• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Socks wrote (typed) ~~~~~

:wave:

------------ :)

------------------------------------ :dance:

--------------------------------------------------------- :)

---------------- :)

-------- :)

What am I missing here??????????

Is this *smiley tab* for a guitar chord, or what???

(wanders off mumbling to himself!!!!!)

Edited by dmiller

Now I just got accused by the board, for posting too many smileys. :(

when I also put this in the previous post ---

then -----

----------------------- :)

--------- :wave: ------------------ :dance:

=============================================== :)

=== :wave:

====== :dance: =============== :rolleyes:

===================================================== :)

so -- what am I missing about the spacing of the smileys?? Anything? Nothing?

And how come I get accused for *inserting too many smileys* when I was quoting Socks??

Smileys are like notes in a lick/ scale/ riff, etc. -- the more the better--

(but tastefully done -- don'tcha know!)

Am afraid to add a smiley here ---> this post also (Bullinger), might get refused.

Edited by dmiller

Mr. Music Man,

I'm afraid you are reading too much into the smileys.

Basically, Socks posted smileys when chatty came back after being away for a few days.

Then, I asked Socks...if i were to be away would I get smileys too??

So then, Socks responded with another post of smileys.

That's it... c'est tout... sorry... nothing more than smileys and bunch of goofie posters.

Did you guess who the young boy was in the link I posted Mr. Music Man? I posted it for you especially.

: )

Edited by A la prochaine

Ala -- right now Youtube is *down*for *scheduled maintenance*. :(

I did see that clip yesterday, (that you posted),

and is the youngster you mentioned Vince Gill,

or was it Allision????

(in the clip???)

I've got some stories to tell, about Allision,

at a Bluegrass festival I was at, and she was at,

before she was the SOMEBODY that she is today. ;)

Edited by dmiller

Just an assortment of spaced Smileys, dmiller. Smileys, spaced out. Or well spaced. Or sumpin.

waysider did one ----- :) ----- and I realized by making them white you could make 'em look like they were hanging out in space, all over. So props to waysider, what is for me new Smiley territory. Going where no Smiley has gone before - to Space! And Beyond!

But I have noticed the phenomena of which you speak - there's a limit to how many you can put up. That's probably why you got the message. Alhtough there may be a way to push the Smiley envelope and go postal with them, using dashes and line spacing. Dunno.

But we want Happy Posters and Smileys are high value additions to any thread! There's something about that basic little guy :) that's universal yet esoteric in presence. It says it all, by saying nothing. :)

Mr. Music Man,

Please... I'd love to hear the Alison stories...

But the post I was mentioning was the one after that... the Guess who the kid is???

When you get it back up .. you will certainly enjoy it.

Socks...

such a way with words you have... you make a simple post about smileys sound like a PHD dissertation. Such a wonderful gift.

OK...now for something completely different.

Polar Bear my brother in law told me about this guy... he's a canuck and won guitarist of the year some time back...

and ...

and then i found this... Chet, Leo and Doc...

this utube...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's infinitium....i'm falling into the youtube black hole....

:(

Love that tune, and Dan Ross. I really like the opening figure. That kind of sound is cool. Thanks! He does some nice harmonics about midway through. SuWEEt! Cool Atkins/Kotke/Watson tune too. I'm off to check out Cockburn.

Y'know I did some checking around on how the Youtube videos are set up and there's a program that will allow you to download the Flash videos. You can run them and then save them with a link that it creates. I've tried it and it works well. You end up with a file that you rename, to whatever you want .flv, with the .flv at the end. It's saved on your computer. You can then open that file and view it in their software. It's pretty cool. Check it out here.

Edited by socks

Sockster...

Cockburn is a master...

In his younger days... an amazing player... I was an absolute Cockburn junkie way back then. Then he went electric and very political and I just lost track...

But I've been told that his latest album is very good and very back to his roots by the sounds of it.

Cool about youtube on your own pc ... sheeshhh.... I can just see it... over 3000 mp3's now... and who knows how many video clips from youtube... Hoooooonnnneyyyyy you gotta buy more kigabites for the harddrive :unsure:

Mr. Music... I'm praying for your youtube to return... :cryhug_1_:

Check this out you YOUTUBE junkies...

This is such a cool interview... such a humble dude. You gotta love this man.

ok... don't ask... it's that darn YOUTUBE VORTEX at work again...

I went looking for Bruce Cockburn and I came up with this!!!

youtube 12 step program where are you???

:confused:

Edited by A la prochaine

Pretty sure he left Polar Bear.... a few years back.

I know a friend of mine sponsored him and his wife in the corps when they were told they had to go back in res or else be dropped. So they went into the Family Corps...but I don't think they lasted more than 1/2 a year if that.

But I will agree with you... he was and I'm sure still is a very fine musician.

A very nice guy too.

Edited by A la prochaine

Would like to introduce someone I don't believe has ever been mentioned here...

Maybe I have (please forgive if so), but I know it was way before the days of YOUTUBE.... ahhhhh... YOUTUBE....

ok... i'm back...

Leslie Feist

Most interesting sound... and there are several videos of her doing this song (which was a pretty big hit around these parts)... she's very versatile and plays the huggest (is that a word???) guitar ever!!

Secret Heart

and .. more...

i love the way her voice is out there.. naked... it's so powerful because of that.

HI Chas.. nice to see you!

Socks, Glad you enjoyed Don Ross....

Edited by A la prochaine

Tom Strange---------I can't really tell from the pic but it looks like that may be a diddly bow.

A diddly bow is a one stringed guitar and people make them in all kinds of variations.

I'm basing my guess on the fact that the pick-up is sideways and there are no visable tuning machines.

Then again, maybe it's a shillaylee that floated over from another thread.

Edited by waysider

Waysider... it's one of those "Guitar Hero" playstation things... now they want to get the kids that are interested in music to just give up learning and "play like" they already know the guitar and are guitar heros... it's not even a real instrument... it's kind of like an air guitar...

They've got it all here... no need to actually learn an instrument... even a "gig bag"... whatabunchakrap!

Edited by Tom Strange

Socks -- headed for Indiana on Sunday. I have tomorrow (woops!! today) off to get the oil changed in the car, do laundry, etc. -- and I plan on swinging by that shop to get a serial number -- that sort of thing, off of it for further perusal. :)

It looked mighty fine -- but it was hanging on the wall --

and not plugged in to an amp, or anything.

I looked up the Fender site -- but saw mostly vintage and custom instruments listed.

Instruments in pawn shops intrigue me.

Who owned them? Where and when did they get them?

Why did they pawn them???

Did they need the money -- or don't they play anymore???

Color me curious. :)

I'll find out more about it, when I pay a repeat visit to the shop.