GreaseSpot Cafe

LEAD 1986

Eyesopen

Even if you were good at climbing they treated you like $h1T. Climbing is my profession, I own a climbing gym and a guide service. I started climbing 39 years ago. When I went BLEAD they told me everything I didn't know and were I didn't believe God becasue I relied on my own ability to climb and not on God (huh?) I guess God was supposed to levitate me to Higher Ground.

I really understand why the accidents at BLEAD happened. It was run by Rock Nazis who were told they knew more than they did.

Skip Wood had my respect becasue of how hard he worked as a guide. It's too bad he was released (Something about shooting a dog) Therer were not near the problems when he was heading up the program

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I remember correctly, the LEAD program quietly went away in the late 80s or early 90s. It was one of those things you didn't ask about. Old wineskin. :nono5:

I think it was '88 or '89, the fubar in '86 cost the ministry a lot of money. My guess is that it continued to cost them money in rehab and other things so they figured it just wasn't worth it anymore.

Wouldn't you know the decision would be based on financial concerns instead of human concerns?

How pathetic. :realmad:

Eyes - I just knew it! Your writing skills ARE real! Best wishes on your books. May God bless your efforts. :eusa_clap:

Bless you Listener you are a true sweetie! :love3: Thank you for everything. If we ever meet the first beer is on me...well not ON me....unless it is really warm and there is a wet t-shirt contest I could compete in.... :biglaugh:

Invite the wife along, there's plenty of beer to go around. :beer: We can always play darts or watch football. :D

I knew a girl from the 17th corps who was upset she didn't get to do LEAD. She said she had a mini lead experience by rapelling off the auditorium at HQ. I bet THAT was an experience. :rolleyes: It's kind of stupid that someone might feel their program was inferior because they didn't get to do things that others did.

I knew a girl from the 17th corps who was upset she didn't get to do LEAD. She said she had a mini lead experience by rapelling off the auditorium at HQ. I bet THAT was an experience. :rolleyes: It's kind of stupid that someone might feel their program was inferior because they didn't get to do things that others did.

Actually I think that this is indicative of the propagnda that TWI put out concerning some of their programs. LEAD was touted as being a very cool thing to do. I never heard anything negative about it before I myself went. And as I have already stated when we got back no body spoke to us about it. Truly if it was brought up our experiences were belittled or we were told that we were overreacting or out of fellowship, or worse. So we all just stopped talking about it with anyone. If someone were to ask me at say the Rock if I had gone LEAD the correct answer was "Yes, it was great!" Any negative response or remark within a response needed to be "qualified". Something like, "Yes, it was really cold and some folks got frost bite. But they were healed by the leaders (pick your fav MOG). So everything turned out great!" I just didn't talk about it. Until now.

If I remember correctly, the LEAD program quietly went away in the late 80s or early 90s. It was one of those things you didn't ask about. Old wineskin. :nono5:

I wonder when they started LEAD back up.. Cause I know in the late 90s and at least up until a couple years ago they were doing LEAD.. Only out of Colorado and no more hitchiking.. Kind of glad too.. Would have hated to hitchhike. In fact, I probably would have just quit if I had too. Heard way too many tales of woes for those who did..

Greetings to you in the name of Jesus Christ my lord.

I have recently taken the Way International's new foundational class entitled, "The way of abundance and power". If it was available our father in the word, Dr Victor Paul Wierwille would have turned over in his grave.

I was born again of God's spirit October,10th 1979,spoke in tougues 3 months later, took Power for Abundant living in 1983, and was in the way corps, but failed to graduate :dance: .Then left the Way, but failed to reinstate my felloship with God.

Recently, as I was watching a minister on tv, it was clear that God was calling me back home,then in Febuary I contacted the Way thinking that it was home to Gods people, I was wrong.

My web search turned up the greasespot, and I thought I'd add a bit.

For those of us operating the 9 manifetsations of the spirit it is clear as a bell how headquarters has turned from the living God to idols and opened the door for devil spirits to enter in and take control.

During the class which I graduated I almost got up and walked out when Da$id Cha$isty began to teach at the 8th session, but I decided to give the people there the benefit of the doubt and sit through the 8th-12th sessions by basically ignoring the teaching and reading my Bible.

I prayed to God to contine to protect me from the doctrines of devils and open my eyes to see the picture being presented, and He did.

During my 3 years in the way corps, I was out of fellowship with God, and none of my leaders had the ability to get me back there!

Reverend M$rt$dale got busted screwing other women a number of years ago, and the media got wind of the last one when he was still president and threatened to expose the Way as a fake. The Way then "payed off" the people suing them for defamation of character, in order to keep the sin of Cr$$g quiet. This is bribery in the basic biblical sense and opens the door for the host of heaven to enter in to rack and ruin Gods precious people.

My fellowship coordinater had definate spiritual problems and I dont want to continue with these spiritual whores.

Also, ironically, Dr. Wierwilles book, "Power for Abundant Living " is no longer available at the WAY and they left out 4 crucified in the class; amongst many other things. They cut the time from the 68 class of 36 hours down to 24 hours using scripture of course for the change, the good old brevity of time reason, lol. And the reason or as I put it "the excuse to slap God and his son Jesus Christ in the face", is that they have "new research"!!!! You tell me, what is wrong with Dr. Wierwilles class of 1967-68?

The God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ honors believing, and I believe.

