pot by the Weirwille Home.  Gave me an attitude for looking skeptical.  Always had someone with her.  

Yeah..wordwolfs telling the truth. She was wandering off all the time on grounds. I found her over by the EOB parking circle after she has fallen and she was hurt. I had to insist she stay on the ground cause she was hurt and wanted to get back up. She went out on a stretcher and to a nursing home. Rosalie wouldn't foot the bill and said it would be a legal issue cause they ain't healthcare providers  I call bs on Rosalie...but whatever. 

Edited by OldSkool

1 minute ago, OldSkool said:

Yeah..wordwolfs telling the truth. She was wandering off all the time on grounds. I found her over by the EOB parking circle after she has fallen and she was hurt. I had to insist she stay in the ground cause she was hurt and wanted to get back up. She went out on a stretcher and to a nursing home. Rosalie wouldn't foot the bill and said it would be a legal issue cause they ain't healthcare providers  I call bs on Rosalie...but whatever. 

Sounds like escape attempt.

Come to think of it I do know elderly who do this . . . they escape . . . it's hard, it happens.  

Was her family completely extinct?