GreaseSpot Cafe

What's the dumbest thing LCM ever said?

GeorgeStGeorge

I've gotten bolder now, so I thought I'd start a thread. What's the dumbest thing you ever actually heard LCM say?

I've got many possibilities to choose from, but I think my personal pick would be when, at the ROA teaching from Exodus, he said that if the midwives were lying about the male Hebrew births, then it was because God told them to! The Big Tent actually went silent for a couple of seconds! Shortly after the "teaching," another member of my Twig expressed his awe at the new "revelation." I simply mentioned that in the Bible it says that it is impossible for God to lie.

Okay then, how about some others? (And no fair popping in VPW quotes. Save that for another thread!)

George "I don't need no stinkin' pseudonym" St. George

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garth... your to funny.

For me it wasn't what he said as how it was said. Just reminded me of a John Wayne/John Travata wanna be. Come across as sincere as JW but in tights, with a splash of Archie Bunker.

Ten years later, more Archie, no tights and a tidal wave of Hugh Heffner.

Guess I was too 5 sences minded. Never could get pass the looks or the mannerisms.

"If you only give 9% then God won't spit in your direction!"

That was in the early 90's. It's on a tape because that's where I heard it.

Another stupid quote is the "go until you break glass" one-liner which I never understood.

His use of numerous, really mean terms for homosexuals in the main tent at ROA '95. Terms like "rump ranger" and "pillow biter." I had my kids there for goodness sakes! Even if it wasn't the last one, I certainly wouldn't have had them back anyway. So much for a "family" event.

Garth,

I can remember when he said something that was quite logical. It was something like quitting and going back to pumping gas!

To bad he wasn’t *smart* nuff to follow through....... icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

And St George dude, when did weakness ever bring down strength??? I think about Jesus hanging with sinners, weak ones and then also David hung out with the losers and turned them into the mighty men..........

Grizz,

Well, let's see. There was Eve bringing down Adam, Ahab bringing down Jehoshaphat, Delilah bringing down Samson, Solomon's wives bringing Solomon down, and those are just the biblical references that come to mind without careful deliberation. There are plenty of secular examples, too. As I recall, LCM said that weakness brings down strength, "unless strength is very good." The examples you cite are evidence of that.

I'm obviously no big fan of LCM, but not everything he said was stupid.

On a slightly different tack, I think the dumbest thing LCW did was to put all the Corps on salary. Beyond the problem of giving the Corps far too much time to meddle in other people's lives, it was financially devastating. Putting people who could have been contributing $ on the payroll (while kicking out almost everybody else who was contributing) was either 1.) believing for a miracle, or 2.) incredibly stupid. I believe history has shown the latter to be true.

George

quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeStGeorge:

quote:
Originally posted by Bob:

"Weakness brings down strength."

I'm not sure that that was dumb. In a lot of cases, it's quite true.

It was

"Weakness ALWAYS brings down strength."

Often, when you spot qualifiers like "every time", "always", "never", or

"none", you spot an error right next to it.

Hey St. George,

maybe a thread on this subject would be good. Because if weakness always brings down strength as WordWolf pointed out, then our natural nature would always win.

Perhaps a new thread would be in order to stop derailing this one.

Really dumb things, what was that in AOS where the minister stands in the gap between followers and the devil? Been so long I can’t remember.........

Why do I ever think lcm even came up with the STUPID things on his own?

He couldn't even make up the MORONIC sayings on his own!

The phrase "athletes of the spirit" was ripped off the Fellowship of

Christian Athletes....

Here's something I just found when I remembered the EXACT way the sentence

went.....

==================================

This is from the Official Website of the Baltimore Ravens,

http://www.baltimoreravens.com

September 2, 2002. GASH ADDS TO RAVENS' POWER SURGE.

By Adam H. Beasley.

Sam Gash has a brutally simple philosophy to playing foorball.

"Go until you hear glass break," Gash said.

That's the goal. That truly is the goal. I think that's what Alan [Ricard]

does and that's what I've been doing for a while."

Gash, the 11th-year fullback who re-signed with the Ravens over the Labor

Day weekend, has made his name in the NFL with that ethos.

Now, he's trying his best to pass it along to his successor.

===========================================================

I STILL don't know what it means, but at least now I suspect it has something

to do with being a run-blocker in football.

Eve having lesbian sex as the origin sin tops my list.

Posted by GSG

quote:
I simply mentioned that in the Bible it says that it is impossible for God to lie.
Aparantly God has a loophole to get around that annoying little restriction. He gets humans to do the lying for him. This way God gets off on a technicality and your whole bible does not fall apart.