GreaseSpot Cafe

John Lynn leaves CES?

wwjesuslaughat

quote:
I came to TWI but as I recall in reality I got excited over all the hot hippie babes I met.

Hmmmm, why does that seem so familiar?

Shaz,

Yeah, put the furniture back. But if your driveway slopes towards the house, I think it's still a good idea to build a wall at the end to keep the evil spirits from flowing into your front door. Hey, you can't be too safe...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, Geo. And I'll keep the mezuzah on the front door, just so's I cover all the bases, just in case.

HCW and Al, no way am I judging JAL over getting a divorce. I'm divorced twice, and I'd sure like to be thought of as credible when I say something pithy (which happens every few months or so). I'm just saying that the time I DID talk to him via email sounded just like his postings here, like commercials for his product. And the interest in me definitely waned when I wasn't buying.

Regards,

Shaz

Hey Al and H I'll save all the nice words you can both go jump. I'm sure CES would accept yall both at there next meeting. Maybe you can attend to your ministry like john is doing.

Hey John get a real job. maybe by the grace of God you might learn something of value instead of the crap you are serving. Al and h are eating it up looks like. I'm sure oldies would have a dish if you don't require a tithed.

HCW,

In my humble opinion, your last post was out of line. This is neither a Christian forum and nor is it a place for good ole reproof and correction. It is an open discussion forum. If you want to discuss judgement, people's standing before God, and His Word as it hasn't been taught for centuries, take it to the Doctrine forum.

John has been repeatedly asked to come, talk about what he's doing and answer questions about his ministry.

He declines.

*IF* we would have questioned VPW's and LCM's ministry, we would have saved ourselves years of our lives and the guilt of knowing we followed and supported preachers with feet of clay.

So if John's image has been tarnished, and his integrity questioned, let him step forward and answer to his accusers. That's a damn sight more generous than what some corps suffered at his hand, from what I've read.

I don't despise John though in the past, I have been been quite harsh in my posts toward him.

So John, if you're reading this, I hope you accept my humble apologies for my past harsh words, even if I may not agree with you in your present ideas, or in your approach in the promotion your material.

I must confess, I had become irritated awhile back by the fact that someone had been coming to this forum to promote your teachings, when I think an open discussion with you of your teachings would have more preferred and even beneficial.

When I come to this forum, like anyone else here, I express my opinions, whether anyone agrees or disagrees, or be they ultimately right or wrong. I would prefer to stand or fall by I say; but I am also kind of strange, in the fact that often I tend to become rather uncomfortable and nervous if anyone actually agrees with anything I say. Perhaps that's why I never aspired to the ranks of Way "leadership". I'de prefer to see people reach their own conclusions than simply "follow a leader" in any given area.

In any event, this forum can be a great "equalizer", where we might all stand on the same ground. There are no "leaders" or "followers" here. In that regard I even imagine this forum to be a better illustration of "the mystery" than the Way ever was. And despite how colorful discussions may become here, the edifying aspects of this forum cannot be overlooked (especially with the "Prayer" section as of recent, which has personally meant a lot to me, as I know it does to others).

In any event, I wish John well.

