GreaseSpot Cafe

It's a New Year at TWI

Belle

Soon there'll be a mandatory attendance announcement made to the Ohio Valley Region to make sure the auditorium is packed for the "Anniversary Celebration". About fifteen people (just a guess) will be "ordained" as Way Disciples and sent to work for free at HQ and Gunnison. New suckers will go on staff at HQ, giving up good jobs, great benefits and any additional retirement and savings (including my ex). Is this also when the WC graduate (maybe more than five this year?)?

Given the vagueness and word-smithing to avoid giving out solid numbers to how pathetic their "Rise and Expansion" has become, they will probably continue this tap dance.

These are notes from 2001 when they were extremely vague about how many people they reached. I believe the precise information was that they had witnessed to tens of thousands, hundreds came to fellowship and many signed up for the class.....

I'm sorry, I don't have the original poster's name documented. :(

I John 3:17

"But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?"

TWI has one objective and one objective only.........."give us your MONEY."

No effort is extended to helping others..........UNLESS they can put their

hooks into them and pull them into the belly of the beast!! Even those

rare times when TWI gave some excess to the New Knoxville community,

they did it for PR purposes..........LCM even said so.

When stepping away and looking back at it.............the arrogance, the

deceptiveness, the manipulation..........REEKS from the trustee level down!

TWI is NOT a ministry! TWI is a legalistic, fascist, inner society that uses

a form of godliness in bible-thumping speeches....but is only self-serving

its secret agendas to lord over its oppressed people.

TWI should legally be stripped of its *non-profit status*...........its only a

front the trustees use to, indeed, profit the higher-ups in excess and

lustful living.

All the comparisons to the first century church were a bunch of bs!!!

For having been in the 7th section of acts, i sure didn't see the rise & expansion. having been WD I & VI, the focus shifted from helping people to sheer numbers that they could impress you with at STS's. We were told that our mission was to dismantle the works of the adversary, free the oppressed & etc. out of Isaiah-as long as they were high quality middle class or better type people (had to have a job, car and some teeth! or they didn't qualify). So what did we have after 6 months of full time witnessing? worn out shoes, worn out hearts and a list of 1700 not interested people, but we're in the 7th section, the pinnacle of the rise of the church. Well "it must just be our area and the rest of the ministry are seeing these phenomenal results.

I have learned that my life is my witness, speak the word as I go and that it takes time to develop reationships-not a matter of just "hearding" people into a fix-all class.

I was once told (by a Rev. no less) normal was like this.

5 out of 100 said check back. (We got a phone number.)

5 out of 100 of those came to a fellowship

Only about half of those became truly faithful.

(Experience showed me his numbers were pretty close.)

Here is how that works out...

50% of 5% of 5% = 0.125%

1 / 0.125%=800

So to get 1 faithful you need to talk to 800

If you average 10 minutes per person talked to, that is 133 hours of outreach for ONE new person.

800*10=8000 minutes or 133 hours

WOW!!! I never did the math before. That sucks. I thought God was behind this outfit.

Using their announced numbers you get…

90% of unknown% of 65%

0.90*X*0.65=X*0.585

If X = 100% then 58.5% contacts become faithful.

Every other person…LOL

If X = 50% then 29.25% contacts become faithful.

Every 3rd or 4th person…still hard to keep a straight face

If X = 25% then 14.625% contacts become faithful.

Every 7th person…maybe in the old days.

If X = 5% the end results is still a 23 times better than what an Ordained Reverend expected.

At X=5% you have to only witness 6 to 7 hours to get one faithful.

Soon there'll be a MANDATORY attendance announcement made to the Ohio Valley Region to make sure the auditorium is packed for the "Anniversary Celebration"

How friggin sick can you get. MANDATORY?

I can see rosie under oath..

"so, ms(?) bark, do you have mandatory meetings?"

"Heavens to betsy, nevah.."

"so are you saying, nobody HAS to go to meetings?"

"well, I wouldn't quite say that.... but they sure aren't MANDATORY.."

I understand there is going to be a "big" announcement as part of the anniversary celebration. Anyone have any knowledge of this?

What an oxymoron - disciples going to HQ to clean toilets, etc. Somd discipling!

Would be VERY interested in learning what is up with the anniversary celebration and the incoming way corpse...please keep me posted.

Probably some limited six month commitment to go slave away at Gunnison or something...

New "program" for the "masses"(?) to get behind the wheel on..

Any kind of "big" announcement coming out of that "little"(very) place would make me a little suspicious..

No, Ham. That was in Pascagoula, MS where the squirrel got loose:

The day the squirrel went berserk

In the First Self-Righteous Church

In the sleepy little town of Pascagoula

It was a fight for survival that broke out in revival

They were jumpin' pews and shoutin' Hallelujah!

Ray Stevens wrote a song about it. ;) But being the squirrel lover that you are, you probably already knew that.

Yep, Belle, I remember that song! Well, if it happened in the auditorium, I think it'd be the same, but nobody would even dare to jump the chairs and shout "HALLELUJAH!"

They'd just have to suffer, silently..

Might give them a new idea of what to name the new class: "The Living Word in the Promised land of prevailing Squirrels.."

Kinda remindes me of the song by Ray Stevens called "Mississippi Squirrel Revival".

Hey Paw. How big of attachments can we post now on GSC???? I have both the regular song and the music video of the Ray Stevens song if anyone would like me to post it.

Edited by danteh1

I was once told (by a Rev. no less) normal was like this.

5 out of 100 said check back. (We got a phone number.)

5 out of 100 of those came to a fellowship

Only about half of those became truly faithful.

(Experience showed me his numbers were pretty close.)

Here is how that works out...

50% of 5% of 5% = 0.125%

1 / 0.125%=800

So to get 1 faithful you need to talk to 800

If you average 10 minutes per person talked to, that is 133 hours of outreach for ONE new person.

800*10=8000 minutes or 133 hours

Uhmmmmmm --- they are celebrating what?? I could use a reminder here! :D

David

Secret Squirrel? I thought it was fox hunting at TWI, for I am the Hunter!(bugle). If it is the other , then where is Morroco Mole? God, I've got to stop watching Boomerang/Cartoon Network while posting these replies.hehehe, LOL.

Well.. its almost October! I wonder how many innies are actually "gushing over" with excitement.. anxiously waiting for the "good news"

Belle, I've been thinking a little more about this..

Perhaps..the big announcement..

1. They are installing four new bathrooms in the auditorium (?? for who?? They already have THREE too many..)

2. They are fortwith moving SNS back to the BRC. That way, things can be nice and comfy, and they MIGHT be able to fill the room..

3. Some specially selected vey Disciples will be given assignments to develop in training, and leadership skills, at rosies home.

They will learn valuble life-lessons by cleaning, gardening, painting, and changing the cat's litterboxes.

AND they'll be thankful.