GreaseSpot Cafe

God’s Budget and Double Doors .... On the Scarcity of Miracles

Mike

56 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Im not about to go floating through afew pages of this goofy @$$ discourse looking for a couple verses. Please quote them at me and I will check them out in light of what you are saying.

Here is the link. It is on page 8, and  3/4 down:
https://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/topic/25457-god’s-budget-and-double-doors-on-the-scarcity-of-miracles/page/8/

I can go get a few of the verses for you later.

Edited by Mike

3 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Are you saying for God to heal he has to let the devil attack?

That was my question in relation to the verses you posted....is this what your saying on the double door thing? Im legitly confused.

1 minute ago, waysider said:

So, God can repair blown head gaskets.

Is this fair to the believer who owns a repair shop?

Did you fail to read the story carefully?

I totally failed to heal it.  I was wrong. 
PLEASE read carefully what you criticize.

Egads!  You guys, I didn't write it THAT bad!

Proverbs 23:7
For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:

I can honestly say that for many years this is all I read when I went to Proverbs 23:7. Not only that, I have quoted this verse inaccurately for many years in teachings, and other settings. There is a self help book written by James Allen with the title – “As a Man Thinketh.” This verse has been misquoted to change the focus from someone else to oneself. I used to literally believe that it meant that “as I think in my heart so am I.” Now – there are certainly valid points in this wrong scripture quote and I am not
here to argue that. If you really believe you are a thief and act accordingly you are a thief. However, when we misquote scripture we are no longer accurately quoting scripture, but our version of scripture – not God’s. But is the verse talking about as I think in my heart so am I? If not, then what? Well let’s read the entire verse.

For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee. This scripture is actually talking about someone else thoughts and heart, not mine.

Let’s read it from the Amplified Bible.

Proverbs 23:7 – Amplified Bible
For as he thinks in his heart, so is he [in behavior—one who manipulates]. He says to you, “Eat and drink,” Yet his heart is not with you [but it is begrudging the cost].

Proverbs 23:7 is referring to an individual who is pretending to be a generous host with you as the invited guest. The hospitality is fake and the host is really begrudging the cost to feed you even though he tells you to “eat and drink” at his table. You're being hosted by a greedy skin flint that wants to manipulate you. I will state most emphatically that this verse is NOT saying that your thoughts move anything outside of your physical body as has been erroneously taught. Proverbs 23:7 is used to prove that the thoughts we incubate in our hearts become reality. The Law of Believing ties this false concept into our confession. We will handle the main departure point for the things we say becoming reality in just a minute, but first let’s take a look at faith and set the record straight on Biblical definitions.

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

Right.  I agree with you.

That is what I posted.  I was in error.

I should NOT have been exhausted.

Please re-read.

What I’m finding mentally exhausting right now is remembering a friend who got into an automobile accident on the way to a meeting.  After they went through the accident trauma they were re traumatized by the meeting leader interrogating them about where they “missed revelation” to avoid the car accident. Because obviously because the leader set the date and time of the meeting it was Gods will for my friend to be there according to the leader.

There really we’re no TVTs that were in a different category than PFAL or scripture.

VP used to say “if I tell you to get a glass of water that is the Word of God”.  And “the ministry is the Word and the Word is the ministry”.

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

So, right here we see the absolute, vital importance of faith. It’s simply impossible to please God without it. So what is faith? Adherents to The Law of Believing say that faith is from the Greek word Pistis, and is a verb, and should be translated believing action. The problem with this blanket, oversimplified definition is pistis is not a verb but a noun.Pisteuo is the verb form of pistis and both forms are used in Hebrews 11:6. The first occurrence of faith is a noun while the second occurrence is a verb.

Faith (Noun - Pistis) - Faith, belief, trust, confidence; fidelity, faithfulness.
Faith (Verb - Pisteuo) - From pistis; to have faith, i.e. Credit; by implication, to entrust

Here is the significance between the two in Hebrews 11:6:

Pistis is a noun, not a verb, it is not something that we do. So in Hebrews 11:6 we see that “without
faith it is impossible to please God”. This first occurrence is a noun and places the emphasis on the things believed, not actions we take on the things believed. Pisteuo is a verb translated “believe”. The meaning is to trust in and rely on.