Danny

Hi you all. FirSt of all Let me tell you. I say that because we are all here for one reason, that one common deanmanater. I don't have to say it, because we all know what thaT IS. twi. 1972 5 YEARS FROM MY 40THS BIRTHDAY. i HAD THREE KIDS. i HAD GIVEN THE PREVIOUS YEARS TO PROPAGATING THE MINESTRY OF V.P.WEREWILLE. i WAS INDENPENT OF THE WIN. v.P. HAD NO LEGAL AUTHOIRTY OVER MY MINESTRY. hE SET IT UP THIS WAY. tHIS IS WHAT HE TAUGHT IN PALF CLASS. eACH MINESTRY WAS TO BE INDEPEND OF THE TWI. i DON'T WANT TO GO INTO A LOT OF STORIES TONIGHT, AND I HAVE PLENNTYL tHE MOST IMPORTANT THING i CAN SAY, IS OUR LORD, AND GODS WORD IS SO MUCH BIGGER THEN ALL OF THE DILOGE THAT WE MAY ALL BE FEALING. I DO THINK IT IS PART OF THE HEALING PROSSES, TO VERBLIZE OUR FEELINGS, EMOTIONS. LAY THEM OUT ON THE TABLE. wHEREEVER WE ARE IN THIS OF GETTING OUR LIFES BACK.IT iS A REALLITY. tHIS IS NOT A GAME, WE ALL WENT THROUGH A VERE EMOTIONAL, SPIRITUAL, LIFE TIME COMMENTMENT. SOMETHING THAT NONE OF US HAD EVER EXPERIENCED, BEFORE. oH, WE MAY HAVE OUR PLEDGE TO THE GIRL SCOUTS OR THE BOY SCOUTS, OR ANY OTHER ORG. tHAT THE DEPTH OF WHAT WE HAD COMMITED TO. oUR COMMENTMENT TO THE WORD, WAS A VERY DIFFENT PROMISE, SOMETHING WE HAD NEVER PLEAGED BEFORE IN OUR LIFETIME. wE MADE A COMMENTMENT, TO THE WORD OF GOD, NOT TO A MAN OR A BODY OF MEN. oUR PROMISE iS,AND ALWALSE HAS BEEN TO OUR LORD AND OUR LOVE TO HIM, THE, KING OF KINGS, THE LORD OF ALL, PRAISE HIS HOLLY NAME, AND KNOW THAT HE IS IN CHARGE, SO WAKE UP MY BROTHERS AND MY PREASIONS SISTER. tHE lORD IS AS MUCH ALIVE TODAY AS THE FIRST DAY HE CAME INTO YOUR LIFE. rejoice, I SAY REJOICE REJOICE, THE LORD HAS RIESEN, REJOICE, REJOICE. wITHOUT THE RESERECTION, THIER WOULD BE NO CHIRISTANY, FOR IT'S OUR BELIEFE THAT GOD RAISED JESUS FROM THE DEAD. WITHOUT THE BELIEFF OF THE BELIEVING OF THE RESERRECTION, ONE CAN'T BE SAVED, AND IS DOOMED TO A LIFE IN HELL. THIS IS MY POSITVIE EASTER MESSAGE. WHICH IS EITHER GET YOUR LIFE IN ORDER WITH GOD OR LIVE YOUR LIFE IN THE PIT OR DO YOU HAVE THE COURAGE TO BRING YOURSELF TO A HIGHER PLAN. PLEASE BRING IT ON.

jIMMY DOOP

EMAILJDOOP@MYWAY.COM, i HAVE MORE SO MUCH MORE.

DEAR DWEET BROTHER in Christ.

Oh how life goes on. I can'do as good job has our Lord, but I am a close second, ok , would you believe in a third place finished? How about showing up evene if it's a few days late. You know how much I love you. You have always been there for me, like gettin a prayer chain that went around, when the Dr,s, said I was not going to live, and called in my family from accross the country,but to alls amaozement, Icame back, from deaths door, to be apart of the hummend race.I know, that the prayers that you generaded along with others, gave back my life. I am still working on why. In many respect

I wanted to so much to be with my Lord, so thier must be something else I must do. John; that to do right now seemes to be the sweet sixteen. I have no idea who you are cheering for, but I would like for you to keep tour AZ.U.

