GreaseSpot Cafe

Personal Message

ChattyKathy

Chatty

yes that is one avenue they can be used.

When Mike pmed me he threatened me and insulted me it was not to share some private info.

and I have zero doubt they are used to gain allegiance for a poster who is need of support and wants "friends" to bully another off the thread! safety in numbers is what counts here for sure!

often times because they are asked to be accountable for what they said in some area. or they just do not like the other opinion .

happens over and over on this forum. I think it is safe to assume nothing when writing on these types of forums.

So because you had an encounter with one poster you have the enlightenment of the group, am I correct?

Sad thing is you hit on some truths in your delusion of concepts that were it not for being out there you could actually contribute some personal challenges in a socially understood way. Like accountability, hell yes we need to be, don't even get me started on that. That is just one thing your posts reflect you lack knowledge of about us. You think we pigeonhole, good lord you define the word presently.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Private messages can be a way of saying something or asking another a question pertaining to only the sender and the receiver that you prefer not to say in public view. It isn't a back room to gossip in. How did that become the definition for a Private Message?

I make a clear distinction between gossiping and private information between the sender and receiver in my post.

Pond,

I'm really surprised Mike would behave that way toward you. It is unlike him (and no one would accuse me of being in his fan club).

I concede, however, that his words on the stress thread are very much unlike him as well, so I'm not doubting you either. I just don't think it's very "Mike-like" to threaten anyone. Insult? Yeah, but his insults are usually a bit subtle (to him).

Well, I don't think I have an inner bitch but can I jump in anyway?

Hey Pond, you need to to go stagnate for awhile.

stagnant=not advancing or developing

Rick, I'm embarrassed because I just got that. LMAO

Okay so that was a tad mean I reckon but heck I didn't get it when I read it the first time.

I wonder if I need to have my glasses looked at. :huh:

if I said I have a personal account of creating the moon and the stars would ya believe me?

Excuse me, but with the mention of the moon, I think I have to step in now. I (and only I) DO have a personal account of the moon!!! B)

The Lady of The Moon

(Yep real name. I am the one that they howl at.)

Edited by moony3424

I once wrote a private message to a public person in the private section of a public forum which indicated a preference for privacy and not wishing for publicity (since I invoked the privacy from publicity), in public by privately posting on the public forum's privacy site that publically demonstrated privately there in the privacy from the public forum that my private comments should remain so.

That public person in the private section of the public forum took the private message publically said in privacy and misconstrued private thoughts publically declared in the privacy section of the public forum not as private thoughts (though publically declared there), but rather as public thoughts learned in private and meant for publicity on a public forum, and up for private interpretation.

Hmmmmmmm. I would NEVER do that!

:D :D :D

David

I went to the person that sent me a private message and told him I was going to reveal in part his intentions behind it because he wasn't letting the folks know something quite good about his heart that I knew they would benefit to know, it was critical to the dang story line of the thread for gawd sake! I WENT TO HIM FIRST AND TOLD HIM EXACTLLY WHAT I WAS GOING TO SHARE.

Was I right or wrong? Matters not because I WENT TO HIM FIRST.

Something that I don't get: Did this person say it was okay to reveal what you told him that you would reveal?

Hey!! :) I was just being goofy, but the point ( I hope) was made that private talk between posters should remain so.

Private message areas can be fertile ground for dissent, gossip, and general unrest and *uprising* -- but I choose to believe that most here will take something said in confidence, and not reveal it to the general populace. Also I believe that most here use the private message section of this site honorably, and not with malicious intnet.

Lord knows I've had my chances to mis-use it, and didn't.

Hate to use the analogy, but *it's a locked box* to me.

:)

David

Edited by dmiller

Pond,

With the way you feel, why are you here? I'm not being critical, so please don't read in to it that way.

I think I had a critical attitude when I first came here (Chatty Kathy knows this for sure :) ), but then I realized that I cannot judge someone when I haven't walked in their shoes. I cannot say how long or when someone must simply "Get Over It." They will when they are ready. My ridicule never helped anyone heal. Love helps people heal.

If I don't particularly feel like hearing someone's soapbox, I read elsewhere or I turn away from the computer and do something else.

I like most Greasespotters. They are people with a story to tell. And that story has to be told. Sometimes venting helps people "Get Over It". It did for me. I no longer have rage in my heart from wrongdoings of TWI. Thanks to many GSpotters who lent me an ear to bend. :)

Take care.

WayferNOT said ---

I like most Greasespotters. They are people with a story to tell. And that story has to be told. Sometimes venting helps people "Get Over It". It did for me. I no longer have rage in my heart from wrongdoings of TWI. Thanks to many GSpotters who lent me an ear to bend.

This is so true. And despite the fact that some stories seem to be *made up* (to some folks), and *the poster with the most stories wins* ---

THERE ARE ENOUGH OF US OUT HERE TO REFUTE ANY AND ALL FALSE CLAIMS!!

In other words, no one on this site can flippantly claim crap, and get away with it if they dare to name names, and dates.

We've been there. We were suckered too. We all remember the refuse that flowed downhill from twi many years ago, as if it were yesterday. If someone comes in here making up stories, you can bet your last bottom dollar that some one of us will call a spade a spade, and demand the proof.

The Greasespotters range from twi-1 to current, and (IMO) with our collective knowledge, we now have a very viable *hedge of protection* against any and all who wish to steal our freedom, some of it newly found, and some of it realized 2 decades or so ago.

I'm off on a tangent here, but I think it is in accordance with NOT revealing personal messages.

Twi has chosen to monitor this site, to find out who the miscreants are. The more they are kept in the dark, the better I like it.

David

Edited by dmiller

Hey Pond..in case no-one has already..WELCOME TO GREASESPOT !! You sound like someone who has their head screwed on, so I presume you are not still in TWI !!

Anyway, not that it matters, but I pretty much agree with your post. I have nothing to hide; my name is there for all to see; I have no (real) fear !!

I may be pond now mike but I used to be? I had to change my name or something or other to post in new forum digs, long boring story frustrating as well.

pond,

Since anonymity seems to interest you why don't you have a name rather than a nickname? Was your name here prior a real one? I only bring it up because in your less than a dozen posts so far you've mentioned it in both the threads you've posted in so I assume it's of importance to you.

Kathy

Wow! Go away for a week-end to meet these anonymous people who can't be trusted and you can miss a lot on here! :)

I enjoyed meeting and spending the week-end with some of my best friends in the whole world!! I suppose you get out of what you put into everything and I've gotten an awful lot out of my participation here at the Cafe'. I feel like I owe most people on here so much.

I don't like to post my real name on here because, like Bluzman said, I don't want it to show up on Google and other search engines. I haven't hidden who I am and anyone who wants to know and who doesn't seem like a stalker could ask in a PRIVATE message and I'd be happy to share that information. I do, however, consider private messages just that - private.

....AND, if I'm missing out on any gossip, I want to know!! :D :D :D