Pisteuo emphasizes the act of believing not the things that are believed. It refers to the actions we take based on the things we believe. So to please God according to Hebrews 11:6 we need to believe what God says, take action on what God says, and believe that God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him. God, in the book
of James says it this way:

James 2:17
Even so faith (pistis-noun), if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

So it’s not enough to believe that the things God says are true we have to have works as well. Likewise, it’s not enough to take action on the things God says and not trust they are true. We trust God at his word by learning to trust/believe what he says and we take action on these beliefs trusting that as we do he will be right there to fulfill the words he has given us.

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

I spent years reading this verse as if it meant if I concentrate enough to the point of believing that I could have whatever I desired! Just speak it over your situation and it will happen! In other words: all of the emphasis is on the one "believing" to operate God's power, as we have covered earlier. But that's not what it says and that's not the context. The emphasis isn't how much I concentrate or even how focused I am. I have a simple question: Is God operated? Is his power a separate container somewhere that is accessed and leveraged? Are we reaching up into an imaginary cookie jar? No! The focal point of Christianity, and the heart of our Father is a loving faith based relationship with us, his children. So let’s back up in the text just one verse to grasp the context more clearly.

Mark 11:22
And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

This verse is situated in between Jesus cursing a fig tree and it dying from the roots up. There is much significance in Jesus cursing this fig tree that is beyond the scope of this discussion, however, he used this event as an illustration that begins with “Have faith in God.” Then he moves on to say doubt not the things you say because God will back you up when you have faith in God! If it sounds like I am contradicting myself, I am not. Let’s consider Jesus Christ for a moment. If ANYONE would have taught The Law of Believing it would have been Jesus Christ. Yet let’s see what Jesus said of himself as recorded in John.

John 5:30
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Our Lord Jesus Christ plainly said he couldn’t do anything by himself. The context of John 5:30 is Jesus healed a man who couldn’t walk and the Jewish religious leaders wanted to kill him for it because he healed on the Sabbath day. Jesus plainly stated that he couldn’t do anything by himself. If The Law of Believing were truly interwoven throughout scripture wouldn’t he have said so at times like these? It is only by having faith in God that Jesus was able to do the powerful works he performed during his
ministry to Israel.

7 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Dude...no matter how carefully I read it you did not fix your head gasket by the law of believing.

I agree. 

I hobbled into New Knoxville on 3 cylinders.

That is what I wrote.

READ IT AGAIN !

3 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:

I can honestly say that for many years this is all I read when I went to Proverbs 23:7. Not only that, I have quoted this verse inaccurately for many years in teachings, and other settings. There is a self help book written by James Allen with the title – “As a Man Thinketh.” This verse has been misquoted to change the focus from someone else to oneself. I used to literally believe that it meant that “as I think in my heart so am I.” Now – there are certainly valid points in this wrong scripture quote and I am not
here to argue that. If you really believe you are a thief and act accordingly you are a thief. However, when we misquote scripture we are no longer accurately quoting scripture, but our version of scripture – not God’s. But is the verse talking about as I think in my heart so am I? If not, then what? Well let’s read the entire verse.

For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee. This scripture is actually talking about someone else thoughts and heart, not mine.

Let’s read it from the Amplified Bible.

Proverbs 23:7 – Amplified Bible
For as he thinks in his heart, so is he [in behavior—one who manipulates]. He says to you, “Eat and drink,” Yet his heart is not with you [but it is begrudging the cost].

Proverbs 23:7 is referring to an individual who is pretending to be a generous host with you as the invited guest. The hospitality is fake and the host is really begrudging the cost to feed you even though he tells you to “eat and drink” at his table. You're being hosted by a greedy skin flint that wants to manipulate you. I will state most emphatically that this verse is NOT saying that your thoughts move anything outside of your physical body as has been erroneously taught. Proverbs 23:7 is used to prove that the thoughts we incubate in our hearts become reality. The Law of Believing ties this false concept into our confession. We will handle the main departure point for the things we say becoming reality in just a minute, but first let’s take a look at faith and set the record straight on Biblical definitions.

