GreaseSpot Cafe

Non twi teachers

C.S. Lewis, Jay Adams, John MacArthur, Norman Geisler, Karen Armstrong, John Walvoord, Alister McGrath, J.I. Packer, John Stott, Jonathan Edwards, D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones, Rick Warren, Chuck Swindoll, Millard Erickson, R.C.H. Lenski, Grant Osborne, Dave Hunt, Walter Elwell, F.F. Bruce, Max Anders, J.C. Ryle, Francis Schaeffer, and William Hendricks.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone read Prayer and/or What's so Amazing About Grace by Philip Yancey? Incredibly neat books. Also, The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne changed my thinking 180 about money and Jesus. Maybe that should be Jesus and money. Not together, separately. You know. Changed my mind about how I thought about Jesus and changed my mind about .... I know, you get it!

Great teachers/preachers:

k

(Sadhu) Sundar Sing, Watchmen Nee, and Americans Bill Gothard (Basic only) and Dobson.......

Mother Theresa, and Catherine Kuhlman.

these were all Biblical greats.................. <_<

cant beat these peoples goods.....................

Edited by sky4it

• 2 weeks later...

AnotherDan

I am back.

I must add James Merrick to my list.

Personally, I don't care much for Copeland, Osteen, et. al. They are of the word faith movement and the prosperity gospel. If you get something edifying out of them. fine. but see how they live as well.

C.S. Lewis, Watchman Nee, Donald Barnhouse, Paul Tillich (his book on Christian history is fascinating), Thomas Merton, Black Elk, Deitrich Bonhoeffer and lately - Soren Kierkegaard - he was a prophet without honor in his own land, great writings.

I also like fun and whacked out writers regarding Nephilim, Book of Enoch, Sitken, what are UFO's - really, Pangea - things to read about when I want light, little thought, hmm - that's interesting - could it be?? stuff.

I go to an Anglican church. This guy Mike Riches came along and taught for a weekend. It was really dynamic. A lot of the same sort of stuff that TWI in its better appearances might have taught, but deeper and VERY tenderly. Trinitarian, but not a big slant on that. Big into spiritual warfare but a different slant from TWI. The couple seem very modest and humble.

http://www.jesusministryintl.org/