GreaseSpot Cafe

Another GS Wedding?

Goey

David,

I'm sorry I failed to let you know how your song touched my heart. A song reflects the writer, as much as you'd choose for it not at times. This was a beautiful reflection.

Today is the beginning,

By joining hearts today,

Both of us will share;

Endless skies,

Where mountains rise

But no more setting sun.

Eternity, for you and me,

Has just today begun

Has just today begun.

You said so much in just that verse alone. The recognition there is more than two. Becoming as one, all would probably say they'd care for. Forevermore! Beyond the physical surroundings that has added to their "personal majesty." You combined the beauty of their love for each other with things of strength and great wonderment.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Cowgirl and Goey,

Will there be a party somewhere in texas where Greasespotters will be allowed to attend and bring goodies?? Littlehawk might help with the "pear juice" and the Weenie roast gang is pretty good on better-than-sex stew and what not.

If this is a purely private affair then that is beautiful. If you'd be blessed by having a hunnert of your best Greasespot buddies get together afterwards... that's great, too!!

sudo

P.S. I'm WAITING your song in e-mail, Dmiller!!!

Thanks for all the congtrats and well wishes folks.

And a special thanks to David, who conspired with Nancy to come up with such fantastic lyrics that so beautifully express both of our hearts towards one another.

There is no date set as of yet. There are details to be worked out since Cowgirl is in Canada and I am in the U.S., but most likely we will be married in Ontario.

Goey

• 5 months later...

Cowgirl...I promised this to you months ago....FINALLY found the disk!!!

It's the wedding ceremony I wrote for our wedding....use any, none, or all the parts you like!!

(couldn't attach it, so copy and pasted)

Steve and Cindy’s Wedding Ceremony

Prelude Music: Bach: Air on a G String, Handel: Water Music Air, Pachelbel: Canon in D

Seating of Parents

PROCESSIONAL

(Processional music begins: Four Seasons)

-Enter: Rafael, Steve, Mike (Best Man), then Joshua, then Zachary down the side path. Rafael takes place center of arch, Groom stands to right (as one faces the altar) of Rafael, Best Man to right of Groom, Groomsmen to the right of the Best Man, all facing towards guests.

-Enter: Bridesmaids, first Jenna (Matron of Honor), then Jessica, then Katryna (taking their places on the left of Rafael) followed by the Ringbearer and the Flower Girl scattering rose petals. (ringbearer and flower girl then stand next to the groomsmen and bridesmaids, respectively)

(Bridal March music begins)

Guests rise: Bride takes Mark's right arm, and he walks her -slowly- down the aisle, guides Bride to stop at the end of the aisle facing Rafael, on the Groom’s left, Mark stands at the Bride’s side, and steps back to stand behind Bride and Groom.

WELCOME TO GUESTS

Rafael: People everywhere and all through the ages have been drawn together in times of ceremony, joy and celebration. Thus today we have been drawn here together to witness and to celebrate with Steve and Cindy in their union for the founding of a new marriage.

PRESENTATION OF THE BRIDE

Rafael: Who presents Cindy into marriage on this day?

Mark: I, Mark Brown, along with her parents, do so give her. (Groom steps forward to shake Mark’s hand; Mark hugs/kisses Bride and places her hand into the hand of Groom)

(Mark moves to seat in front row with the bride’s family to watch remainder of ceremony)

ADDRESSING THE COUPLE

Rafael: As husband and wife may all your life be a perfect blending of loving, caring, planning, sharing, and happiness unending. May dreams unfold and turn to gold bringing you joy and laughter. May each year too, find both of you still "happy ever after."

True love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful, it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own ways, it is not irritable or resentful, it does not rejoice at wrong but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. True love never ends.

DECLARATION OF INTENT

Rafael: The bond of Marriage is not one to be entered into lightly. This sacred union will forever bind the two of you as one. Do you, Steve and Cindy, come of your free will and conscious desire to be united in marriage?

Steve and Cindy: We do.

Rafael: (turns to the Groom) Do you, Steve, enter into this union freely, willingly, with love and honor of this woman in your heart, knowing the full scope of your decision? Do you promise to care for Cindy in all of the joys and sorrows of life, come what may, and to share the responsibility for growth and enrichment of your life together?

Steve: I do.

Rafael: (turns to the Bride) Do you, Cindy, enter into this union freely, willingly, with love and honor of this man in your heart, knowing the full scope of your decision? Do you promise to care for Steve in all of the joys and sorrows of life, come what may, and to share the responsibility for growth and enrichment of your life together?

Cindy: I do.

(Bride hands bouquet to Matron of Honor)

EXCHANGE OF MARRIAGE VOWS

Rafael: Steve, take Cindy by the right hand and say to her:

Rafael: "I, Stephen Lewis Wall take you, Cynthia Ann Hinson, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish until we are parted by death. This is my solemn vow."

Steve: I, Stephen Lewis Wall take you, Cynthia Ann Hinson, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish until we are parted by death. This is my solemn vow.

