GreaseSpot Cafe

For Music Lovers

polar bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the technical info, RainbowsGirl - I quoted your post in my Testing thread - where I keep stuff like this for easy access.

Socks, you so funny!!!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Thank YOU, T-Bone and RG!! I've been trying to figure out how to do this. :biglaugh:

Edited by Belle

My students introduced me to "Thirty Seconds to Mars." They thought I would care for the music - but I like most of it..here's an acoustic song - though not typical of their music...

I'm still working on the instructions. Several tries now and My Tube ends up - well, I can't exactly....It just won't

-

I dunno. I'm not reading them right.

For the time being, the Best of the 80's -

I know he feels.

(There - I was able to insert my Link okay. Not sure what the problem was, it's never happened before, really.)

(Really)

Socks - you paste the "Embed" url in the same window that you write in when you post. THEN scroll down and under "Post Options' choose "Raw Linebreak Mode."

No whimpy music allowed ........ :evildenk::biglaugh:

Yeah, I guess that joke's played out. Now satori's posting videos the size of Chevy's on the Guitar thread.

I'll see if I can find some uh...heavy music. Like the uh, Dire Straits video.

Edited by socks

Sounds like we're goin' country. Here's one that'll make you "cry in your beer". Good ol' Emmy Lou Harris. (Maybe we should have a country week).

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBrvTRFNqf4"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBrvTRFNqf4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBrvTRFNqf4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Hey PB- That made me tear in my coffee..

If you don't have this guy in you collection you have to get him- Dan Fogelburg. Buy his double cd with "The Reach" and "Leader of the Band". Also buy the cd with "Longer Than" here is that song. (these helped me through many hard times while I was in Nazi camp, uh I mean residence.

Thanks to all you who have contributed here. I have enjoyed hearing all the diversity of artists here. Many have touched my heart.

I mentioned in my last posts about buying cds. Actually a good way to go about obtaining these tunes for your cd players is to download Itunes or a similar music site off of the net. Then you can hear 30 second clips of all the artists tunes and pick the ones you like for 99 cents a song. You are still supporting the artist but are cutting down on shipping and handling costs.

You can also pick the tunes you like from several of their different cds and make your own "best of" collection. I like making "music collages" from seveal different artists on one cd.

Have fun.

I hope you guys have good speakers for this one because the quality is EXCELLENT! The video is a little dark but just listen to that voice!! Does anyone remember feeling this way back when they were young and lonely? It almost brings a tear to my eye and yet... I bet few here even know who this very talented singer is!! Any guesses?

sudo

I have a CD that I listen to over and over again at work called Celtic Woman and I was going to bring some of their YouTubes here but most are off sync with words to mouth movement and that reminded me of watching oriental movies and I opted not to bring one. But they have voices that blow you away.

Act2,

Re:"Beautiful voice and video, and you are right. I have no idea who she is. She could be Allison Krause's sister as they favor, imo. Thanks for posting that."

I'm thrilled that *someone* other than myself really liked a piece that *I* also liked. I get paranoid sometimes about this. The lady is mainly known for her theater work on Broadway but if you listen to her.. she sounds a LOT like Julie Andrews, IMO. Only even stronger. A really remarkable lady. If no one knows, I'll give it out. But gawd what a voice, huh?

And here's something from Likeaneagle.. She's been having difficulties posting songs so she sent it to me to post. To listen, click HERE! I'll let her tell you guys about it!!

sudo

P.S. And here's my mystery lady again..

Yeah, I guess that joke's played out. Now satori's posting videos the size of Chevy's on the Guitar thread.

I'll see if I can find some uh...heavy music. Like the uh, Dire Straits video.

Socks - I'm not sure what the "joke" is.....

Have fun!

Sudo-Is that Shirley Jones-she surely is goooooooood.

And CK-I love the Celic Women group. Have you seen their TV spcial, it's great.

No I haven't but those YouTubes are from their concert and even though the timing was off I have listened to them. The CD I have has those songs on it as well. Their voices just blow me away.

And y'all really have brought a diverse group of songs here, very cool.