Yes 100 percent right on the money accurate.  Wrong interpretation of scripture canonized and passed down for 4 generations of lemmings all running off the same cliff.

Just now, Mike said:

I agree. 

I hobbled into New Knoxville on 3 cylinders.

That is what I wrote.

READ IT AGAIN !

Read the posts I just put in place covering commonly used verses to support the law of believing.

9 minutes ago, waysider said:

Probably so, it seems God only has to be fair to the devil when he cuts off miracles because miracles are overbudget.

7 hours ago, Mike said:

I am working on that. Actually, only one of them: the mis-addressed check story.

Meanwhile, have you had a chance to see what went wrong in MY story, the one where I was "on a mission from God" to go out WoW and my car started dying?

Here it is again, to eliminate searching:

I feel for you, because I've been there and done that myself; sometimes spectacularly.

When I was going out WoW in 1982 my car had an aluminum head that had cracked, but I got if fixed “semi-miraculously” and was off in running a cross country trip from San Diego to Ohio. 

But my new head cracked in the Colorado Rockies! 

I could tell, because I had to limp on a blown head for weeks prior to its fixing in San Diego, and I was now limping again.

But I was answering a call from God!

I had resisted acting on the WoW challenge for 11 years, but now finally I am giving God a year of my time and heart. I had put my business in the hands of 5 grads, with verbal promises they would give it all back to me on my return. 

No cracked aluminum head was not going to stop this Ambassador for Christ! No sirree!

I started picturing in my mind the aluminum poles that hold up the huge Rock of Ages tents, and how strong that metallic bond was.  I was a Physics major, and it was easy to imagine my cracked head “healing” up by God’s power. It would be so easy to work those atoms around, bring in a few needed neutrons or protons, or scoop up aluminum from the road dust….  I was into “the believing images of victory” that we all were galloping with in those days.

As I limped up each hill I’d make these mental images stronger to defy the wobbles in the my car engine’s strength.  As I coasted down the next hill I’d be thanking God for that head to he healed on climbing the next hill….   and the next…   and the next…

Arrrrggghhhh!!  It was mentally exhausting.

It was a miracle I made it to Ohio in time, though !!! 

My diagnosis was right; cracked head.  I had a sick feeling when I saw the aluminum poles and how strong they looked at the big tent.

It took another 6 years before I could figure out what went wrong. 

Can you see it?

Yes I see the error.  You were picturing in your mind how strong the metallic bars were that held up the Rock of Ages tents.

Having worked on tent crew the reality was a much different picture! Lol :biglaugh:

The gap between the picture in your mind and reality is the error.

8 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Yes 100 percent right on the money accurate.  Wrong interpretation of scripture canonized and passed down for 4 generations of lemmings all running off the same cliff.

Thanks! I literally read Proverbs 23:7 incorrectly for YEARS and then it was reinforced by the BS book As he Thinketh in his Heart by James Allen. The hookie pook is everywhere with this topic.

16 minutes ago, waysider said:

Only if the shop rate for Gods service hours are set way higher than 125/hour.

So the believer can make a living at a market rate lol.

This also is a double set of doors lol.

38 minutes ago, Mike said:

I had forgotten those 19 times we were told to link our believing to a promise in God’s Word.

Again, it doesn't matter if you link your believing to a promise of God's Word or not, Lynn was right: the entire concept is Christian witchcraft. I didnt really agree with Lynn on too much and his assessment of the LOB was one of the disagreements until I did my own extensive homework and boy oh boy: he was right in this case.

37 minutes ago, Mike said:

You did not have a written promise from the Bible that you were believing for the Saturday arrival of the check.  You did not have a direct revelation from God either.  And your need still got met; you survived to tell us about it. On those points our stories are similar.

I'm calling bull.

Remember: "The law of believing works for Saint and sinner alike."

So are all the sinners having written promises from God? Do they all have revelation from God?

