GreaseSpot Cafe

Leadership Changes at TWI

Belle

Maybe he's going to finally start reaping what he's been sowing, myself and the ozbirdaus'of the cafe' sure won't lose any sleep.

In fact my wife said there may very well be a few who 'slip away' once he departs our fair shores!especially with her brother now left in charge.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noted for her "planning expertise" Rosie might have finally realized that twi was/is on a downward trend and is grasping for new avenues, new attempts to resurrect some growth.

Roger Mitlxr......selected to advise twi president on physical aspects, facilities and maintenance of twi.

Vince McF@ddeb....selected to advise twi president on way corps promotion, training procedures and corps grad assignments.

John Rxpp.........selected to advise twi president on trunk and new foundational class procedures.

Just another wrinkle to try a different approach......plus, the "new foundation class" will run old grads through another system of rules and add to STS announcements.

Legalism has choked the life out of twi.......just a few knee-jerk motions linger.

Some 20 years ago, the Way Corps Director was responsible to oversee the corps training in FIVE locations. Today, the dwindled and pathetic work is inching along at gunnison only.

At this rate, there seems to be very little difference between the corps coordinator [at gunnison] and the corps director [at hq].

IMO...the extreme lack of corps growth and involvement gives the glaring indicator that twi is a dying religion. Seemingly, VERY FEW want the corps commitment anymore!!

Oh, sure....the hq staff/corps sit in their offices and make big fat claims, but DOING THE FIELD WORK is nonexistent. It's a telling tale of twi's hypocrisy.

With the embarassingly small numbers of people in the corps program even the single and family corps "trainees" aren't enough to keep Gunnison running. They were adding staff up there, I think, shortly before I left.

Georgio, Harvey sent a letter to be posted in response to all the information that was coming out about how they were mis-treating Mrs. W. I believe it's still up on the home page of GSpot.

When you read it, you'll see clearly how Harvey is not the friendly, laid back guy he supposedly once was. He's a full blown TWIt who will do/say anything to cover TWIt foot.

Coolchef,

I'll help you out because... that's just the kind of guy I am. angelkit.gif A weisenheimer. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> Click HERE! and then click on the Open letter link. Now if you want to do something for me.. I'm marinating a leg of goat right now in apple juice and salt. Gonna' cook it tomorrow. Any advice???

sudo

I hope CoolChef will give you some real advice, but what I've learned about cooking lamb or goat is that the fat is really nasty.

You want to remove all of it you can possibly get off of it before cooking.

In the leg there's a skein of fat inside the muscles that takes a bit of digging around to find. Once you find that, cut out all of it and trim off any traces of it on the outside, then marinade and put it on a rotisserie for 45 minutes or so (I like it on the rare side).

Mint jelly works with goat too.

Yum yum!

Geo,

Your post reminded me of a nursery rhyme from my youth. Went like this: Mary had a little lamb. With mint jelly. nono5.gif Hee-hee!

I've heard something about that but when doing a leg of lamb I WANT that fat to make the vinegar gravy with. So little fat cooks out. I've never done goat before but am brining it because I've heard it is pretty lean. Ahh! I know it's a de-rail but Coolchef was just asking for it and I could use the advice.. Thanks Geo!!

sudo

Why would anyone destroy a good peice of lamb with mint jelly. That is near blasphemy.

In regards to HCW's post a page back... I think that perhaps your right about the decision to stay in the area, at least I hope so. But I don't think I can judge a parent soley on the character of their teenaged child, although there is some merit to it.

I was out with some younger wafers one WinB conference, which included one Leah Martindale. She had told us her dad wanted her back by a certain time. Well time went on and we had lost track of it and DOH! it was almost time for her to be back and we hadn't even eaten yet. Well the rest of us were a little concerned knowing that her father was the big spit spewing guy that had final say over our spiritual lives. lol She told us to relax her dad wasn't a monster, he was actually really cool.

Well we know how the story ends. Her dad was not all that cool when it came to many things. Leah seemed like a decent kid, maybe still is, doesn't make her parents the shining example of greatness.

Harve may have raised a good kid, but he also could be the prick that many here know of first hand.

sudo

ican't give you any more advice than george

he is right on about taking out sometimes hard to find piece of fat

that piece is what gives lamd that odd smell as it cooks. i suspect it would be the same with goat but i don't know that as gospel as i have never cooked goat

i would love to try it.

thanks for the link

I've had goat and it is a lot like lamb so I assume similar cooking methods apply. Some of the best lamb I had was served with a sauce made by cooking whole garlic cloves in balsamic vinegar till the cloves disolved and the whole thing reduced to a thick consistency.

But I like mint jelly too, so what do I know? confused.gif

Now you're talkin'. Garlic is always good and lamb is no different. Some tyme or rosemary in there is not a bad idea eiter.

but you're throwing me with the mint jelly. The only good thing I can think of for mint jelly is a PB&J for St. Patricks Day, and that would only taste good after quite a few stouts. confused.gif

Cindy! makes a lamb roast on the barbecue that is out of this world.

She marinates it in plain yogurt, rosemary, and some other stuff, grills it until it's dark pink in the middle, then it keeps cooking after you take it off, so that by the time you serve it 20 minutes later, it's absolutely mouthwatering.

• 5 months later...
A little birdie at HQ gave me this information:<BR><BR>President: Ros@lie Rivenb@rk<BR>Vice Presidents:<BR>Vince McF@dden<BR>Roger Mitl*r<BR>John R*pp<BR>Secretary Treasurer: Je@n Yves DeLisle<BR><BR>2005-2006 ministry year will have: 15 Regions<BR><BR>New Foundational Class in Mar/Apr<BR><BR>Miceal Ad@ms & family @ HQ to setup a new Int'l Outreach Ldrship training program<BR><BR>Sean Strickl@nd and family new country Coordinators of New Zealand<BR><BR>Moneyhands will be special ambassadors to United Kingdom to help with outreach and leadership training<BR><BR>Per Rosalie all this was done to plan for and prepare for the next 5 years of growth<BR><BR>Florida's new region coordinators are N@viellos and they will also coord FL.

As I said, TWI is not only a US issue they are using the international people to continue whit the organization.

Miceal Adams New Zelander

John Rupp Puerto Rican or something similar.

Jean-Yves De Lisle Canadian

And what happened to Harve?