• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

moony3424

post Today, 10:50 AM

Post #3928

Are you sure that's not the WOMAN in the moon?

Member No.: 995

Hey Moon Girl your next post will make it 1000!

I made it to 1000! And no better way to celebrate 1000, than to respond to you Kathy. jump.gif dance.gif

--------------------

Bring me the coffee and nobody gets hurt.

And to save it as it was because your next post will alter this moment in time.....here is the post. :)

It changed!! That's not fair! It did say 999 before. :asdf::CUSSING:

Now it says 1001! WHAT HAPPENED TO 1000? I want my 2 seconds of fame and glory on GSC to be celebrated on Nostalgia and now it's gone! I've been robbed. You ask how you can rob the moon? In not giving her 1,000th post, say I. Must be that strange brew.

Edited by moony3424

Hi, everyone

Sorry for not getting here sooner, I was away since early this morning.

The show is .... (drum roll)

The Virginian :dance:

Gonna rest now, see you tonight :sleep1:

Ken

Thanks for the songs, Kathy, Sudo.

This may seem odd to some, but I enjoyed 'Paper Moon' more than Strange Brew.

Ken,

You are correct, of course. It was The Virginian starring James Drury. Man.. it seems like another world away that they had shows on TV like that.

Re:"This may seem odd to some, but I enjoyed 'Paper Moon' more than Strange Brew."

Ah! A man after my own heart I see. I dost think we'll get along quite well, Ken. Here's the ENTIRE song.. click HERE! and though the singing doesn't start until about the 50 second mark, you get extra points if you know what '40's big band did this. I didn't know it, though, and I'm a big band fan. Uh, but you need to tell us one more thing. Are you on a dial-up connection or do you have DSL or some sort of broad band? It makes a difference in how we post stuff. And just one more itty bitty thing, Ken.. what kind of nostalgic music do you prefer? Gospel? Rhythm and Blues? 60's or 50's rock and roll? Motown? And what kind of classical?

If you're a music fan.. you've found the thread for YOU my friend. And once again... welcome :wave:

sudo

Sudo,

I didn't think you would much care for that Cream song. You and I are passionate about some of the same songs then we go to opposites almost. Although that is a lovely song you gave our dear Moon Girl who was sad she lost 1,000.

Moon Girl,

That's why I posted what I did under you to capture you having it here on this thread. As for myself I posted like a crazy person when I first came here, I don't even remember passing 1,000. :)

Ken,

Welcome again even if you preferred Paper Moon over Strange Brew. :unsure: :)

I think I've done this before but I wanted to give something before I headed back out. HERE

Edited by ChattyKathy

Sudo,

THanks for making me feel welcome here. I love that version!

I'm gonna hazard a guess that the band is Benny Goodman, not that I'm an expert but I saw the Frank Sinatra movie and I remember the 'BG' logo on the front of those things in front of the band players and that he played a ?clarinet? ?recorder? whatever those small wind things are.

Oh, and I have a DSL connection.

My tastes are varied as to the kind of nostalgic music I like. When I was young, Rock & Roll was all I listened to. Not top 40 stuff, but the real deal, ya know? I mean some of what they play as 'classic rock' today makes me want to barf, it was the same stuff I hated when it was new.

I used to listen to 'underground' radio stations (actually just 1, how many can an area have?)

That being said, I guess I gravitate towards anything bluesy.

As far as classical, I like the tunes that are well known, 1812 overature, hall of the mountain king (or whatever its called) swan lake, more but I cant remember. :confused:

Kathy, thanks again for the welcome. Strange brew gets boring after a while (IMO), would be a fun song to play along with, but Paper Moon is more intersting,even having the solo near the end. :biglaugh:

Moony, thanks for the 'strange brew'

Congrats on you 1K pos! :eusa_clap:

Ken,

Re:"I'm gonna hazard a guess that the band is Benny Goodman"

You are correct sir. So far you are doing very well but here's one that was popular when you were in about the 10th grade. We *ARE* nostalgia, Ken. It's a Moog synthesizer you're going to be hearing. Name the piece, composer or artist and win big points :dance:. I decided not to convert it to a smaller WAV since you have DSL. If you have good speakers you might just appreciate this version from nearly 40 years ago. I know you listened to it back then. Just you click HERE!

sudo

It sounds a lot like Haydn or Handel (not quite inventive enough for Mozart). As to who may have performed it in the 60's -- no idea.

It does remind me of several disco "remakes" of some classics: "Thus Spake Zarathustra"*; "Night on Disco (Bald) Mountain"; and my favorite, "Joy," a peppy version of "Jesu, Joy of Man'd Desiring."

George

* best known these days as the theme from "2001: A Space Odyssey"

Sorry guys..

I guess *I* was a bit odd in what I listened to and keep assuming everyone else is odd as well :blink:. That's the Brandenburg Concerto #3, I believe, from an Album called Switched On Bach. It WAS popular with us band geek types, though. Really. :biglaugh: Yeah, I had that thing cranked up pretty good last night on the computer speakers.

sudo

Sorry guys..

I guess <B>*I*</B> was a bit odd in what I listened to and keep assuming everyone else is odd as well :blink:

Sudo,

We used to play 'Switched On Bach' pretty relentlesy in a way home I was in. Maybe there are more than 1 or we just played 1 side.

Oh, and by the way Sudo, congrats on your new server. Care to give any of the specifics?

Ken

Hi, Cowgirl. That was really nice.

Hi, Rick, Moony.

I have sort of a nostalgic question for anyone out there, sort of silly really, but here goes:

Did any of you at some point believe that "there's a bathroom on the right" were the actual lyrics in a

popular song?

Name the song, fess up if you did (or still do) :biglaugh:

Ken