Ductape

Should Ductape stay or go?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. you decide 07

• Send him packing
    • Let the Lowlife stay

ahem...

dooj....

are you addressing anyone in particular here?

my post was tongue in cheek, dear.

i won't be voting.

and it seems to me that ol' ducttape is making his own m&a policy....

i want no real part of it.... ($10 says it heads for the soap opear forum before the end of the week, anyhow...)

Edited by ChasUFarley

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ducky,

Consider why you should stay: Name calling is a reactionary response and you don't support name calling, so why would you accept the labling "low life"? IMO, You're not a "low life"! Do you love, care about and enjoy enough people and issues here to stay? I very much hope so....from reading things you post I see your heart and that you put your heart into what your opinions and views are. I am sure that I am not the only one!

Didn't you tell me recently, that this is not a think tank of christians; but a communnity of vastly differing beliefs and viewpoints and some have to stand their ground and speak their minds; That thick skin helps....Isn't this in essense what you told me my dear friend! My dear Ducky, please, I hope that you are able to do likewise; Stand your ground, speak your mind! Your viewpoint counts! You do count!

It is difficult for me to see that in so many posts I have read some people lose control; and out of one or another strong emergency of their emotions name call. Then I read more topics that they posted in and I get to know them better and I develope an understanding about them and whereas I may not agree with them entirely or even at all; I have gained an understanding of their position. I have often seen people that I thought initially were predominently angry, dogmatic, and ridgid concerning their beliefs...which is not wrong;become extremely kind and patient and endearing! The part that is so often hard to bear is that they find it to difficult sometimes to hear anyone else out or have time to work it all out.

Sometimes, the more opinionated you are and the more heated the debate becomes; and consequentially, the harder it is to have it not become a personal attack. I like to think we are all trying not to hurt one another...but instead to strengthen one another. That we can try to remember that we are not all as eloquent and skilled in language arts and debate. The expectation is that we are able to substantiate and verify what we do say or we may realize it in the due course of the feedback we get in the threads, possibly! This is the ideal ...not always what we get...but I think it is safe to say that it is what we hope for!

Proverbs 27:17 "Iron sharpeneth iron, so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. "Iron sharpeneth iron" Now that is a good intent! That was what you gave to me! You don't always recieve that intent; but don't be discouraged. Do your best, be your best, exemplify what you hope to be of benefit. It will always be noticed by someone, appreciated by someone...it will have it's impact! Flowery me will now say: Make your own kind of music, Sing your own kind of song...someone waits to hear! I vote stay!

Love You, (((((((((((((((Ducky)))))))))))), RG

ahem...

dooj....

are you addressing anyone in particular here?

my post was tongue in cheek, dear.

i won't be voting.

and it seems to me that ol' ducttape is making his own m&a policy....

i want no real part of it.... ($10 says it heads for the soap opear forum before the end of the week, anyhow...)

LOL Chas - I didn't read any of the other posts....so - NO - I didn't mean you at all I should have told Ducky not to be so uptight.

Edited by doojable

well, I have rarely agreed with Ductape or what I suspect were his previous personna or two, (especially in the dog-eat-dog place of Politacks) but I think it would be bad precedent for ANY poster to be voted on or off. The powers that pay for and control this board have the right to do so, but it is a rare and understandable case when that has happened. In fact, the ones I can recall were more for the "bannee"'s good than the board.

Perhaps a self-imposed vacation would be in order, Ductape? to let your thoughts gather themselves as to what you do and don't like about this place?

It is hard to recall which names people are called are the eggs, and which are the chickens. Few are without sin when those stones are cast in that forum. Often, what one person sees as a simple description of another's views is a personal insult to the person it is written to..........on both sides of the aisle. Chalk me up as no vote either way.

~HAP

(Garth pulls out his violin and begins to play the "Poor ol' Ductape! Why is everybody always pickin' on him" dirge) musik25.gif:cryhug_1_:

Ya know, I've seen people give the "That's it! I'm-a leavin' and never comin' back!" sad sad song (and they usually come back, :wink2: to Jonny), but this is the first I've seen that puts the ol' 'Survivor' flavor to it; Ie., are we gonna vote Ducky off the island, or let him stay. :lol:

Duckles, you give out as good as you get chief, and you know it. So please spare us the I-am-the-patriotic-and-persecuted-Christian-American-who-is-one-of-the-few-who-is-standing-on-the-Truth (Betcha never saw any hyphenated noun that long before, huh?) song-and-dance (<-- a shorty), ok?