So your definition of a need getting met is someone surviving to tell you how it failed?

3 minutes ago, So_crates said:

So your definition of a need getting met is someone surviving to tell you how it failed?

The law of believing must work at all costs or wierwille was a liar and we know mike would never wanna admit that PFLAP was half-baked stolen goods.

5 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Here are the verses from that list where Jesus appropriately teaches people when they were not believing right.

Actually there are a few in there that are in the Gospels, but not spoken by Jesus.

Plus, my link and page number were wrong, I will fix them now.

OldSkool, these are the places where Jesus told people when they were not having or doing faith/believing/pistis/pisteuo   (spelling?)

MATTHEW CHAPTER 8
9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this [man], Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth [it].
10 When Jesus heard [it], he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

MATTHEW CHAPTER 8
25 And his disciples came to [him], and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish.
26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

MATTHEW CHAPTER 17
16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.
17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.
18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.
19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

MARK CHAPTER 4
39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?

MARK CHAPTER 16
9  Now when [Jesus] was risen early the first [day] of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.
10 [And] she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept.
11 And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.
12  After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country.
13 And they went and told [it] unto the residue: neither believed they them.
14  Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

LUKE CHAPTER 1
18 And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years.
19 And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.
20 And, behold, thou shalt be dumb, and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed, because thou believest not my words, which shall be fulfilled in their season.
21 And the people waited for Zacharias, and marvelled that he tarried so long in the temple.
22 And when he came out, he could not speak unto them: and they perceived that he had seen a vision in the temple: for he beckoned unto them, and remained speechless.

LUKE CHAPTER 8
24 And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish. Then he arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm.
25 And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him.

JOHN CHAPTER 20
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed [are] they that have not seen, and [yet] have believed.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

OldSkool, these are the places where Jesus told people when they were not having or doing faith/believing/pistis/pisteuo 

I explained all this in the posts I placed before yours that handle specific verses. Faith is not believing as wierwille taught. Its a term that has been redefined to fit a specific form of doctrinal error, also known as name it and claim it. Faith is simple. It means to have trust in God who made the promises in the first place that HE will bring them to pass as we but trust that he will. You are allowing false doctrine to overcomplicate your life. Wanna see miracles again? Goto God with a humble and ready heart and LET him be your God. Trust God, not your own ability to concentrate on a scripture until it happens. It's sad really seeing you on the same track going in the same circles...that which is crooked cannot be made straight. Ditch the error.

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

So, right here we see the absolute, vital importance of faith. It’s simply impossible to please God without it. So what is faith? Adherents to The Law of Believing say that faith is from the Greek word Pistis, and is a verb, and should be translated believing action. The problem with this blanket, oversimplified definition is pistis is not a verb but a noun.Pisteuo is the verb form of pistis and both forms are used in Hebrews 11:6. The first occurrence of faith is a noun while the second occurrence is a verb.

Faith (Noun - Pistis) - Faith, belief, trust, confidence; fidelity, faithfulness.
Faith (Verb - Pisteuo) - From pistis; to have faith, i.e. Credit; by implication, to entrust

Here is the significance between the two in Hebrews 11:6:

Pistis is a noun, not a verb, it is not something that we do. So in Hebrews 11:6 we see that “without
faith it is impossible to please God”. This first occurrence is a noun and places the emphasis on the things believed, not actions we take on the things believed. Pisteuo is a verb translated “believe”. The meaning is to trust in and rely on.

Pisteuo emphasizes the act of believing not the things that are believed. It refers to the actions we take based on the things we believe. So to please God according to Hebrews 11:6 we need to believe what God says, take action on what God says, and believe that God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him. God, in the book
of James says it this way:

James 2:17
Even so faith (pistis-noun), if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

So it’s not enough to believe that the things God says are true we have to have works as well. Likewise, it’s not enough to take action on the things God says and not trust they are true. We trust God at his word by learning to trust/believe what he says and we take action on these beliefs trusting that as we do he will be right there to fulfill the words he has given us.

Edited by OldSkool