Ductape

Should Ductape stay or go?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. you decide 07

• Send him packing
    • Let the Lowlife stay

Being called a

general embarrassment to all
by an esteemed and "respected" poster, I have decided to allow the members of the Cafe to decide the fate of Ductape. Does he stay or does he not let the door hit him where the good lord split him? You decide!

Ductape will not accept options of conforming or changing or any other group think mentality. Ductape will abide by the majorities decision and if voted out will not return under another name.

In one week the "general embarrassment" will return and accept his fate.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being called a by an esteemed and "respected" poster, I have decided to allow the members of the Cafe to decide the fate of Ductape. Does he stay or does he not let the door hit him where the good lord split him? You decide!

Ductape will not accept options of conforming or changing or any other group think mentality. Ductape will abide by the majorities decision and if voted out will not return under another name.

In one week the "general embarrassment" will return and accept his fate.

Aren't you playing the victim a little melodramatically now?

Perhaps, you should make your decision on more appropriate bases.

Take, for example, do you enjoy it here?

Are there some areas of the cafe that you enjoy more, some you enjoy less?

I certainly don't count you as a friend of Rocky, but I would (emphatically) not demand you leave.

IF the cafe experience, for you, is a good one, you should stay. If the experience is not comfortable for you, well, YOU decide... don't cop out and set up the rest of the community to blame or to be indebted to (in the event you are NOT banished).

oh, yes, and perhaps you might find some insight in Roy's thread (year 2027) on why he stays here... :)

Ducky,

I know you in real life so I can't possibly imagine you being gone from here. And you guys will continue to banter and fight in 'tacks. It's the nature of the room but it's also a learning place and you bring valuable things to the table there.

I would miss you and even though I don't read much around here anymore that forum is one I feel most at home in.

And Rocky has some good points there so read them as intended.

Kathy

(your friend)

Wouldn't it be nice if life was like American Idol? Someone else decides your fate.

Don't put that on the GS community.

As Rocky said, you make the decision.

Do you think people are sitting around pondering, "Should Ducttape stay or go?"

Ductape,

I am voting for you to stay although I do not agree with your characterization of yourself as a lowlife.

People have very strong opinions and sometimes differences in opinions escalate into personal attacks. I must admit that there have been times that my disagreements with my detractors have crossed the lines of good taste. You and I have had the opportunity to express our differing opinions.

I do not apologize for my views and I do not expect that of you.

This place is first and foremost a place where people who have been impacted by TWI to find healing, perspective, closure and perhaps connection with others similarly impacted. I hope that you will stick around so we can get to know you better. Who knows you and I may find actually find things we like about each other.

Robin

The high school I went to had movies in the auditorium at lunch time. Half of your lunch period was spent actually eating lunch and the other half could be used for study hall or noon movies where a small snip of a movie was played each day like the old time serials that used to play in movie houses.(I think it was 3 cents a day) One of the movies that played at least once or twice a year was "Shane" with Alan Ladd. At the end of the movie, as Shane rides off into the sunset, the little boy character runs after him with tears in his eyes and hollers"Come back, Shane, I love you!" It was pretty hokie and of course it became somewhat of a ritual for the entire auditorium to recite those words right along with the little boy. Kind of a forerunner of the Rocky Horror Picture Show experience.

And so with that image in mind, I think the new rallying cry should be:

"Don't go, Ducky, we love you!"

Now where's my 3 cents?

Ductape:

You should stay. Your brilliance is appreciated by others who posess sound intelligence and common sense. I have seen you viciously attacked in the past by a particular person (yet that person remains?), and I have seen you called "fuctape" when your antagonist was of the opinion that there was no other recourse but to call names. You are one of the good guys. Stay.

Well, people are saying they have seen you attacked. And that is true. But it also appears you have had your fangs out first in many cases including towards me in my Thread on Pit bulls.

It is Ying and Yang here. Don’t dish it out if you cannot take it.

I do not care if you stay or if you go on a personal level. It is your choice.

But here is the thing:

Every protagonist needs an antagonist to give balance to a point of view. And although we agree on nothing, I think lacking someone to disagree with, can make the forum boring and lopsided.

Sometimes fighting keeps things interesting. So, if I were to vote, I would vote for you to stay. Not because I am in agreement with you or that we share any common views, but because you are entitled to your own opinion. And sometimes those opinions can lead to a fight. So, fight it out. Some days you win some days you loose. Sometimes you will be the only one who feels a certain way – but isn’t that better than all being Craig clones in agreement? Part of the fun here is to disagree.

If a thread begins down a healing path and you do not agree just have the compassion to leave it. OR if you have a real stand “make it” then move on. These are the boards. They can be nasty. They can be healing.

I hope you stay. I look forward to being able to disagree.

(And yes, I only saw your heart in that one post, that heartbreaking post, that made me sob.)

I think I must be the only American that has never watched a single episode of American Idol. :blink:

You're NOT.

I never watch ANYTHING on Fox except sports. And I do NOT count American Idol as a sport. :biglaugh:

Ductape:

You should stay. Your brilliance is appreciated by others who posess sound intelligence and common sense. I have seen you viciously attacked in the past by a particular person (yet that person remains?), and I have seen you called "fuctape" when your antagonist was of the opinion that there was no other recourse but to call names. You are one of the good guys. Stay.

JL,

I hope you don't mean me.... I get on Mr. Tape's case, but I never said that F word to him.

But I can't be sure who you're referring to, because you suggested something about sound intelligence and common sense? :rolleyes:

Great, I'm in good company David and Coolchef, I was beginning to think I was an oddball. :)

Sheesh! Of course you're an ODDBALL. But what does THAT have to do with anything? :P ;)

It is Ying and Yang here. Don't dish it out if you cannot take it.

snip

Every protagonist needs an antagonist to give balance to a point of view. And although we agree on nothing, I think lacking someone to disagree with, can make the forum boring and lopsided.

Sometimes fighting keeps things interesting. So, if I were to vote, I would vote for you to stay. Not because I am in agreement with you or that we share any common views, but because you are entitled to your own opinion. And sometimes those opinions can lead to a fight. So, fight it out. Some days you win some days you loose. Sometimes you will be the only one who feels a certain way – but isn't that better than all being Craig clones in agreement? Part of the fun here is to disagree.

If a thread begins down a healing path and you do not agree just have the compassion to leave it. OR if you have a real stand "make it" then move on. These are the boards. They can be nasty. They can be healing.

I hope you stay. I look forward to being able to disagree.

EXCELLENT Point. That is probably the most profound, poignant thing I recall you posting, Dot... nicely put.