Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kathy,

I remember watching that show. My, how there were so many cartoons that I now know I watched. You're good at clues but I'll be dog gone if I understand. Tell me.. weren't you a little young for this one?? You're just a young whipper snapper!

sudo

Dang, I saw a picture of Rose-a-lie on the main index and nearly tossed my cookies, someone tell Paw to put John back there please, he was nice to look at. :)

Sudo,

You know it, yup! And I was a little fart but I was around when that cartoon played. I actually did watch this one. :)

Yes, you can give him a message. You do take shorthand, don't you? Good, we take it in the South too. Anyway, just tell him that I have been a Southerner all my life, and I can vouch for the fact the we do eat a lot of things down here... and we've certainly all had our share of grits and biscuits and gravy, and I myself have probably eaten enough fried chicken to feed a third world country - not to mention barbecue, cornbread, watermelon, fried pies, okra, and... yes... if I were being perfectly candid, I would have to admit we have also eaten our share of crow, and for all I know - during the darkest, leanest years of the Civil War, some of us may have had a Yankee or two for breakfast. But... speaking for myself and hundreds of thousands of my Southern ancestors who have evolved through many decades of poverty, strife, and turmoil, I would like for Mr. Weaks to know that we have surely eaten many things in the past, and we will surely eat many things in the future, but - God as my witness - we have never, I repeat, (shouts) never eat dirt!

Who said this?

Hello Mooney!

Kinda' slow around these parts so good to see 'ya's. Now what's it gonna' take to lure folks in? Nekkid pics of Southern designing women who eat Yankees? :nono5: No? How about an oldies guitar tune (since I know we have a guitar fan or two around here) that I think most will remember but few can name?

Actually, I'm trying to get Rick to take a stab at my last one (HERE!) because HE mentioned it FIRST :biglaugh:. But maybe one that makes 'ya groan trying to remember the name? Or who did it?? Let's see shall we? Click HERE! for a small snippet.

sudo (who STILL has fun editing tunes)

Rick,

Re:"If I mentioned the first one, then I'm at a loss."

As I just KNEW you would be, Rick. I hunted down the song all because of you :) .This is from your post from July 22..

"Trivia time...the Tornados were the first British group to have a record hit number one on the charts. (From Ask Mr. Music)"

So you know its the Tornados. But.... what's the name of it and does a guitar player like yourself recognize what the solo instrument is? And no.. its NOT a soprano sax. Click HERE!

sudo

P.S. Kathy, when the Beatles hit our shores February 1964 I was 12 years old and still watched cartoons on Saturday mornings. I remember thinking that the voices didn't exactly match those of the Beatles so I wasn't sure if it was really them or not.

You don't remember the old Beatles cartoon show, Kathy?

BackgroundCartoon2.jpg

Actually it wasn't too bad for a Saturday morning cartoon. I seem to remember it was similar to what the Monkees show was like - goofy plots and a couple of songs thrown in here and there. There was usually a sing-along thing where they'd show the lyrics to the song so you could - sing along.

I don't think it lasted very long.

Uh, the Tornadoes were the first british group to have a hit on the AMERICAN charts, but it was with the song Telstar.

Rick

OK, we were both right. Sorta.

The Tornados also enjoyed several chart hits in their own right, including the Number One hit "Telstar" (named after the satellite and composed by Meek), the first U.S. Number One by a British group (seven months earlier, "Stranger on the Shore" by clarinetist Mr. Acker Bilk had become the first U.S. Number One by a British solo artist; since both "Telstar" and "Stranger on the Shore" were instrumentals, however, Beatles fans are prone to arguing that the Beatles' February 1964 smash "I Want to Hold Your Hand" was the first U.S. Number One song by a British artist of any kind, since technically a song has words). For a time, the Tornados were considered serious rivals to The Shadows. They were also one of the biggest influences on The Who, and also on the early Pink Floyd. Their next single "Globetrotter" made it to number 5 in the UK singles chart, but when bassist Heinz Burt left in 1963 for a solo career, the group began to fall apart. By 1965, none of the original line-up remained.

From THIS SITE

Edited by Bluzeman