GreaseSpot Cafe

Where does LCM send his own abundant sharing?

GrouchoMarxJr

...I mean, would he send it to a ministry that defrocked him and ran him off?

Would he send it to a denomination that he has been so harsh towards?

Certainly, Loy C. Martinfail must be sending his ABS to somebody! icon_eek.gif ...because he knows that if he doesn't send that money every week...he is in deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep doodoo.

Anybody got any guesses?

If they did abs, they probably gave themselves a 20% raise in salary and then simply turned it back over...

...but like so many other things, the top "leadership" considered themselves exempt from having to do the things that the rest of us "grunts" had to do...

...another indication that they didn't even believe their own bull....?

This actually IS a rather interesting question. If LCM still thinks of himself as the MOGFOT, then he would not be giving anything. If he has decided that all the tithing stuff he ran down everyone's throat was a scam, then he wouldn't give anything. But, if by some odd quirk he actually BELIEVED what he taught, he should be giving to TWI, because it is, after all, the one true ministry of God. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> wink2.gif;)-->

George

quote:
...I was just wondering where he sends in his ABS...afterall, he wouldn't want God to not spit in his direction...
He is faithfully storing 15% of his paycheck in a separate back account. Upon his return to twi or another church, he will make one lump sum donation of "God's Money". Therefore the "hedge" never departed.

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Here's a possible answer: when I was on interim Corps staff at TWI HQ in 1983-84, we were told we did not have to ABS out of our measly $100 a month (nor did any of the other folks on Staff, as I recall) ... the thought was: if you are being paid on a need basis, then why should they go to the trouble of adding an extra 15% of your salary just so you could give it back to those who gave it to you. I would be willing to bet that Craig is still receiving some money from the Way, and there would be no need for him to ABS out of that, according to their own policy.

Don't know if things have changed since then, but maybe others who were on Staff after 1984 could speak to that question ...