Oh by the way, I voted for you to stay. For one thing, even with all your biting remarks, ... yer a barrel of laughs, ... even more fun than Ron! :wacko:

So chill out and have a beer! :beer:

Ductape.

I wouldn't want anyone to leave, and I'm sorry when anyone leaves. (I wish lcm would stick around, learn to repent and have a great time.)

I think this is a great place, and part of that greatness is because Pawtucket allows everyone to speak their piece.

Hope you stay.

Any way.

I have had the experience of being ejected from different groups/organizations where I thought I was safe and even developed relationships with like/opposing minded people. these were not experiences that I recall with fondness at all. To kick someone out of a venue where folks are expected and even encouraged to voice like or differing opinions would be like banishing one to an Island, like perhaps John. Do you expect everyone to co-sign each others b.s. or do we want to be enlightened and broaden our horizons of thought if only for the moment. If the forum decides to banish him you might as well burn him at the stake. Duct stays, if only to advocate the opposition.

Do what you want. Leave, stay, change your name to papa-gee, whatever. Just stop whining about it. Or continue to whine about...that's your f---ing decision. So, you got insulted. Join the club. You've certainly dished it out yourself.

Poor ductape...First he attacks Bumpy in the politics forum and then has his feeling hurt when I call BS on him...If you can't handle criticism, then don't give it out to others.

This is nothing more than a grandstand play...When it comes to these various forums, ESPECIALLY the politics forum...if you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen...as mentioned earlier, this is not "Survivor" where we vote you off the island and it's not "Momentus" where we kick you out of the lifeboat and it's certainly not twi where we M&A you...

Make up your own mind and quit crying...

Do you have any idea how many times that I have been attacked in the politics forum?...

Perhaps you should be like a real duck and just let it roll off your back...

Duckles, you give out as good as you get chief, and you know it. So please spare us the I-am-the-patriotic-and-persecuted-Christian-American-who-is-one-of-the-few-who-is-standing-on-the-Truth (Betcha never saw any hyphenated noun that long before, huh?) song-and-dance (<-- a shorty), ok?

Garth,

Wasn't that an adjective? :)

Blarney

Ductape:

You should stay. Your brilliance is appreciated by others who posess sound intelligence and common sense. I have seen you viciously attacked in the past by a particular person (yet that person remains?), and I have seen you called "fuctape" when your antagonist was of the opinion that there was no other recourse but to call names. You are one of the good guys. Stay.

His brilliance?... :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I guess it takes one to know one...by the way, welcome back jonny...or is it papa gee?...

Not me, Jonny Gringo

Ya know Rocky, I just happen to be white, and I resent the racial slur. Actually, I don't mind it at all, but one time I was soundly reproved by a number of our Hispanic brethren here for using the term "wetback". I used it in reference to a very good friend of mine who turned out to be an illegal, and then I was informed that the term "gringo" is equally as hateful which was a surprise to me. Personally, I think of neither as offensive. But there are those who are pretty sensitive about those kind of racial slurs, so, ya best watch yer step around here... :nono5:

And now, back to the topic: Stay Ductape.

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Wasn't that an adjective?

I stand corrected. :)

Jonny, it was me who referred to Ductape as 'Fuctape', an event which I realized that I was wrong in, and apologized for since then. ... Just thought you'd might like an update.

But Ductape gives out as good as he gets.

Garth, you're slippin'. You were right: It's a compound noun, not an adjective.

As for the subject of the poll, you're kidding, right?

So please spare us the I-am-the-patriotic-and-persecuted-Christian-American-who-is-one-of-the-few-who-is-standing-on-the-Truth ... song-and-dance.

Time for an English lesson from Linda! :)

Doesn't that long hyphenated word describe *song and dance*?

Aren't adjectives descriptive (such as this one is),

even if it is a bunch of words strung together?

Color me curious.

:doh:

Edited by dmiller