GreaseSpot Cafe

God’s Budget and Double Doors .... On the Scarcity of Miracles

Mike

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

But it would work better for them if they did

It really wouldnt matter, the law of believing would still fall flat because its trash.

I was a believer, way corps, all that jazz....so scripture shoulda worked overdrive with ME operating the law of believing!!! 

I had memorized scriptures on healing, had scriptures all over my walls in picture and homemade art, listened to CDs in my car on scriptures and healing, had scriptures on my computer, shared scriptures with my  wife and her with me, had clergy involved sharing scripture, the directors shared scripture, heck....at one point after he came home from the nicu I had scripture playing on CD 24 hours a day in his room.....I had clergy minister to him with laying on of hands and all that.

THE LAW OF BELIEVING FAILED NOT ME (I didnt fail -- I was genuinely asking everyone for help) AND QUOTING ALL THE SCRIPTURE IN THE WORLD DOES NOT MAKE FALSE DOCTRINE INTO RIGHT DOCTRINE>>>> LOB = False doctrine. 

20 minutes ago, Mike said:

Oh.  I think I missed some of what you meant.

Atheists can believe their immune system (and the Medical system) will work, and not have to use scriptural promises.  But it would work better for them if they did.  Remember, this part is a daily persistent thing, and it has ups and downs.  Sometimes it challenges us to get a normal healing. With scriptures that can be a less challenging healing.

liz-lemon-eye-roll.gif

A likely story.

25 minutes ago, Mike said:

Oh.  I think I missed some of what you meant.

Atheists can believe their immune system (and the Medical system) will work, and not have to use scriptural promises.  But it would work better for them if they did.  Remember, this part is a daily persistent thing, and it has ups and downs.  Sometimes it challenges us to get a normal healing. With scriptures that can be a less challenging healing.

So God will heal atheist without scriptures, but Christians need scriptures?

So why is God providing something for atheist He's not providing for his own church?

3 hours ago, chockfull said:

What I’m finding mentally exhausting right now is remembering a friend who got into an automobile accident on the way to a meeting.  After they went through the accident trauma they were re traumatized by the meeting leader interrogating them about where they “missed revelation” to avoid the car accident. Because obviously because the leader set the date and time of the meeting it was Gods will for my friend to be there according to the leader.

Does this bring back horrible memorizes. My Twig coordinator and his wife were driving in a snow storm and the car went out of control. They were both killed instantly in a car rollover. As we gathered together and wanted answers as to why God would allow this terrible thing to happen, the Limb leader said it only happened because they missed the revelation from God. It shook use all to the core.

On another occasion a ministry leader was in involved in a car accident, and we were told it happened because the leader was attacked by the adversary. No mention of the leader missing any revelation.

14 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

It really wouldnt matter, the law of believing would still fall flat because its trash.

I was a believer, way corps, all that jazz....so scripture shoulda worked overdrive with ME operating the law of believing!!! 

I had memorized scriptures on healing, had scriptures all over my walls in picture and homemade art, listened to CDs in my car on scriptures and healing, had scriptures on my computer, shared scriptures with my  wife and her with me, had clergy involved sharing scripture, the directors shared scripture, heck....at one point after he came home from the nicu I had scripture playing on CD 24 hours a day in his room.....I had clergy minister to him with laying on of hands and all that.

THE LAW OF BELIEVING FAILED NOT ME (I didnt fail -- I was genuinely asking everyone for help) AND QUOTING ALL THE SCRIPTURE IN THE WORLD DOES NOT MAKE FALSE DOCTRINE INTO RIGHT DOCTRINE>>>> LOB = False doctrine. 

I can empathize with you.

When I was with what Mike would call Way 1, I used to hitchhike 12 miles year round to get home from twig (my family lived 12 miles out of town).

By Way 2, I lived in town, but, having no car I walked 90 minutes one way to attend twig.

That's how committed I was.

@Mike

Edited by So_crates

25 minutes ago, So_crates said:

So God will heal atheist without scriptures, but Christians need scriptures?

So why is God providing something for atheist He's not providing for his own church?

I did not say that.  I said there are often a lot of ups and downs in normal healings, and that the scriptures can help that go better.  Why did you summarize it in the direction you did?

Could you not see that I was implying that we christians could do it without the scriptures, but that it would be better with them?

Are you TRYING to misunderstand?

34 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Both times you listed all the things you did there was no mention of you getting a direct revelation from God for what to do, in this case.

It looks like you were doing the same kind of thing I was doing in my car:  Pumping up believing in scriptures with every technique we could come up with.  

But we both were trying to effect a miracle without the most key ingredient: a direct revelation from God saying "It is miracle time!" 

Have you had a chance to notice the simultaneous discussion with So_crates on scripture believing for normal health and immune system healings, while direct revelation is necessary for miraculous events and healings?

1 hour ago, Mike said:

The main idea in the word "believing" is
trusting a promise enough to bet your life on it.

This reminds me of the section in the Bible where Jesus is being tempted directly by the devil Satan and is challenged to throw himself off the pinnacle and trust in the promise that the angels would catch him.

I guess then that Jesus wasn’t “believing” by refusing.

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

I did not say that. 

Yes you did.

Did you not say that atheist can get healing without scriptures? Did you say that Christians need scriptures? Did you not tell me my error was I didn't have a scripture to follow? Do atheist require following scriptures for their believing to work?

I rest my case.

I said there are often a lot of ups and downs in normal healings, and that the scriptures can help that go better.  Why did you summarize it in the direction you did?

Because ts one of those concequences of what you said.

Could you not see that I was implying that we christians could do it without the scriptures, but that it would be better with them?

No, because your first response to me was what scripture were you following as if getting anything from God requires a scripture reference.

