GreaseSpot Cafe

Inside a Cult...this next Tuesday on Dr Phil

CoolWaters

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the H E 1 1 have you been?? icon_cool.gif

I saw the promo for that. I'm very interested in what it will really be about. Most of the time those things are about some really extreme group that's so obviously messed up that it's not relevant to anything wayfers experience. icon_frown.gif:(-->

I wish they would do something on your "normal seeming" cults like TWI. I had fun thinking about what it would be like if I got my ex on Dr. Phil to talk about our marriage and TWI. LOL! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Belle,

Hiya! I've been down with pneumonia these last few weeks. Just starting to get over it a little bit. It was scary!!!!

Yeah...I fantasize about getting a whole bunch of folks on Dr Phil...or maybe even Jerry, tee hee...and it's such a satisfying fantasy!!!! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Zshot...

Johnny...

Y'all are just tryin' to start trouble, arencha? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Well, I for one say it's unAmerican and unPatriotic if you don't like/don't watch Dr Phil, Oprah and American Idol. icon_razz.gif:P--> Tee hee. wink2.gif;)-->

quote:
Most of the time those things are about some really extreme group that's so obviously messed up that it's not relevant to anything wayfers experience.

I wish they would do something on your "normal seeming" cults like TWI.

I agree. Normal as in packing survival bags and getting weapons training "just in case". Or watching beastiality clips "for our learning".

And "doing" "the man of god" as serving the ministry. And giving at least 10% (not including the cost for everything else) which in my case came to more like 50% to the "normal" cult. Oh yeah and lets not forget the ABS sponsored abortions...and the fear of what could happen if we left.

Definitely...I hope the doctor talks about normal people like us. I mean like you all - cuz' I am not ashamed to say I was that crazy enough to join a dangerous cult.

Actually, I've seen Dr Phil a coupla times, and I liked him. He is kind hearted, but he still seems to, in a kindly way, "put the responsibility back on the persons' shoulders" so that they can change from victim to victor.

I don't much care for Oprah though. I have seen too many friends that are mothers who think in "Oprah-esq" ways that make me crazy. Too touchy/feely/ for me. Not enough "just get over it and change" type of instructions to victims...

I admit it...

I have seen portions of dr phil. It's usually when I take my car in for some type of service.

usually, there is somebody else in the waiting room. From the intent way that the other person is watching him, I don't suggest changing the channel (for fear of my life).

quote:
Originally posted by TheInvisibleDan:

I heard awhile back that "Mr." Phil wasn't a real "Dr." - could this be true? icon_eek.gif

C'mon Dan,

Next thing you know... You might suggest that Doc Vic wasn't a real DR. either icon_razz.gif:P-->

There was a day when a thread like this would set me off on a tangential tirade of reactionary sanctimonium...

Now I just go into giggle fits.

Y'all are NUTS!!!!!!!!!!

But that's exactly why I've come to love y'all so very much.

{{{{{Everybody}}}}}

(I'm watching the show tomorrow...and nobody's gonna make me feel bad about it! icon_razz.gif:P--> icon_razz.gif:P--> icon_razz.gif:P--> icon_razz.gif:P--> )