GreaseSpot Cafe

My first new car!

Linda Z

I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna take the big plunge tomorrow and buy my first brand-spankin' new car ever.

I've always avoided new cars because of the depreciation hit you take the minute you drive off the lot. But I wanted one new car in my lifetime, and by golly, I'm gonna have me one!

I'll miss my old Ford Contour--I got her when she was a year old, and she's been the best car I ever had (I don't know why Ford had to discontinue such a great model, or I might have bought another one). She's served me well for 7.5 years and 74,000 miles, but now she's going to my son, whose I-think-I-can Isuzu Trooper w/ 170,000 miles on it got him here from Denver and then started springing leaks and leaking springs the day he arrived. (He said, "Oh well, I only prayed it would make it here. I didn't ask for anything beyond that.") icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Anyway, my new car's gonna be a sweet little Toyota Matrix XR, Indigo Ink Pearl (dreamy blue), with plenty of room for taking dogs for rides and picking up cool stuff at auctions and flea markets and garage sales....ooooh, I'm excited!

I'm sure my excitement will fade a little when I write that check every month, but I'd just spend it on somethin' else if not on this. So what the hey!

Whee!

icon_smile.gif:)--> Congratulations Linda!!! icon_smile.gif:)-->

I just bought my first new car since 1980 last month - a 2004 Ford Focus. This makes the second new vehicle I've owned in my lifetime. It beats the heck out of driving junk and wondering just when the next problem will crop up, or if you can afford to get it fixed for that matter.

Like Jim said, follow the break-in instructions, and warranty maintenance schedule, and it'll run like new 10 years from now (that's how long my GMC pick-up truck, which was the other brand new vehicle, lasted before I sold it at around 250,000 miles).

Enjoy it Linda!!! You deserve it! icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_smile.gif:)-->

Steve.

Â¥

i am so happy for you linzee !!!!!!!!!! dreamy blue !!!! someone post a pic please !!!

i had been driving my mom's '89 Oldmobile around town until a few months ago, great car. but i now have a 2002 Ford Explorer and i am happy as a clam. it's just like new. has a sun or moon(?) roof (i believe you can see both), leather interior, all this other nice stuff

i love it

i'm happy for you and for your son's new car too icon_smile.gif:)-->

Way to go, Linda. I am so happy for you. You certainly deserve it.

I was a Toyota fan for years, but hubby came along and he is a FORD fanatic. So we have had Ford F150's, Explorers, and an Expedition since we married.

My dad is a Ford man also. Making 2 men in my life happy is an easy thing to do!!! heehee

Thanks for all your congrats, everyone! I'm excited.

I like Fords, too. My last 4 cars have been Fords! But I went to check out the Focus last night, and it was a tad small for my taste, and I don't want one of their big cars.

I'll try to post a photo later.

Linda congrats. I remember my first new car way back in 74.

For all you Ford fans PZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. The last Ford I will ever buy was a 97 F150. Took it back the first week and said it had a bad engine. Two and a half years later the dealer finally agreed. But what they said was it has 53000 miles so what do you want us to do. They sugjested buying an aftermarket warranty and waiting a month. Then they would be happy to put a new engine in. I've bought 5 GM products since.

The Dealer makes the differance. Find one that backs the product and then buy from them and forget about trying to get the best deal.

Woo Hoo!!! Congratulations!!! I've only had one brand new car in my life and I felt like a princess as I drove off the lot. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I spent the first year at red lights wiping any speck of dust off my dashboard and anywhere else some may have landed. That car was spotless for the longest time! Your dogs will help you get it broken in good rather quickly, I'm sure. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Thanks, everyone. It sure is a fun car! It even has a moon roof. I keep wondering if the overhead light's on when I drive under street lights!! It has a little cover inside that I can slide shut, but I've never had a moon roof, so I like it open, just because I can.

It has a whopping 22 miles on the odometer so far. The weather sucks, or it'd have a lot more, but in a little while I'm going to drive in the 6" of snow we got this morning to see how it handles that.