GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

I really think there is much to that thinking. For television it was pretty good, really was even if some writing was understated and oops...pass on what I was going to say :nono5: it was good entertainment. It got our heads thinking other things for the first time I suspect. Children took an interest in what was above. It had a cool impact I think. This goes back to that thinking somewhere on the board sometime back :unsure: when we were talking about moving faster as time goes by because of the base of knowledge you have to work from widens. (or did I dream that)

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I so enjoyed Star Trek and all the spin offs. As you can tell from one of my post,,,,Name that tune...

It's a movie, George, though they haven't officially said what it's about, it looks like it will be about young Kirk at the academy.

If I could cherry pick episodes I liked from Next Generation, i would say it was my favorite. When it was good it was VERY good, but too often, especially in it's first 2 years, it was slow and plodding. A friend referred to the show as 'Dinner with Picard" once. But it improved with time, and I came to love that crew as they grew into their roles. I'll even admit to saying my favorite character was Will Riker, who seems to get bashed by many fans, at least at the time.

I never got into Deep Space Nine, so I can't speak to it. I am considering picking up on it to see what I've missed.

Same withthe Captain Janeway show. I must have been out of the Trek loop during these years.

I liked the idea of Enterprise, but then didn't like the first season or 2. It got MUCH better the season they were on the mission in that hostile part of space, and I felt had found themselves right when the plug was pulled.

The movies are another topic.

"Dinner with Picard", heehee, love to hear what they called Kirk, hmmm perhaps Star Trekking while mattress dancing. :rolleyes:

Couldn't do one eposide of Captain Janeway.

Over all I liked the crew of Next Generation the best.

I'm certain half that is spelled wrong. But if y'all stopped reading me on that you ain't reading me now. :wink2:

I have been collecting the Next Generation series. I have the first 5 seasons so far but I'm waiting for the last 2. They want like 135 dollars each for seasons 6 and 7.

I've only watched the first season and less than half the second so far. So far I have learned that there were a LOT of episodes I've never seen, or at least, don't remember. I have also learned that there were a LOT of episodes that were so bad that I don't WANT to remember them. :)

But I do like these boxed sets. Really nice and the first 5 are reasonable at around 51-55 dollars per season. A bargain, really as there are around 24 episodes per season (which equates to 24 hours of entertainment for 55 bucks)

I just finished watching all of the Q episodes on Dvd. We have movie marathons here one day a week when most of us are home. I liked the Q from the Next Generations episodes best......Next will be those of the Borg.

My father liked watching this when I was much younger,,,better than the Twilight Zone..some of those where weird.Probably because at that age I thought it was real.....

Just like when my mother would shop for cereal....I really thought the stawberries came with because it was pictured on the box.

Funny how we think and percieve things as a child!

Hey Bluzman you really are a Trekkie!

Never been to a convention though. That's a litlle over the edge for me.

But the movie Galaxy Quest..is a stitch to watch. What a crew.

Tim Allen .... Jason Nesmith

Sigourney Weaver .... Gwen DeMarco

Alan Rickman (he is a interesting actor) .... Alexander Dane

Tony Shalhoub .... Fred Kwan

Sam Rockwell .... Guy Fleegman

Daryl Mitchell .... Tommy Webber

Enrico Colantoni .... Mathesar

Better go, I am rattling.. :wink2:

Why is an excellant question-his first album in '68 had terrible reviews, but the Priceline commercials must have set things in motion again. Our own Capt Kirk, admitting he's a Has Been, in 2004. (he has another somewhere in between, I think, but I don't know the name of it.)

Saw a documentary on his concerts on TVLand. Takes guts, but it's working.

Guess the morale is-Never say Never!

I have it. The Cd.. I thought was very interesting..........

I guess that is why I am here.! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pawtucket-I got to stand on the bridge of Picard's Enterprise. That was a thrill.

More thrilling if Patrick was there. Stewart that is. :)

Sudo,

That was scary. :blink:

I don't even know what to say. :unsure:

It's that person and I don't like him in that capacity either. His commercials weren't bad though.

Paw and Ca_dreaming,

Where did you get to stand on the bridge of the Enterprise at? How does it look facing the audience. :biglaugh:

TOTW,

You're much kinder towards Shatner than I am. :wink2:

Moon Girl,

Do y'all watch TV at all, I know Ted wasn't much for it unless good movies I recall. :)

Rick,

Now that series I can handle you quoting, it's that other show you make me :confused: when you quote. :biglaugh:

Chatty Kathy

In regards to:

Paw and Ca_dreaming,

Where did you get to stand on the bridge of the Enterprise at? How does it look facing the audience.

Paw was there not me. But for me meeting Patrick Stewart that would be fun. Never have though.

Ca Dreaming,

Re:"Pawtucket-I got to stand on the bridge of Picard's Enterprise. That was a thrill."

No kidding? I think that is the same one Paw was on, too. I was out in Hollywood this past Spring but I didn't get no steenking back gate passes to nuthin'!@!

Sushi.. so you really liked that, eh? Well here it is in full stereo MP3 version. All I can say is.. its very interesting :biglaugh: . Click HERE!

sudo

AAAAAAAAAUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHH I"LL NEVER HEAR IN COLOR AGAIIIIIINNNN !!!!!!!!

I hear ya brother! :blink:

:biglaugh:

Chatty Kathy

In regards to:

Paw and Ca_dreaming,

Where did you get to stand on the bridge of the Enterprise at? How does it look facing the audience.

Paw was there not me. But for me meeting Patrick Stewart that would be fun. Never have though.

You must have been quoting him and I thought you had been there also. :redface: :)

Sudo,

You come up with the funniest things. :)

Kathy,

Re:<B><I><font color=red>"You come up with the funniest things."</font></I></B>

Too much time on mu hands?? Here's another one performed by a one time Star Trek cast member. Click <a href=http://sudo2u.com/act.wav><B><font color=red>HERE!</font></B></a> and see if you recognize him.

<center>sudo (wondering if this one is funny enough)</center>

Leonard Nimoy?

Rick