They may take it all the way. Now you and I go all the way back to the 60's betting on our favorit teems and over the years as I recall I WON and you Lost most of our bets

WHO DO YOU PICK? Its time to suck it up by the bootstraps. COME ON BIG BOY. who ARE YOU GOING TO PUT YOUR MONEY ON.

i LOVE YOU. YOU CAN SEND @ EMAIL JDOOP@ MYWAY.COM OR 520 731 8263. i' AM HERE WITH YOU.

tHERE IS AN OLD GREEK SAYING, THAT SAYS ". bE GRAYSIOUS,BUT DON'T LET THEM RUB YOUR NOISE IN IT" hOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU

Hmmm, you won? Okay, if you say so. I'll split the difference - WE WON. We're here, we're still breathing and that alone is cause for a toast, hey? WE FRIGGIN' LIVED to tell the story! They can't tell me there's no God! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> And He's got a sense of humor too, that's for sure.

Jim E. , there's a side of me that isn't quite sure if this is the Jim E. Doop from the Haight I met with Howie in the 60's, but if it is brother, you know. You know. We've seen the bottom of the dark pit and hung our legs over the side and thought what the hell, it'll be a short ride down. But God makes a way, yes He does, a better way.

What made you pick this thread? Dunno, doesn't matter. Welcome. icon_cool.gif

WordWolf, between his phone number and socks' recognition, I think his credentials are as good as you're gonna get, short of Pawtucket doing the Greasespot DNA test. Besides that, a quick read kinda tells me his voice is coming right through the words. People who know him (though I don't) seem to hear it.

Yes it is, just spoke to him a little while ago at that number. I hope he finds more time to share his thoughts here. Jim married my wife and I. (y'know, the ceremony) He had a strong, positive impact on our lives at the time. He was a friend. We were kids. I didn't fully recognize it at the time but Jim, you were that rare person who, when you shake it all out, gave a lot more than you took. Love ya!

Wow, you guys go waaay back. Socks were you and Jim at Woodstock by any chance? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Jim I met you once in Maine when a bunch of us flew there with VPW on Ambassador One, 1978 I think.

It was a nice house, almost an estate. Reminded me of a mini HEadquarters. You guys treated us as royalty, Maine Lobster, steak dinner and all. That evening you and VPW were going on and on as old friends on stage. He taught.... but in a way I kinda wanted you to teach because you were more interesting, and I wanted to hear what you had to say. I had heard the rumors of course as many of us latter Corps did.

Here was the spin by the time it got to us who came later. You were an early follower of TWI, Haight Ashbury scene, etc. Early days of TWI. Began moving the Word dynamically. But got greedy and wanted to do your own thing. Unfortunately VPW had to let you go. You were then "tripped out". (Remember that dumbass phrase?)

Then you came back to TWI and VPW sympathized and gave you another chance and sort of let you be in a leadership position because he was such a nice man of God who loved you so much. Honestly it semed at that point you fell into the spiritual corruption that befell many of you top leaders. That's all I want to say about that.

Even back then I had a feeling there was much more to the spin than that. Still do.

Anyway, God bless you and your loved ones. I like you attitude. And welcome! Stay for coffee and dessert.

PS - for what its worth I like John Lynn but that's just me. Didn't know him that well or had many dealings with him but liked some of what he said and did. And he seems to be trying to do good in this world as are some of the others at CES. That's more than I can say for myself a lot of times.

John Richeson

Tampa, FL

Email address is: jrich7 at Verizon DOT NET

Hi Jim:

Hope you are doing well in Arizona and are in good health. I will let our mutual friend Peter Churchill know that you have posted here. I will see him again this Friday night for our weekly bible study.

All the best to you brother.

Regards,

Mark

I find it interesting that John Lynn is no longer on staff at CES. The person who founded CES is no longer on staff?

John Lynn said "I resigned as an employee in January because it was what I needed to do now in order to achieve my long term goal of being totally involved in ministering to the many people God is continuing to bring to this wonderful ministry, of which I am still very much an active part."

I find it hard to believe that John Lynn would not be better at doing this on staff. John Lynn on staff is going to accomplish more than John Lynn working a job to accomplish the goal of ministering.

My best guess and it is a guess is that the person who is running CES, for whatever reason, would not let John Lynn go back to ministering through CES as a staff member at this time. John Lynn wanting to get back to ministering resigned from staff so he could.