The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since we were talking synth music, HERE is one of the better ones I remember.

Now for a gazillion points (point value 1 gazzilionth of one cent) who was the band? And what made this song special in the recorded music field? Special, not unique, as I'm sure it has happend other times, but not often.

Rick

Moony wins the prize!

Well, almost!

Yes, the song was written by Bruce Springsteen or, as I like to call him, B.S. (don't like him, can you tell? :) )

What was unusual and again, not unique, is that MM had a BIG hit with the song before B.S. ever recorded it. He didn't record it himself till sometime in the 80's I believe. And his version wasn't much of a hit. If you heard it, and were a fan of MM's version, you would understand why.

In other words, B.S. covered his own song.

Rick

Oh, and yeah, hiway got the "kiss this guy" reference!

What was unusual and again, not unique, is that MM had a BIG hit with the song before B.S. ever recorded it. He didn't record it himself till sometime in the 80's I believe

Rick, I hate to disagree with you, but disagree I must. Actually B.S.'s flop was recorded in 1973 as the 1st track on his 1st album and MM's hit was in 1976.

Rick, I hate to disagree with you, but disagree I must. Actually B.S.'s flop was recorded in 1973 as the 1st track on his 1st album and MM's hit was in 1976.

Bruce re-released it then, in the 80's. If it flopped in 72, maybe that's why I never heard of him doing it till the 80's. :)

But I think it was 77 when MM released thier version (although I could be wrong once again...getting old and forgetful I guess!) :(

Rick

Edited by Bluzeman

Never heard Neil do it. Like I said, it happens, just not often. But hey, George, you taught me something new! Didn't know anyone else ever did that song!

Wanted to add...that's Amazing!

OK, you had to follow the Amazing Sea Monkeys On Mars thread to get that. :) Tom Strange, you still looking here? :)

Rick

Edited by Bluzeman

I can't play yet but did quickly read and what a fun day here. :)

Welcome back Cowgirl. And I thought of you today when a friend and I went to a local Western store and they had awesome blouses that said Cowgirl on them. No lie this place was like going into Christmas. I fell in love with these deep purple boots...OMG...but 179.00 is too deep purple for my pocket book. (sigh)

Back in a bit.

Yeah, but only cause there was a bad moon on the rise that night. :)

And welcome to the thread Ken!

How bout this one...Scuse me while I kiss this guy.

Thanks, Rick. :)

Both of these lyrics were features in some comedy type of thing recently (within the last 5 yrs)

Up untill that time, my wife really thought the lyrics were bathroom on the right.

There were some others who thought this too, so I was wondering if anyone here did and if they would admit to it. :biglaugh:

In fact, a google search yielded some websights for misheard lyrics. Sort of cool. :sleep1:

I was in elementary school when this series first ran on TV. I appreciated it a whole lot more in my adult years watching it in re-runs. I'd hear the theme and feel a smile coming across my face... even if I weren't actually visibly smiling. Click HERE! Am I not the only one not smiling today when I hear that?? Man....

sudo

Great tunes y'all.

And I love that misread lyrics thing y'all had going on. I remember not understanding what the Doors were saying when they said And our love become a funeral pyre. I thought pyre was fire which made no sense to me I recall.

Moon Girl you're pretty sharp.

And Rick if you play that song I asked you to please warn me before I click on it cause I don't want to cry just anywhere ya know.

Edited by ChattyKathy