GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

George...the wiping the dishes and running the water are both things he does with the guitar.

And 6 minute? That's not long! Uh, compared to the Allman Brothers. :)

Sudo, I kept listening for your voice but never heard it. Now those of you who have never had the pleasure of talking to Sudo, well, let's just say there would be NO mistaking his accent! :)

Rick

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

SaintGeorge,

I found a tidbit on Albert Collins which you may enjoy. I was impressed the first time I heard it to learn he made those sounds (water dripping, scrubbing dishes) with his fingers and not a pic.

Playing a Fender Telecaster with his fingers through a hundred-watt amplifier, Collins produced a lead guitar sound that was brittle, biting, and funkily syncopated.

Sudo,

Still laughing that I didn't see that. :biglaugh:

Moon Girl, perhaps this will help:

A temporary displacement of the regular metrical accent in music caused typically by stressing the weak beat to modify or affect.

Now if I only knew what I just told you.

Rick, help! :blink:

Yeah, Albert plays all those great lead licks sans pick.

Sudo...Yeah, I saw it but just never heard where your part came in. :)

Rick(Guessing that syncopated is a GOOD thing, right?) :blink:

Um, never mind you can't help. LMAO

Rick, help! :blink:

Me? Help with music theory?

A little story for ya'll. I have played guitar for over 30 years (not to mention all the other instruments I play) Just a few years ago, I played in a local blues jam and afterwards, a guy walked up to me and was just raving about the "cool Dorian mode" thing that I was playing. I smiled, thanked him, and walked away thinking to myself, "what the hell's a Dorian?" :)

Rick(who knows nothing about music except how to play it!)

Rick

Me? Help with music theory?

A little story for ya'll. I have played guitar for over 30 years (not to mention all the other instruments I play) Just a few years ago, I played in a local blues jam and afterwards, a guy walked up to me and was just raving about the "cool Dorian mode" thing that I was playing. I smiled, thanked him, and walked away thinking to myself, "what the hell's a Dorian?" :)

Rick(who knows nothing about music except how to play it!)

Rick

And do you ever! And it ain't bragging if I'm doing it for you. :)

Kathy

That helps loads (yea, right). :wacko: Guess I'll leave that kind of stuff to Ted. He would know, right? :mellow:

Yup! And then say things like I understand dear, uh huh, sure that makes sense to me..... :)

We have ourselves TWO things going on here now..

Christmas music AND nostalgia. So combining the two of them.. Click HERE! and name the Italian guy who did Christmas specials on TV. He died just a few years back and had Alzihemer's disease. Sheesh.. if only I could have appreciated these guys more when I was young.

sudo

If it's who I think it is he was regarded as a local in a town I use to spend time on the beach of in Florida.

(can't even type one dang sentence without a typo :blink: geez)

Even for me that was a particularly lousy sentence.

Okay I use to spend time on the beach of a town in Florida who regarded him as a local. If it is who I think it is.

Edited by ChattyKathy

Yup, Burt Reynolds and he both lived in that area. And I think Burt Reynolds had a dinner theater. Perhaps to help support his hair habit :o I heard he spent loads of money on toupees.

Awww Cowgirl, now that is Nostalgia! Nice, real nice! :)

Um, you know the name is showing though right? Cause I didn't guess thinking you were bringing us a treat.

Edited for a stupid typo. You may find more. If so, congratulations!

LMAO!

OK, got a tune here that ties right into Carol Burnett! Click HERE and tell me what link it has to the Carol Burnett Show!

Rick

Edited for a stupid typo. You may find more. If so, congratulations!

Well if my hubby didn't know when you just asked him over the phone and I don't know it either it'll be fun to see who does.

And that was Mr. Tudball and Mrs. Wiggins. I was looking for a good pic of them but thought nah, you guys can google it. :)

I know the answer!!!!!! But I can't tell you, I sorta stumpled across it, I went to google the words to the song "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia" and there it was on the first web site staring right back at me !! To tell you the truth I would of never guessed it, it's pretty interesting !!