Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

quote:
Will you holler at me when you're in chat next time, please!

Ummmmmm ok, and how do I do that? Do you have a cot in the nostalgia back room and I can ring a little bell or something?

I'll be there tonight about 9ish or so. I do know that much.

Sudo...... icon_razz.gif:P-->pfffffffffffffffft

Kathy,

That's the MOD Squad. I watched it some but wasn't a big fan for some reason. The black guy, Link, made the biggest impression on me because he was so... well... black. The few black stars that preceded him on TV (like Julia) or in most movies made for white audiences (I'm thinking of Poitier) were very non-threatening. But Link was different. The first thing was that Afro, wasn't it? That was very black-radical when it came out. Anybody remember Angela Davis??

He wore shades that hid what he was looking at. Spoke very little. And was, at least to me, intimidating. That's what I remember. Your mileage may vary.

sudo

Hiway29,

The pic is of Gypsy Rose Lee. But, as you said, the song is from Gypsy a Sondheim-Styne composition written for it. You caught me a little off guard because after reading your post... I'm not sure which version I had. I really wanted to post a pic of a at least semi-clothed Gypsy Rose. She was quite an entertainer in an era where an exotic dancer didn't have to do sleazy things to keep her job.

Now I get to post another lady's pic. I saw her interviewed on TCM last week and she looks great. Sounds great.

icon_smile.gif:)-->.

sudo

P.S. Hey, Hiway29, if you want to learn how to post stuff like this, too, e-mail me (sudo2u@gmail.com) and I'll show you how because, man, I think you'd stump us all!! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

quote:
Originally posted by Sudo:

Kathy,

That's the MOD Squad. I watched it some but wasn't a big fan for some reason. The black guy, Link, made the biggest impression on me because he was so... well... black. The few black stars that preceded him on TV (like Julia) or in most movies made for white audiences (I'm thinking of Poitier) were very non-threatening. But Link was different. The first thing was that Afro, wasn't it? That was very black-radical when it came out. Anybody remember Angela Davis??

He wore shades that hid what he was looking at. Spoke very little. And was, at least to me, intimidating. That's what I remember. Your mileage may vary.

sudo

Sudo, I read a little about them and was reminded of how they introduced a different view of the police. The brief said they were not the "pigs". And they said words like "groovy", "keep the faith" and "solid". But I can't recall the full meaning of "solid".

The stars Peggy Lipton, Michael Cole, and Clarence Williams III were a way of balancing the peace/war thing going on and our trust of the that type authority after Kent State. Or so IMHO.

My favorite character was Williams actually. Cole was neat but he was just like another pretty face. And Lipton was a girl. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Like Sudo, I knew the show but really wasn't a fan. Clarence Williams was the biggest draw. Every black guy at college had a 'fro that big or bigger. I kinda miss them. Michael Cole was a bore, and Peggy Lipton was way out of place. If the show was done today, she'd be kicking butt. They also had a police mentor played by Tige Andrews, who was another bore.

I may take you up on the posting lessons , Sudo. Just have to find the time to psyche myself up for the lesson. Most tech things make my brain short -circuit.

Ahhh... Wasway knows. And I was just going to give some hints, too. May STILL have to give some hints but Wasway did just fine wink2.gif;)-->.

Hey! Anybody planning on hanging out here much this weekend?? I have some stuff I can post if there's any interest.

sudo

P.S. How the co-star looks today....

lady3.jpg

Hiway29,

I understand. Not everyone is an old movie buff and we really do very little old movies stuff here. Harder to get good theme songs for one thing. It's the weekend and folks are busy doing other things but before giving it all away.. here's another pic of our Robin Hood and Maid Marian. And no... it's not Scarlett icon_biggrin.gif:D-->.

icon_frown.gif:(-->.

Now I'm going to give away one of our poorly kept secrets, Hiway29... the source for finding movies, TV shows, who was in them, when they were made, biographies of stars, directors etc.. It's The Internet Movie Database (IMDB).

http://us.imdb.com/search/

Just search for 'Robin Hood' for instance and you'll see all the movies and TV movies and shows that had Robin Hood in the name. Click on the one made in 1938 and you'll see who was in it.

If you're an old movie buff, you can follow the links all day long.

sudo

Excuse me sudo, but are you implying that I'm not an old movie buff, just because I didn't know that picture. I'm almost insulted. Well, no, I'm not, but geez-

An 'old' movie would be before 1915 or so-everything from DW Griffith on counts.

I know about IMDB, I was just trying to ferret out the answer without going to the source-that is the point of the game isn't it ?

Hiway29,

Re:"..I was just trying to ferret out the answer without going to the source-that is the point of the game isn't it?"

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!Cut it out! You're killing me!!

Everyone cheats on this thread. Well, maybe not everyone. But Bluzeman does. I caught him once. And Pirate?? Why do you think they call him 'Pirate'?? Hmmm??? I just KNOW the guy cheats!! And Wasway?? The guy's an ex-cult member, dude!! Need I say more?? Now Kathy is probably as pure as the driven snow but... she's the exception.

Aw.. we usually come out and admit it but let's say you didn't know 'fer sure who starred with Errol Flynn in all those movies... 'ya could just go to the (IMDB).. find out... and then post as if you knew it off the top of your head. As long as you DON'T SAY whether or not you knew it right off... well... people can assume what they want.. right??? angelkit.gif. Hee-hee!

I promised some fun stuff didn't I?? I don't know what I was thinking but I have one of the all time best novelty songs of the 60's but didn't post it. It's one all of you.. (and that's 'all' without exception nono5.gif) have heard and liked. Liked? Dare I say it? Could it be... loved??? Yes but I'm not posting it now. Maybe I'll post it tomorrow. After all.. tomorrow is ******* ***.

Today, I'm posting a fun one that my wife and daughters love. I get a little worried about my daughters listening to this.. they're still teenagers and not supposed to know about these things. But it IS pretty dang funny... Click HERE!

sudo

I never heard that song, but I like it.

One of the reasons I add more information than necessary on some of my posts is too substantiate I really knew the answer. I also do it because it's fun to talk about this junk, and noone has told me to shut up yet.

what is this "google" thingie that everyone talks about icon_confused.gif:confused:-->??? I think Brian Bowers mentioned it, in between "diddly eye oh's" icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Oh and Sudo"...And Wasway?? The guy's an ex-cult member, dude!! Need I say more??..." I think I represent that remark!! angelkit.gif

Omigosh, Sudo. I didn't know there was another Mike Cross fan among us.

I first heard Mike do "Under the Scotsman's Kilt" at The Pier in Raleigh, NC probably 25 years ago and I've loved it ever since. My wife and I saw him here in Charlotte back in February and he sang it that night and it was just as funny as the first time. If you ever get a chance to see Mike Cross live, check it out. He puts on a great show.

Do you have "The Great Strip Poker Massacre?" That's another classic.

Rick,

Re:"I actually take offense to that Sudo, as, I have NEVER answered a question that I googled the answer for without saying I googled. it."

OK OK.. so I never caught you cheating. It sounded good at the time, though. Oh, I know... it was Paw (not here to defend himself) who got caught cheating!! Yeah... That's the ticket.

sudo (who's gonna' have to post that novelty song tonight due to response it looks like)