GreaseSpot Cafe

For Music Lovers

polar bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here's a question for you real music folk (as opposed to me - the music lover with musical friends in high places.) What is the time signature of this song? I've been told 6/8 and 5/8 - then again the time signature also seems to change...Pink Floyd - "Money"

Edited by doojable

Well RG sometimes you just have to kick off your shoes and let it all hang out! I love the blues. Here's a great blues player from Canada who you may not have heard much of. But he's a lot of fun and kicks some great blues out. For blues lovers it would be worth it to buy a few of his cds.Here he is-Colin James

Edited by polar bear

How about a great popular song that sings about sweet Jesus?? How many of you younger folks even remember railway stations? Sheesh.. this probably belongs on the Nostalgia thread but.... its a great song that was a big time hit on the radio (can you believe it) ...37 years ago!!!!! Every time I hear it I think about my baby brother. Click HERE!

sudo

Anyone out there heard of THE SUB DUDES from the New Orleans and Colorado areas........

wow,

I would put these guys up there on an acoustic 10....they are excellent, if anyone gets a chance to listen to them, MIRACLE MULE is one of my personal favorite CD's of theirs.

Thanks,

Dawn

Edited by prayingfordaylight

Soooo much music...so little time...sighMr. Music Man,Thanks for the posts...I found this... this is something I had albums of and listened to tons of a while back. This David Greenberg played for a string emsemble called Tafelmusik which plays on period instruments and does Baroque music. David then branched out and incorporated Classical with Celtic. His first album was called From Bach to Cape Breton. Interesting approach... breeching the two types of music.

Edited by A la prochaine