Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rick,

You're going to have to give hints, I'm afraid. I don't know it either but what Tops suggested was my first choice, too. Karen Valentine. But no.. Its not Room 222, is it? Ah! Karen Valentine. I remember her from episodes in THIS TV anthology series... Click HERE! A great show!

And as to the movie GIF clip that I posted (HERE!) It is *not* Mutiny On The Bounty though that is a GOOD guess. I mean, there's Charles Laughton. There's pirates. But there's no Clark Gable and in frame #17 there.. as big as day is Gary Cooper who wasn't in Mutiny On The Bounty. Naw... its *ANOTHER* pirate movie... from 1945 that also starred John Carradine. I remember when John Carridine died in 1988. Sudossuda and I had been married for 3 years and when I saw the obituary I felt a big loss because even though he was "only" a character actor and not a star, he was in so many films and a big part of Hollywood going back to the talkies' first days in 1930. Now.. there are hardly any of them left.. maybe Gloria Stuart who was in Titanic and is now 96 years old? Who else is there that was in Hollywood's glory days of the '30's and 40's??

sudo

Sudo wanted me to play with him. Think this is what he meant?
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Rick, You're going to have to give hints, I'm afraid. I don't know it either but what Tops suggested was my first choice, too. Karen Valentine. But no.. Its not Room 222, is it? Ah! Karen Valentine. I remember her from episodes in THIS TV anthology series... Click HERE! A great show! And as to the movie GIF clip that I posted (HERE!) It is *not* Mutiny On The Bounty though that is a GOOD guess. I mean, there's Charles Laughton. There's pirates. But there's no Clark Gable and in frame #17 there.. as big as day is Gary Cooper who wasn't in Mutiny On The Bounty. Naw... its *ANOTHER* pirate movie... from 1945 that also starred John Carradine. I remember when John Carridine died in 1988. Sudossuda and I had been married for 3 years and when I saw the obituary I felt a big loss because even though he was "only" a character actor and not a star, he was in so many films and a big part of Hollywood going back to the talkies' first days in 1930. Now.. there are hardly any of them left.. maybe Gloria Stuart who was in Titanic and is now 96 years old? Who else is there that was in Hollywood's glory days of the '30's and 40's??
sudo
Okay, it is not Mutiny On The Bounty then. :)( :realmad: html ) Edited by ChattyKathy

Rick,

You're going to have to give hints, I'm afraid. I don't know it either but what Tops suggested was my first choice, too. Karen Valentine. But no.. Its not Room 222, is it? Ah! Karen Valentine. I remember her from episodes in THIS TV anthology series... A great show!

I can name that show in seven notes, Sudo. :biglaugh:

Edited by Sushi

Mickey Rooney, Jackie Cooper, Shirley Temple to name a few are still alive. I'm sure there are any number of 'lesser' actors, but the list is growing thin, and those I named were child stars.

I'm not sure what the Charles laughton movie is if it's not Bounty. A google search would answer it quick, but I'm trying to think of it-and my head hurts

Love American Style was a good show. That was a place for some of those old time actors could find parts, as well as a venue for new people. The best part of the show was seeing who that nights stars were during the opening song.

There was another show in the early 60's called 'Burke's Law', with Gene Barry. He played a wealthy detective who would spend most of the show visiting suspects and witnesses. The opening credits would list that nights guests in alphabetical order, and it was always an interesting mix of celebrities. The show was a formula, but it was fun. Anne Francis first appeared as Honey West on the show, either as a kind of 'pilot' appearance, or a promo for her upcoming show.

It's the middle of the night and I'm rambling. yawn

Hiway29,

Re:"I'm not sure what the Charles laughton movie is if it's not Bounty."

That would have been my first guess, too. This one wasn't in the same league though it was fun watching it and not expecting a whole lot. Charles Laughton is such fun to watch... even in some of his lesser roles. Have any of you guys seen him and Robert Young in The Canterville Ghost? I'm waiting to see that one again. Well, here's the opening clip and just look at the supporting cast. John Carradine, and remember that Sheldon Leonard used to do acting? Remember who he was in It's A Wonderful like? ... Click HERE! and get extra points for knowing that music score.

I actually downloaded that movie from http://emol.org. A site that has movies that have lost their copyright available to view online for free. I've downloaded and then made DVD's out of a few movies from there but usually, the quality isn't really good enough for a decent DVD. But a few are just fine but they are large files. This one was over 2 gigs but I just started the download and then went and did other things while it downloaded. Then I burned a DVD that looked as good as if I had rented it!

Rick... I'm waiting on yours, too. Are there any other non-guessed out there?

sudo