GreaseSpot Cafe

Child Abuse in TWI

Mister P-Mosh

If this doesn't bother you, something's got to be wrong with you, in my opinion:

Something rotten in Alaska

Mo, don't look- you've seen it enough.

I count TEN convictions. All offenses committed under the "all seeing eye" of TWI.. ptooie.

Now I understand from another post, that TWI committed themselves to pay his bills while he was in the joint.. ptooie.

Its just getting worse and worse.

I want it back, I want it ALL back.

"They" said they'd use the money to "move da word".

"Don't worry about the money, we'll use it for what's right.."

Now I see they purportedly paid this Bas*ard's bills with it.

Wouldn't suprise me one bit if they paid his stinking lawyers out of MY ABS.

I want it back.

I have a hard time with this. I never in the 20 some years of TWI ever had anyone tell me to beat (spank more than one time) to get their attention, then tell them what they did & why they were corrected. Then you loved them up.

We had Way Corps that taught this and ran the Christian Family & Sex Class and no where did it ever say to beat a child. Exactly the opposite was taught and that came from hdqtrs.

So am I missing something here that Corpse did one thing at hdqtrs and something else on the field. This is from the 70's to the 90's.

They never taught you to beat your children, not in those terms. But they did beat us.

GB, head of Children's Activities, used to punch us with close fists. He had a real temper issue.

I had a wooden spoon BROKEN over my head once, another time it shattered on my back.

The other problem is that, in residence (Rome City AND New Knoxville), everyone had a spoon. Parents or not. Everyone had permission to use those spoons on other people's kids. So you had some people who took that green light too far. Especially people who didn't have kids.

Also many leaders were so corrupted by power, they were verbally abusive. Real drill sergants. Well imagine that rage coming thru a wooden spoon, on someone else's kid. It may have been "obe swat" to "get my attention" but that one swat could knock you out.

So, yes, they weren't taught to beat us. They just did it on their own and it became part of the culture. It wasn't everyone, but there were plenty of abusers. Especially people who had no experience with children being thrust into Children's activities jobs. There was no training, you were just thrown to the wolves.

I cannot tell you how many welts, raised bruises, blood and bumps I saw in 2 years.

More importantly, did/do they teach that parents need to love and hug their children after they spank them? If not, I think they failed.

Without the love and reassurance that the parents are spanking them out of love and what's best for them, I think the whole training session is useless.

23_20_81.gif

I never heard it, OM, but I don't have kids and so didn't really pay that much attention when they did talk about kids.

Although, I must say, spaking your kid and then turning around and hugging them seems wrong. Maybe I'm mis-understanding the teaching, but many abusive husbands beat the crap out of their wives and then turn around and send them flowers. Craig would yell, condemn, belittle and verbally abuse people and then turn around and say how much he loved us and how he yelled because he cared. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> How is spanking your kid and then hugging them immediately afterwards any different?

quote:
I cannot tell you how many welts, raised bruises, blood and bumps I saw in 2 years.

quote:
GB, head of Children's Activities, used to punch us with close fists. He had a real temper issue.

And how much of this CRAP was instigated and taught by people that otherwise did not have a CLUE in life?

A lot of those "people" didn't even HAVE kids- many of the ones I was aware of, anyway..

Kids were just another distraction in their otherwise perfect world.. just mucked up by us "breeders"..

Just another inconvenience- the answer? Beat the h*ll out of them. That'll keep em quiet.. really. Smack them until they are quiet, humble and obedient.. I have seen it practiced, on well more than one occasion.

God forbid that a kid would need to get up in the middle of a three hour meeting..

My opinion- if you have not had kids, you do not have the right to talk.

quote:
I have a hard time with this. I never in the 20 some years of TWI ever had anyone tell me to beat (spank more than one time) to get their attention

I know parents that were instructed to "beat the h*ll out of" the kids. By CLERGY.

One I know of was told, literally, to take the kid out in the wilderness where nobody could hear him scream, and beat the living .... out of him.

quote:
How is spanking your kid and then hugging them immediately afterwards any different?
Craig yelling and screaming at people, and calmly training your children to obey you, are two separate issues.

Big difference.

Have you ever read the paper "Children Fun or Frenzy"? I don't know if they were passing that out in your time but my time got that in Christian Family & Sex.

That paper talked about why the rod is biblically necessary, its proper use and function, and what the results should be.

29_3_16.gif

ihis is a laugh

i remember flying to thr roa to try and reconcile my marrage with the mother of my children.

she and our 2 year old twins were in a camper and the great man of god{woops deble}{not to names but he was the limb leader in maine d4n4 armweak} came in a gave a rather sharp tap on one of the babies bottoms for some no good reason

i asked him if i could talk to hom outside

we went and i grabbed him by his throat and told him if he or any of his touched my child again he would soon be awaiting the return.

i was quickly escourted from the flea infested corn field assh0000000s

Oh yea, I know what your saying, GJ. The time I got knocked out of my chair from a Bible to the head, the guy was all over me to hug me and pray for me. Then I got reprooved for pushing him away. What a freak.

GB could be a real jerk. He is not the one in the above incident, but the guy was under his watch. GB had no quams about hitting kids of all ages pretty damn hard but he was especially hard on the junior corps. I think he felt they needed a "heavy hand" to keep them in line. I wonder if his leaders told him to be that way or if it was just him. I can't imagine Hendr!x or Cl@pp telling him to be like that, but then again I really didn't know them that well as a kid.

Edited by lindyhopper

I honestly cannot see how anybody can justify this crap.

"Well, you may have a few cracked ribs and contusions, but look at the up side of all this. At least you won't have to go through life possessed or anything"..

"Well, thanks a LOT.."

Ptooie.

quote:
GB had no quams about hitting kids of all ages pretty damn hard but he was especially hard on the junior corps

Bastard. But just let him try that on a BOT's (or BOD's then..) kid, and he'd be: stone cold dead.

Must just be OK for everybody else..

I was once reproved by W. Cl**p for a very bad thing I did. He spoke to me in a gentle tone, but still made me feel terrible for what I had done. I was waiting for the beating but it never came. He told me how I should have handled the situation, showed me how what I did was wrong. I left that room feeling so good and yes he gave me a hug. He didn't "love me up" , he gave me a genuine arm around the shoulder. That's how it's done.

Oh by the way, I never crossed him again. Not out of fear but out of love.

Agreed Mr. Hamm.....DAMN it....we were told that our children would be *blessed* for our stand on the word.....we entrusted the most precious posession that we had to these bastards....thes a$$ holes who assured us to trust them...they told parents to focus on their training...let the people who knew what was best deal with the children.....

and NOW we find out that these pieces of fecies made their lives a living hell.

What an enormous betrayal.