GreaseSpot Cafe

Former Way 1979-1983

Rusty Duck

It only took four years for TWI to destroy my confidence and replace it with a catastrophic codependence. My family, my faith and my will to live were all sacrificed in servitude to this dastardly cult. I'm very happy to be here today. It took 30 years for me to regain my confidence and sense of self and purpose. I can never forgive what those monsters in sheep clothing did to so many of us. Sure, I chose to stick around for a while but one can only take so much BS and ego. Thank you for listening.

Edited by Rusty Duck
Didn't mean to post a photo here. Newbie.

Welcome, Rusty.

Thank you for sharing your very familiar story — it is the legacy of victor paul wierwille, charlatan and destroyer. You are not alone.

Apparently, there’s some fresh, full-strength coffee served in new, unused cups around here somewhere. 

Thanks for the howdy, Nathan. So happy to have found this place. I followed earlier websites created to support ex-way folks like us but it seems most have faded out. John Lynn was chasing me for a while but seems to be out of the picture now. Relief.

13 hours ago, Rusty Duck said:

Thanks for the howdy, Nathan. So happy to have found this place. I followed earlier websites created to support ex-way folks like us but it seems most have faded out. John Lynn was chasing me for a while but seems to be out of the picture now. Relief.

Hello, RD.  

I got to thinking there was only one way JAL was going to stop shilling his stuff, and that really was what finally stopped him.   (That's all I'm going to say on the subject, ask me privately if you want more specifics.  Public posting should have a limit of good taste, and there's limits here as well, which make sense and I will respect.)

If there's ANYTHING about twi experience you're curious about, it's around here somewhere.  If there's ANYTHING about ex-twi experience you're curious about, a lot of it is around here somewhere.   You can do a search on something, and some of us know where to find specific stuff.  Don't be surprised if you ask, and are directed to multiple links.  

In addition, there's socializing because most of us have moved on from twi.  Most of us no longer post here as a result, and some of us play games in the Game forum, and you're welcome to join in those as well.  (Players are generally on the "honor system" and trusted not to cheat.)

Feel free to participate in threads, or not, as you see fit.  All the freedom twi lacked is available here. 

BTW, the posters here vary widely in beliefs. There's a few that are close to twi's party line, there's Christians far from that, there's practitioners of all sorts of religions, and atheists and agnostics.   We all try to get along, and "disagree without being disagreeable."   So, the occasional suggestion that there's a "party line" at the GSC is silly.   Other than the most basic "vpw should have been a nicer guy", we probably wouldn't get universal agreement on anything  (like "vpw was a horrible fraud and a plagiarizing rapist and simonist.")

Edited by WordWolf
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi WW,

I appreciate the reconnoitering and overview, thanks. Still poking around a bit. I certainly don't want to breach protocol right out of thr gate!

I'm not much of a gamer but a do like to tell stories. I'm seeing quite a few great threads here and even though many are from years ago, they are all relevant to our common bond. I do appreciate this forum being here for us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rusty Duck said:

I'm not much of a gamer but a do like to tell stories.

We're very much about people telling their own stories and detailing their experiences, especially in twi, here at GSC. :wave:

• Like 1

Having the training and your occupation as a dual diagnostic counselor, goes to show that anyone is subject to the lies and deception of the man you believe has your spiritual interest at heart. The reason GSC is here is to enable people, to once again think for themselves, by offering support from others who have gone through and came out the otherside. Read all that is posted for the past 20+ years to get the support you need.

Welcome. 

• Like 1

Hi, Rusty Duck, welcome to the cafe.  Feel free to laugh, cry, scream or hit the walls (don't hit the staff!).  It can be a voyage of discovery here.  And just when you think you've heard it all, someone drops in a doozy.

Have a cup of coffee and a slice of cake on me.

Coffee and cake: what's not to love?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. I wish I had more time to putz around the cafe but life hasn't slowed down much. Summer is glorious and I am here for it!

Edited by Rusty Duck
misspelling

16 hours ago, Rusty Duck said:

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. I wish I had more time to putz around the cafe but life hasn't slowed down much. Summer is glorious and I am here for it!

Hi! Welcome to GSC...guess Im a bit slow on the draw to see your thread, so here is a very warm, yet belated welcome!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2023 at 11:59 AM, Rusty Duck said:

Hey Rusty welcome to the cafe for all us greasespots.  It’s been a pretty busy summer for me!  

Now I’m off to make more spots with my grease.  Melting into one big greasespot at midnight was way too limiting for me so I have expanded it into more of a SpongeBob endeavor as a short order frycook.  Gotta stay happy and make that grease work for you!

• Like 1

Hi Rusty Duck. Glad you're checking out this site where so many find so much valuable and helpful info and support.

Wishing you the best in your journey away from The Way.

Penworks 

a.k.a. Charlene L. Edge author of Undertow. Attached is the first chapter of the book. Enjoy. It's also available on my website.

https://charleneedge.com - where you can find my blogs about fundamentalism and cults and TWI.

Hiding-in-Plain-Sight.pdf

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2023 at 4:10 AM, penworks said:

Hi Rusty Duck. Glad you're checking out this site where so many find so much valuable and helpful info and support.

Wishing you the best in your journey away from The Way.

Penworks 

a.k.a. Charlene L. Edge author of Undertow. Attached is the first chapter of the book. Enjoy. It's also available on my website.

https://charleneedge.com - where you can find my blogs about fundamentalism and cults and TWI.

Hiding-in-Plain-Sight.pdf 228.16 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the note. I purchased your book last year and it was a very good read. I've shared it and Karl's book with my spouse, who was not in my life during my wayword years. Thank you for all the good work you've done and are doing. Cheers!

• Like 1

Hi there, so glad you found Undertow helpful. Thanks for reading it and passing it along.

Cheers!

For more of my work, check out blogs on the cult topic and on fundamentalism that are stored on my website:

Cults Archives | Page 11 of 11 | Charlene L. Edge (charleneedge.com)

Fundamentalism Archives | Charlene L. Edge (charleneedge.com)

• Like 1