GreaseSpot Cafe

Guitar Talk

socks

I was replying to a friend on another board, who has a sig line of:

The old gray matter ain't what it used to be,

Ain't what it used to be,

Ain't what it used to be.

I went to YouTube to find the *Old Gray Mare* to post in deference to her play on words,

and found this gem in there instead.

The name of the group was Lez Karski, and the Nervous Investors.

With a name like that -- I just HAD to click on it!! :biglaugh:

I'm not much of a blues kinda guy -- but even this I, IV, V rendition got my attention. :)

:spy:

Edited by dmiller

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice tune, dmiller! I like Les's sound, didn't expect that voice to come out of that cap! :eusa_clap: Both guitarists do a nice blues shred there.

Speaking of Ford, Youtube has some clips of him, including some lesson stuff. He is surely one of the nicest, most grounded musician's. I met him briefly at an outdoor concert few years ago. (Wed bumped paths way back when in the early '70's at a few gigs when he was real young, with the "Robben Ford Blues Band", around San Francisco).

Often in performing situations people are distracted by the goings on and it's difficult to focus on their audience. Ford was "there".

I found this song, performed by the great Tommy Emmanuel. "Here Comes the Sun (Beatles medley)". Enjoy! Everyone have a Merry and safe Christmas!

Edited by socks

Well, here I am again, just dropping in to say HI, and make a shameless plug for my hubby's VINTAGE Fender Guitar that I have listed on ebay, if anyone is interested.

Sorry, folks, I won't be listing his special guitars that his dad gave him.

Love reading this thread. Someday I may pick up the guitar if I can ever lay my knitting needles down!!!!!!!!!!!

CARRY ON!!!!!!!!! You all are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

socks, sorry about that!!!! ebay!!! knitsmith2006 Check it out.

I am home this morning with my 7-month nephew then we will head to the shop to take care of last day of the year stuff then come back home.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In 1966, Randy Wolfe joined Jimmy James and The Blue Flames as a 2nd guitarist.Jimmy James, who was born John Hendrix, aka Jimi Hendrix, needed a way to distinguish him from the bass player from Texas who was also named Randy.So, he called the bass player Randy Texas and the 2nd guitarist Randy California because that is where he was from.About a year later, Randy California formed his own band along with his well known jazz drumming step father, Ed Cassidy.They called the group----Spirit. Here's Spirit in 1968.

Edited by waysider