GreaseSpot Cafe

Drop Kicked from Corps

skyrider

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on my interim year in the 10th corps...my wife and I were sent to Gastonia, North Carolina...

I came home from a meeting and she was gone...left a note she did...

after 3 days, I called Martindale...he handed me my walking papers and booted me out of the corps...

He was harsh with me...told me to "find a twig somewhere and keep in touch"...

At that moment, it all became clear to me...I told him to go "F" himself and hung up...never looked back...

it was one of the most liberating experiences of my life.

LOL...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.sgn.org/sgnnews36_03/pictures/Crumb%2520(WinCE).jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.sgn.org/sgnnews36_03/page20AE.cfm&usg=__djkV1AHXM8_KJeWKakw8TqXgF7g=&h=320&w=235&sz=21&hl=en&start=211&zoom=1&tbnid=-DJaXiHdh2YF1M:&tbnh=175&tbnw=126&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dr%2Bcrumb%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D677%26tbs%3Disch:10,8114&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=795&vpy=316&dur=2564&hovh=256&hovw=188&tx=131&ty=212&ei=29PETPC-LoT58AacqbjwBg&oei=cdPETJTSB8SBlAeytYkE&esq=16&page=16&ndsp=14&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:211&biw=1024&bih=677

So the manner in which the Way treats the vast majority of its leadership training program graduates actually is a pretty good baseline for the health of the organization. It turns on its own. It eats its own young. There simply are very few organizations, Christian, or otherwise that displays this kind of self-destructive behavior.

Colleges certainly do not. People are proud to recognize their "alma mater". Not so with TWI. I certainly would be ashamed to mention my "education" at their hands among the vast majority of Christian groups, especially if the name of the organization is known.

From a broader perspective, those that TWI "drop-kicked" from the Corps they were doing a favor. No more years of your life will they consume like a locust.

I knew you were going to post that song. :)

I was on my interim year in the 10th corps...my wife and I were sent to Gastonia, North Carolina...

after 3 days, I called Martindale...he handed me my walking papers and booted me out of the corps...

At that moment, it all became clear to me...I told him to go "F" himself and hung up...never looked back...

Geeze! I didn't even get a note! Just an empty apartment. Seems like 2 or 3 lifetimes ago.

I'm sorry to hear about your marriages. I'm glad you're out of TWI, though.

I seem to have developed this unenviable talent of killing threads. Three in the last week. Hmmm. Kind of like that cat that was in the news a few months ago. The cat was owned by a nursing home. Whenever it would make its way into a patient's room, the patient would die soon thereafter.

"meow!"

I seem to have developed this unenviable talent of killing threads. Three in the last week. Hmmm. Kind of like that cat that was in the news a few months ago. The cat was owned by a nursing home. Whenever it would make its way into a patient's room, the patient would die soon thereafter.

"meow!"

Threads don't die, they just go into hibernation.

"meow!"

You're miscategorizing yourself AND the cat.

If you're the last one with someone to say for now, then that's what it is.

As for the cat, some people found it a comfort for this cat (if it's the same one)

to be there in their final hours.

Nobody's sure what the connection is-what is drawing the cat- but the cat seems to

do not harm and may help the patient's mood.

Threads don't die, they just go into hibernation.

Some of them come back YEARS later.

Most messageboards don't like someone bringing up old threads-

it's called "necro'ing"- but here, it's accepted policy- so long as there's a reason

to do it- someone asked about the subject, or someone had something else to say on the

subject.

I wish I could have a 5-minute do-over. I'd love to go back in time and tell p.mosqueda a similar thing to what you

told martindale and punch him square in his lying nose for the false accusations he laid on my son and me.

Oh, and that other slimy lieface back in my home area that thought it helpful to tell my precious former mother-in-law

at a garage sale where other local townspeople who knew her could hear that her grandson was a "child molesting homo"

and wanted in 5 states... Him, I'd like to rip limb from limb. That might take a couple more than 5 minutes, but oh man,

I've dreamed of that more than once! Fortunately, she smelled bullsh*it frm a mile away and never for one second

believed his lies. I shouda listened to her back when she told me this outfit was rotten...

Ah jeez...just read this thread.

Echoes of all that I also went through. The early 90s under LCM was a particularly cruel time.

Thank God I found this place. Think I'd still be a basket case otherwise.

'bout the only thing I'd disagree with on this thread is where someone said, once they kick you out, the locust (TWI) can't steal any more years.

Well if they've stolen enough of your ability to think, your self-esteem, your confidence in God, in life, in ... everything....so that you can't hardly move - they're still stealing your years. Still being locusts.

What kills locusts? I found this on the net: What kills locusts

("Biological locust sprays ...are a solution for destroying locusts on organic properties and in national parks. They work by killing locusts with spores from a fungus, which grows inside the insect.")

One hopes that the dissent from within will soon kill off the remains of that locust in NK.

Waiter, pass the locust spray!!!

post-1745-072820800 1288223856_thumb.jpg

Groucho you said

The thing that is so sad to me is, when your wife left it must have been shocking, life-changing, painful and bewildering. Just when the "church" should come and minister to you in love TWI was there to put salt in the wound.

"We will know they are Christians by their love." Food for thought

You're miscategorizing yourself AND the cat.

If you're the last one with someone to say for now, then that's what it is.

As for the cat, some people found it a comfort for this cat (if it's the same one)

to be there in their final hours.

Nobody's sure what the connection is-what is drawing the cat- but the cat seems to

do not harm and may help the patient's mood.

Some of them come back YEARS later.

Most messageboards don't like someone bringing up old threads-

it's called "necro'ing"- but here, it's accepted policy- so long as there's a reason

to do it- someone asked about the subject, or someone had something else to say on the

subject.

Actually there were some who didn't like the cat but really, I was only half serious. It just so happened I had posted on a few threads fairly recently and they ended and I saw a bit of humor in it, that's all. I realize it wasn't exactly gut-busting, knee-slapping humor. It was merely an attempt at pleasantry. Thank you for your concern, however.

Its because we have an eternal cat here.

it has its advantages, disadvantages..

"necromancy".. ha!

:biglaugh:

I only have two dead cats buried in the back yard..

I hope Jesus doesn't drop kick them in the after-life..

hopefully they are doing cat things, that they enjoy..