GreaseSpot Cafe

Top 10 Most Boring things about TWI

JustThinking

• Subject covered on Sunday Teaching Tape by main teacher
  • Subject reviewed the following week by secondary teacher (in case you lost your f**kin* tape I guess)
  • Subject taught in fellowship meeting
  • Subject as taught on Sunday teaching tape reviewed in fellowship meeting
Gee, is FOUR TIMES ENOUGH to cover one stupid subject?

And as was mentioned before, it was often a chapter from a book or a class segment that was the subject anyway.

icon_mad.gificon_eek.gif AUGH!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow... I'm glad I got out so long ago... heck, back then we used to teach on whatever we were inspired to teach on... didn't even have to have ANY PFAL in it...

Reverend2T's... thou doest make mine heart weep... ah... the reflections of your mind...

I remember, actually I remember very little, but I remember at the ROA at the end of our first year... I was working one of the follow spots in the main tent... up in the crow's nest high above the crowd... it was OK during the music stuff, we had to do a lot of different shots... but during the teaching... on a hot, muggy August night in Cornpone, Ohio... in a freaking three piece suit... (yes, wool... but 'summer weight'... yeah!)... then the teaching would begin... I'm telling ya, I almost took a header off of there two or three times a night when I would nod off...

It was hard to be inconspicuous about it when you bumped the spotlight as it kept you from falling into the crowd...

Back when I was involved, every person at twig was given a turn to teach on different nights. It seems that every twig I was a part of had somebody that had no business ever trying to "teach". Those were the most boring nights imaginable. Some new guy with a lower than average IQ. and a "reading handicap" would painstakingly read 4 chapters from the book of Samuel and then "expound" on it.

Those were the nights that I usually pulled a 12 pack of cold beer out of the fridge after fellowship just to take the "edge" off.

TWIG CO. MEETINGS.....boring and every damn Saturday so don't plan anything cuz these meetings are mandatory, oh God I missed so many of my sons baseball games because Mr. Big Shot had to teach some boring crap that I heard a thousand times. I just wanted to flip him the bird and say kiss my foot and get up and go to son's game which was sooo exiting.

quote:
These anal-retentive tasks all of us in the corps went through were very similar to "shadowing" the "leaders"; paying close attention to the slightest movement, the faintest inflection of their voice, for surely THEY were walking with God

Tom -- that one hits close to home, and reminds me of my LEAD time. I forget who the "leader" for our LEAD session was there in the Black Hills of South Dakota, back in '84 -- but he walked with his hands clasped in front of him, and didn't support his backpack with his hands (like any normal person would do).

Before you knew it, everyone (myself included) were hiking along with both hands clasped in front of us, trying to ignore the pain caused by the back-pack's shoulder straps which were digging into our neck & shoulders.

After all -- He was the leader, and if he could "walk that way", so could we. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

quote:
Originally posted by Raf:

Did anyone else like to do "Father counting" during prayers?

Some of our prayers had more fathers than the Vatican.

"Father I just want to thank you Father for your love for us Father. And Father I thank you for your Word, Father, for your grace, Father and your peace reigning in our lives Father..."

Actually, I liked to get specific...

I liked to count "Thank you Father"s. Didn't count unless it was that exact phrase.

Could make for a drinking game with the tapes off the teachings, I bet.

Every time they say "Thank you Father", everyone takes one drink.

(Minors may drink soda.)

This gives me an idea....

Word Woff, I'm glad you brought this up. . .

when i pray (talk to my God) i find myself "thanking" God for this and that and then I'll stop and just let "him" (although I think God has no gender as much as men would like to think so -- not you, but some men) know that I don't just want to thank "Him" for everthing. . . sounds stupid to me now.

but actually, it's nice to talk everything over with my God.

I don't like to call my God "Him" how can a spirit be a "him?" hmmm . . . . sounds like a job for. . . .SUPERMAN!!!

quote:
I had one work assignment where for 2 weeks I did nothing all afternoon but brush the outside of Kenyon auditorium, which was made of some stone-like material, with a steel wired brush. And it wasn't even dirty or in need of cleaning, so I couldn't tell where I left off the day before.

quote:
God...I shadowed our then Trunk leader, Vince, one day. I sat in front of his desk, took detailed notes on everything, etc. How weird and stupid was I, as well as Vince, for allowing that?
i am embarrassed for us

and laughing my a$$ off also

Sometimes it's hard for me to distinguish between being bored and feeling so foreign in those situations, like, "What the eff am I DOING HERE??".

I remember during our wonderful corps nights, everyone sitting "top-floor Wierwille", hundreds of us, watching VP-IN-ME sitting at the desk in the front, picking at his teeth, sipping his "coffee", adjusting his glasses, letting out a hissing noise, like some panoramic vision was about to take place. Everyone's eye trained on the MOG. How stupid. Exie speaks the truth - I am em-bare-assed for us all. Well, I could tell you more, but Father says "Wierwille, shut up!!" ...

Yeah, like he was privy to our innermost secrets. Which must be why he had us write "From birth to the corps".

Trying to remember all those dam* things lcm said we were supposed to pray for (that we still have to pray for, btw).

- our country

- our leaders

- our military

- the root

- the bot

- open doors/hungry hearts

geez, i hafta look them up again - what a bad little wayfer I am.

I hate it when they call on me to pray for rosie and the gang.

Yeah, and praying for the BOT, guys I never met, who didn't know me from Adam, whose actual function I had no clue of....yeah, I really wanted to pray for them.

And that whole sheet of a lift list they passed out at some big event.....BORING. must have been like 50 things on it. Yeah, I'm gonna pray for all those things every frikin day.

Someone already mentioned it, but those damn retemories were terribly boring and at times terrifying. We all crammed them into our heads, had to be word for word perfect, or it wasn't good enough.

Lcm would routinely tear a person apart if they missed a single word. Public humiliation and extrememe verbal abuse in front of hundreds, making an example of them. It wasn't enough that you understood their definitions of manifestations...you had to use the exact same words when describing them or you were treated like a complete bufoon. There were many days that I would sit and sweat it out, hoping he wouldn't call on me....

Boring = reading LCM's book on the book of Acts.

I could never get past the first few pages...

BORING BORING BORING BORING...COMPLETE DRIVEL!

Oh, I forgot one more thing...I remember one time being sent out to the back 40 at Uselessoria, Kansas to an empty plowed up field. This field looked like a field that had been trampled by a few bulldozers and the dirt was hardened and in huge clumps all over the place.

They had us sit there in the blazing heat... coming from where I came from .. it was like an inferno! Well, our job was to sit there with shovels, spades and rakes and break down the clumps. It was USELESS work. It wasn't like they were getting ready to till the field either. It was busy work. I kept thinking.. what the he!! am I doing here? I'm an intelligent person... how low have I gone?

icon_confused.gif:confused:-->