Rafael: Cindy, take Steve by the right hand, and say to him:

Rafael: "I, Cynthia Ann Hinson take you, Stephen Lewis Wall, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish until we are parted by death. This is my solemn vow."

Cindy: I, Cynthia Ann Hinson take you, Stephen Lewis Wall, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish until we are parted by death. This is my solemn vow.

Exchange of Promises

Rafael: Now the bride and groom will exchange promises with each other that they have written.

Steve: I love you with all my heart. Never before have I ever

met anyone that has allowed me to be so completely

free, so completely myself. Never before have I ever

met anyone that I could completely share my life with.

I will be with you always.

Cindy: Today isn’t the beginning of our life together, but a continuation of a life together that has existed since before we met…a beautiful swell in the symphony of our life, and a day orchestrated by God. Without you, I am not me. Without your love, my life would be bereft of depth. With everything I am and with the whole-hearted consent and love of Jessica, Katryna, Joshua, and Zachary I commit myself as your wife, best friend and lover… with joy, honesty, and God’s help.

EXCHANGE OF WEDDING RINGS

(Rafael receives rings from Best Man and Matron of Honor.)

Rafael: The symbolic exchange of rings represents a token of the couples trust and love for one another. The rings are made from precious metal representing the value and importance we place on this commitment and promise. They are made of an unending circle representing the continuity of undying love and the unending quality of love.

Rafael: The Bride and Groom will now exchange rings as tokens of their abiding love for one another.

Rafael: Steve, place this ring on Cindy’s finger and repeat after me: "With this ring, I thee wed, and join my life to yours."

Steve: With this ring, I thee wed, and join my life to yours.

Rafael: Cindy, place this ring on Steve’s finger and repeat after me: "With this ring, I thee wed, and join my life to yours."

Cindy: With this ring, I thee wed, and join my life to yours.

UNITY CANDLE CEREMONY

Rafael: Steve and Cindy have come together this day along with their children to form not only a marriage bond, but also a new family bond, knowing that these bonds will withstand the joys and trials of the rest of their lives.

In recognition and celebration of this larger family and the new bonds created today; Steve, Cindy, Jessica, Katryna, Joshua, and Zachary will be lighting candles that represent this newly made family.

('London' Trio No. 2 In G: Andante - Allegro plays)

(Rafael lights Steve and Cindy’s candle, Steve and Cindy light the Unity candle and hug, then Jessica and Joshua light their candles from the Unity candle, place them in the holders, and hug the Bride and Groom, Katryna and Zachary light their candles from the Unity candle, place them in the holders and hug the Bride and Groom …symbolizing the union of their family in this marriage.)

(music ends)

Rafael: (to guests) As each of you behold these candles, reflect on the good wishes and hopes and dreams that you would bestow on the new couple and family.

BLESSINGS FOR THE BRIDE & GROOM

Rafael: Father, protect Steve and Cindy from anything that might harm this marriage. Give them courage when burdens come their way. Remind them to forgive one another when there are failings, and help them to maintain an awareness of the purpose of their marriage.

And that, in their old age they may love and cherish one another even more deeply than at this very moment.

(or whatever you wanna say for the blessing, Rafael!)

There is a traditional wedding blessing used by the Apache Tribe that reads:

”Now you will feel no rain,

for each of you will be the shelter for each other.

Now you will feel no cold,

for each of you will be the warmth for the other.

Now you are two persons, but there is only one life before.

Go now to your dwelling place to enter into the days of your life together.

And may your days be good and long upon the earth.

Treat yourselves and each other with respect, and remind yourselves often of what brought you together.

Give the highest priority to the tenderness, gentleness and kindness that your connection deserves.

When frustration, difficulty and fear assail your relationship - as they threaten all relationships at one time or another - remember to focus on what is right between you, not only the part which seems wrong.

In this way,

you can ride out the storms when clouds hide the face of the sun in your lives - remembering that even if you lose sight of it for a moment, the sun is still there.

And if each of you takes responsibility for the quality of your life together, it will be marked by abundance and delight.”

(The song “This I Promise You” plays, Bride and Groom stand facing each other, hand in hand )

PRONOUNCEMENT OF MARRIAGE

Rafael: Having heard the vows you have made to each other, by the authority given to me, I now pronounce you husband and wife.

May there always be such love between you, that when one cries the other tastes salt.

Rafael: You may kiss your bride.

Steve: (kisses bride, takes her hands in his)

Rafael: (places his hand over their joined hands) What we have this day wrought, let no one tear asunder.

Rafael: (To assembled guests) Ladies and Gentlemen: It is my joy and privilege to be the first to present to you Mr. and Mrs. Stephen Wall.

-Bride and Groom exit

RECESSIONAL

(A Midsummer Night’s Dream plays)

Edited by Cindy!

What a wonderful thread! First the announcement of a upcoming wedding, then the wedding song and the topper was the vows. It had me a little choked up icon_smile.gif:)-->

Congrats to the husband and wife to be, congrats to the newlyweds and congrats to David for writing those lovely words!

gc