Are you TRYING to misunderstand?

Are you trying to create misunderstanding?

Edited by So_crates

33 minutes ago, Stayed Too Long said:

Does this bring back horrible memorizes. My Twig coordinator and his wife were driving in a snow storm and the car went out of control. They were both killed instantly in a car rollover. As we gathered together and wanted answers as to why God would allow this terrible thing to happen, the Limb leader said it only happened because they missed the revelation from God. It shook use all to the core.

On another occasion a ministry leader was in involved in a car accident, and we were told it happened because the leader was attacked by the adversary. No mention of the leader missing any revelation.

I saw plenty of the same, though on a lesser scale. 
While I am thankful for all the great teaching I got from many, many people, there were more and more boneheads in leadership like that, as time went by.

I can only pray they got smarter after a few mistakes like that. Maybe years later.

5 minutes ago, chockfull said:

This reminds me of the section in the Bible where Jesus is being tempted directly by the devil Satan and is challenged to throw himself off the pinnacle and trust in the promise that the angels would catch him.

I guess then that Jesus wasn’t “believing” by refusing.

He had no revelation from his Father to accept that challenge.
The devil tempted him with believing scripture for a miracle.

4 minutes ago, So_crates said:

Yes you did.

Did you not say that atheist can get healing without scriptures? Did you say that Christians need scriptures? Did you not tell me my error was I didn't have a scripture to follow? Do atheist require following scriptures for their believing to work?

I rest my case.

Because ts one of those concequences of what you said.

No, because your first response to me was what scripture were you following as if getting anything from God requires a scripture reference.

Are you trying to create misunderstanding?

Maybe we miscommunicated.
Let's start over.

What's on your heart?

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Both times you listed all the things you did there was no mention of you getting a direct revelation from God for what to do, in this case.

It looks like you were doing the same kind of thing I was doing in my car:  Pumping up believing in scriptures with every technique we could come up with.  

But we both were trying to effect a miracle without the most key ingredient: a direct revelation from God saying "It is miracle time!" 

Have you had a chance to notice the simultaneous discussion with So_crates on scripture believing for normal health and immune system healings, while direct revelation is necessary for miraculous events and healings?

This does not jibe with my understanding or personal experience.  

I experienced no “revelation” just a really loud voice screaming “stop”.  It was not a still small voice and was not in my head but audible to my ears.  I got up and looked around for the source.

I basically did nothing but freak out and lay down a bike.

You are trying to sort experiences into your PFAL advanced class teaching buckets.

Which are horse puckey.

If God wants to do something He executes on it pretty quickly.  And if your consciousness is on trying to control a dashboard Jesus then you will be staring at it for a long time.

The curse of the law of believing teaches you to stay there and mentally strain to ensure you are “really believing” like “really taking a crap” or something.

What man by taking thought can add a cubit to his stature?

Rhetorical question - fooled you lol :biglaugh:

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Stayed Too Long said:

It shook me to my core, as well. I remember reading your story last year. I cannot forget it.

I cannot forget victor paul wierwille's ironic false prophesy about Skyrider's parents, either.

But I trust, which is to say, I super-special-believe, which is to say, I have believing faith the size of a mustard seed, which is to say, I bet my life that on THAT day some will be looking around for victor and this limb coordinator. But they will be out of sight, hidden, absent, because they will be inside the mouth of God scrubbing it clean of their defecate.

That's the extent of the revelation (twice=established) on which I place my bet. What happens to them after they finish cleaning their filth from the mouth of God... well, that's God's business. I'm not placing bets on that.

I know this: I would hate to be them on that day.

Edited by Nathan_Jr

47 minutes ago, Stayed Too Long said:

The higher up in the org you go the more sketchy the applications of “revelation” become in my experience.

A bunch of yes men faking it until they make it.

How about dont schedule a damn meeting in the midst of a blizzard you arse head. (That leader lol)

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

I saw plenty of the same, though on a lesser scale. 
While I am thankful for all the great teaching I got from many, many people, there were more and more boneheads in leadership like that, as time went by.

I can only pray they got smarter after a few mistakes like that. Maybe years later.

That sounds like “mental assent” lol.  What action have you taken to confront the illogic and help them get smarter?  Anything?  

I find the hypocrisy hilarious.  People victim blame the little people and excuse the leaders all day long.  

I only pray that you get smarter.  And I’m taking believing action on it by calling out harmful false doctrine you post consistently.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, chockfull said:

The higher up in the org you go the more sketchy the applications of “revelation” become in my experience.

A bunch of yes men faking it until they make it.

How about dont schedule a damn meeting in the midst of a blizzard you arse head. (That leader lol)

That's one of the questions I always asked myself: with all that was going on with Saint Vic where were the prophets?

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Atheists can believe their immune system (and the Medical system) will work, and not have to use scriptural promises.  But it would work better for them if they did.

As there's nothing to compare it to, how pray tell, would we know it's better?

37 minutes ago, Mike said:

So, if scripture can't bring about a miracle, why bother with  the retemories? 

19 minutes ago, So_crates said:

That's one of the questions I always asked myself: with all that was going on with Saint Vic where were the prophets?

I started asking leaders in the 1980s if they had any prophet's phone numbers in their Roladex.  It made them angry, and it made my point.  There were not many miracles past the 70s, and there never were any prophets.

1 minute ago, waysider said:

So, if scripture can't bring about a miracle, why bother with  the retemories? 

Scripture believing is for normal health and normal healing.
Direct revelation is for special believing and miracles.

40 minutes ago, Mike said:

So, why bother with retemories? Reach right up in that cookie jar, baby. Get yourself a big old chocolate chip. Skip all the song and dance.