GreaseSpot Cafe

Does TWI Provide a Retirement And Housing For Leaders?

Stayed Too Long

2 hours ago, OldSkool said:

In a word...no. but they make exceptions in cases like Craig Martindale.

So, the clergy/leadership is expected to make a lifetime commitment to the corporation, but the corporation won’t make a lifetime commitment to the clergy/leadership?

Sounds like leadership just isn’t beleeving big enough. But, Hey! God will cover.

Where do I sign up?

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Gloves
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

So, the clergy/leadership is expected to make a lifetime commitment to the corporation, but the corporation won’t make a lifetime commitment to the clergy/leadership?

Sounds leadership just isn’t beleeving big enough. But, Hey! God will cover.

Where do I sign up?

Yes, thats exactly what it is, a lopsided, one-sided relationship where the way international ignores most all of it's fiduciary responsibilites in such matters. You can commit your entire life to the way international with little to no compensation and then put out to pasture at the slightest whim of a director. I lie not.

4 hours ago, WordWolf said:

As stated at different times among the board, the policy for retirement for everybody (except the board) is

"THEY WILL WORK UNTIL THEY DIE."

I recall LCM saying that in many an after-meeting when I was in residence…but often he dealt with our more immediate concerns – like sleep deprivation – about which he liked to quip something like you’ll get to sleep all you want in heaven

I think that must have been the double secret way corps principle and it even had a retemory verse:

…the wicked…cannot rest... Isaiah 57:20

yeah that way corps program was wicked alright...:evilshades:

…all praise to him who lets me sleep zzzzZZZZ zzz :sleep1:  ZZZzzz

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

I recall LCM saying that in many an after-meeting when I was in residence…but often he dealt with our more immediate concerns – like sleep deprivation – about which he liked to quip something like you’ll get to sleep all you want in heaven

I think that must have been the double secret way corps principle and it even had a retemory verse:

…the wicked…cannot rest... Isaiah 57:20

yeah that way corps program was wicked alright...:evilshades:

…all praise to him who lets me sleep zzzzZZZZ zzz :sleep1:  ZZZzzz

I recall hearing Howard Allen saying we only needed 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night. I don’t know if that was all the sleep he managed every night, but I certainly could not function on such little sleep. Is that all the rest the corps received each night?

13 minutes ago, Stayed Too Long said:

I recall hearing Howard Allen saying we only needed 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night. I don’t know if that was all the sleep he managed every night, but I certainly could not function on such little sleep. Is that all the rest the corps received each night?

I don't know...I've slept since then  :biglaugh:

excuse me - couldn't resist...it was lights out by midnight

[sometimes we could get to bed sooner depending on variables...and sometimes if wife or I stayed up after midnight to work on research paper, a teaching, etc. we'd cover window and door threshold to prevent light leaks - cuz there were roving hall monitors - best of the best - crack SS troops :evildenk: who were authorized to shut down violators...the lights-Nazis - "no lights for you"]   

and typically we'd get up about 5 AM...so on average we got about 5 hours of sleep.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stayed Too Long said:

Howard Allen, bless his heart, was dead wrong about this.  Dead wrong.  His error is not surprising, considering who his "teacher" was.

Only David Goggins needs 3-4 hours of sleep.

22 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Howard Allen, bless his heart, was dead wrong about this.  Dead wrong.  His error is not surprising, considering who his "teacher" was.

Only David Goggins needs 3-4 hours of sleep.

yeah, and bedtime had a whole other predatory meaning for wierwille.

At Emporia, John Lynn often had us go to bed quite early on Sunday night, at 10 pm.  As I recall, we had to be in bed by midnight there, but at Gunnison under Tom Jenkinson, we had to be in bed by 11 pm.  However, at Gunnison, because there were fewer in-residence Corps there, you had to get up in the middle of the night for 3.5 hours of Bless Patrol at least once a week.  At Emporia, because numbers were higher, your Twig might have Bless Patrol (with 3 hour shifts) only once per block, as I recall.  This was during the time the 13th Corps was in-residence.  Of course, at HQ, they had Safety and a Doberman to do Bless Patrol duties.

Edited by DogLover
Wording

On 4/17/2023 at 10:59 PM, T-Bone said:

I don't know...I've slept since then  :biglaugh:

excuse me - couldn't resist...it was lights out by midnight

[sometimes we could get to bed sooner depending on variables...and sometimes if wife or I stayed up after midnight to work on research paper, a teaching, etc. we'd cover window and door threshold to prevent light leaks - cuz there were roving hall monitors - best of the best - crack SS troops :evildenk: who were authorized to shut down violators...the lights-Nazis - "no lights for you"]   

and typically we'd get up about 5 AM...so on average we got about 5 hours of sleep.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: - you certainly know how to put a spin on things.  I am so happy I never had the nerve to ask people to sponsor me so I could go into the Corps (which I wanted to do being as I was a good faithful little follower :asdf:.

On 4/17/2023 at 10:59 PM, T-Bone said:

.it was lights out by midnight

Yep. Same thing in FellowLaborers.

People on the outside who were under the impression these programs were organic or spontaneous have no concept of how well it was all scripted.

Edited by waysider
  • Like 1