GreaseSpot Cafe

Way myths

takemethere

Ozzy is a HOOT ! And anyone that has a lick of sense can tell that his so-called "evilness" is a PR ploy--whatever sells...If anyone saw the episode of the Osbournes when Sharon arranged for the big concert finale to include bubbles (a la Welk) coming from the stage...Ozzy's comment : BUBBLES ?? Jeez Sharon, I'm the friggin' prince of darkness ! BUBBLES ?

Needless to say, the bubbles stayed...HA !

When my son went to OzzFest a couple of years ago, he said Ozzy ruled the night. (A shock to him because he said he was so "old". icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->) My son was concerned about Marilyn Manson and I told him MM laughs all the way to the bank. He is a performer, not a way of life, and to view it as such and nothing more. Those poor folks caught up in the fantasy just feed that big ole bank vault he has. Shock value, nothing more.

And speaking of spooky myths, anyone recall the one with Rosemary's Baby/ Manson family/ Roman Polanski and Sharon Tate ? I recall being told that the movie was in fact reflecting the truth that Tate WAS carrying the spawn of Satan when she was so brutally murdered and Manson and co. were commissioned by Ole Scratch to get rid of it because TWI had thwarted his plans for some sort of world-takeover or somesuch. My oh my... icon_eek.gif

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't aware that kids talking to imaginary friends meant that they were talking to devil spirits.

That might have been the reason my Roman Catholic mother decided to pull me in from outside in the back yard after speaking to and offering part of my lunch to my invisible friend. Making me kneel and throwing holy water on me was not fun.

But I suppose calling my invisible friend "Beelzebub" didn't help much, either.

It always amazes me the way medical science is growing by leaps and bounds. That article said it was usually cured with Acyclovir. We didn't even have acyclovir or anything like it in 1972.

As far as I personally am concerned any time anyone gets healed of something that nasty, let alone the nasty things like cancer we see so much, it's a miracle.

WG

Don't know if this has been covered. Jim Jones and the Kolaid capper. Jonestown was a mock, ficticious story of CIA cover up. That their were not 900 plus people who commited suiside but a plan to get a top secret facility out of the country. The coffins were used to break it down, peice by peice. I got this info at Advance class of "79".

I have a few questions.

1. If it was TOP SECRET, how did TWI get the info?

2. Explain to the Family memebers where their love ones are.

3. If this really did happen (which I don't buy) Why put your organization at risk for being a target by the Gov't, to keep this info concelled.

It appears once again the attention that TWI drew to itself as being the only source for globle truth. That their take is absolute and from Gods perspective. How ARROGANT.

well imbus, we got filled with that stuff in residence that year... veepee got a lot of his stuff from some radical conspiracy magazine (or group) that he subscribed to... I'm sure somebody knows the name... if you look at their historical "predictions and claims" I'd bet that they go right along with what veepee was saying at the time... (for the most part)... ya know the man never had an original idea (oops! IMO)... he just built a better "game"...

I am SO going to plagiarize that (or re-plagiarize, as the case may be) on a regular basis.

From henceforth, the Board of Whatevers of TWI shall be known as The Keepers Of Odd Knowledge Society!

Dittos.

In general tales of miraculous and profound

healings were numerous and widely circulated

but always in the third person. I never met anyone who was the subject of these healings

(the blind could see, limbs regrew, people

were instantly cured from cancer). And furthermore I was discouraged from seeking out

these people who had received these miracles.

Why ? Perhaps these miracles were exagerrated ?

Perhaps they never in fact occurred ?

I ran into lots of people for whom the word miracle had become very watered down in terms of

definition. People with sore throats were claiming miracles simply because someone prayed for them and three days later they were all better ! Err....Okay if you say so but I think

that time and rest were the cause of the "miracle".

And then once I was told to come to Twig so I could talk to someone who just that very day had

experienced a REAL mircale. So man I was there like one hour ahead of time and I had to wait

till after Twig to find out what the miracle was. So ready ? This person who had expressed

interest in PFAL had been $20 short for the "donation" (why did they call it that ?)

and at the last minute (actually about 10 days before the class was to start) this lady's uncle

gave her a twenty. And this was being touted as

a TOTALLLY REAL miracle of God and was used

to illustrate that God wanted this person , and

everyone, to take PFAL.

Don't let people cheapen the concept of miracle

for you. Keep that standard high - that way when

one does happen you will definitely know it.

I don't remember specifics... (it was a long time ago) but I can remember "ministering" to people and coming up with things "out of the blue" that the folks sometimes would acknowledge... sometimes not... sometimes people would be "healed", sometimes not... I guess it depended on the you and the person...

I don't know how it's done today, but back then someone would just say "I need ministering to"... no specifics, no hints... and if you're believing was up to it, you just said "sure"... I don't know about blind people seeing, or limbs growing back... but folks got healed...

If it was true, there was no need to categorize it as "major" or "minor"... but there was deliverance (not the banjo kind)...

quote:
I once had someone get their tax refund check in time to register for a class. That was somehow God's master plan unfolding as well.

I experienced that "miracle" myself. I got my tax refund just in time for the class and it was almost the exact amount of the "donation."

Praise the Lord!!

I should have used that money to get new tires for my car, like I originally planned.

Tom Strange said:

don't know how it's done today, but back then someone would just say "I need ministering to"... no specifics, no hints... and if you're believing was up to it, you just said "sure"...

>>

This is also how I remember it. As you said

there might be some acknowledgement

that what you said as you ministered was

in the ballpark whereas other times there

were entire misses. Once I was ministering to

a guy and got it in my mind that his appendix

was infected so I mentioned that and then he started laughing a little bit. In my puffed up

Way brain I though he was just thrilled that

I had nailed his problem. Afterwards the guy told me he had his appendix removed years ago.

And once someone was ministering to me and

told me to stand up straight and had this trumphant smile like he had uncovered some

exotic malady !!!

Please understand that I'm talking about those

major healings as mentioned - blind seeing,

amputees growing limbs - these were things I

was told were happening on a routine basis yet

I could never find solid evidence of any of

this and furthermore I was discouraged from doing so - "Leave them alone they've been through enough". The biblical precendent for

miracles involves the recipient willingly sharing his/her miracle to give god the glory.

In TWI they wanted credit for these mindblowing

miracles without backing it up.

I will say this - that before my time with TWI up until my earliest days with TWI (before I had PFAL or any of that) I encountered situations with a friend

of mine which were pretty hair-raising in

terms of accuracy during ministering but we were unable to repeat that as we progressed

in our "walk" with TWI. I've often felt that

perhaps the religion of TWI put a damper on

that "pipeline".