Make no mistake about it! I am what I am, I have what I have and I will be what I will be NOT by what I have done or will do, but by what Jesus did for me by his torture and death, by the ultimate price that he payed. He loved life and really didnt want to go through what he did.

But God raised him from the dead!

We have been given not only this awesome time of the ages to live in, the age of grace, but the New testament in printed form before us, and because of Dr. wierwille, the understanding of the powerfull word of God.

Yup I went LEAD too, wasnt as bad as yours, I just starved during my duo because I ate the designated food during the hiking previous to the "duo"

Continue to read the book. :wave:

Edited by Preacher

She said she had a mini lead experience by rapelling off the auditorium at HQ.

ha ha ha ha ah ah ah ah ah ah ah aha ha ha haha ha aaaaahhhhhhhhhhha ha ha ha ha ha ah aha ha ha

---

vegan, we hitchhiked to LEAD

ken barden (7th corps) died doing so

and we still continued to hitchhike to LEAD

ha ha ha ha ah ah ah ah ah ah ah aha ha ha haha ha aaaaahhhhhhhhhhha ha ha ha ha ha ah aha ha ha

---

vegan, we hitchhiked to LEAD

ken barden (7th corps) died doing so

and we still continued to hitchhike to LEAD

thanks dmiller, but i drink tea!

Greetings to you in the name of Jesus Christ my lord.

I have recently taken the Way International's new foundational class entitled, "The way of abundance and power". If it was available our father in the word, Dr Victor Paul Wierwille would have turned over in his grave.

I was born again of God's spirit October,10th 1979,spoke in tougues 3 months later, took Power for Abundant living in 1983, and was in the way corps, but failed to graduate :dance: .Then left the Way, but failed to reinstate my felloship with God.

Recently, as I was watching a minister on tv, it was clear that God was calling me back home,then in Febuary I contacted the Way thinking that it was home to Gods people, I was wrong.

My web search turned up the greasespot, and I thought I'd add a bit.

If you stick around, maybe review some of the past threads, and ask some questions

politely (some people are willing to ask questions, but only in nasty, accusatory tones,

then get surprised when people don't fall all over themselves trying to help),

you can learn a lot.

There's a sticky with a welcome and advice for new arrivals. I recommend it.]

For those of us operating the 9 manifetsations of the spirit it is clear as a bell how headquarters has turned from the living God to idols and opened the door for devil spirits to enter in and take control.

During the class which I graduated I almost got up and walked out when Da$id Cha$isty began to teach at the 8th session, but I decided to give the people there the benefit of the doubt and sit through the 8th-12th sessions by basically ignoring the teaching and reading my Bible.

I prayed to God to contine to protect me from the doctrines of devils and open my eyes to see the picture being presented, and He did.

During my 3 years in the way corps, I was out of fellowship with God, and none of my leaders had the ability to get me back there!

Reverend M$rt$dale got busted screwing other women a number of years ago, and the media got wind of the last one when he was still president and threatened to expose the Way as a fake. The Way then "payed off" the people suing them for defamation of character, in order to keep the sin of Cr$$g quiet. This is bribery in the basic biblical sense and opens the door for the host of heaven to enter in to rack and ruin Gods precious people.

My fellowship coordinater had definate spiritual problems and I dont want to continue with these spiritual whores.

There were a LOT more problems than you were aware of, but you have a basis for seeing

there WERE problems, so it might not be the total shock it is for a lot of people.

(It was a total shock for ME, for one...)

Also, ironically, Dr. Wierwilles book, "Power for Abundant Living " is no longer available at the WAY and they left out 4 crucified in the class; amongst many other things. They cut the time from the 68 class of 36 hours down to 24 hours using scripture of course for the change, the good old brevity of time reason, lol. And the reason or as I put it "the excuse to slap God and his son Jesus Christ in the face", is that they have "new research"!!!! You tell me, what is wrong with Dr. Wierwilles class of 1967-68?

If you REALLY want an answer to that last question,

kindly make a NEW thread and make that the subject.

Giving it the answer it warrants would derail this thread-

and it's serving its OWN purpose.

The God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ honors believing, and I believe.

Make no mistake about it! I am what I am, I have what I have and I will be what I will be NOT by what I have done or will do, but by what Jesus did for me by his torture and death, by the ultimate price that he payed. He loved life and really didnt want to go through what he did.

But God raised him from the dead!

We have been given not only this awesome time of the ages to live in, the age of grace, but the New testament in printed form before us, and because of Dr. wierwille, the understanding of the powerfull word of God.

There's a lot of information about how you got the information in that class,

all available in this forum and across this board.

I recommend looking some of it over.

There's a LOT of surprises.

Yup I went LEAD too, wasnt as bad as yours, I just starved during my duo because I ate the designated food during the hiking previous to the "duo"

Someone asked when they re-instated LEAD.

They did so not long after 1990, which is when the 18th went on the field, and we did not go LEAD at all. However, Tinnie was sold and they said they could do just as good a job at Gunnison. I believe the Horneys were the first in-rez LEAD coordinators at that location.

It was around the same time that they banished hitch-hiking. Again, our group was still hitching through fall 1990 so I'm not sure exactly when it was, I just remember some spiritual rant on a corps hookup about it being a new day and time, and not safe anymore (was it ever????) and being to the point of tempting God to put people on the road like that now, etc.

Honestly, I had made up my mind to go and do my best if they told us we were going. That pretty well describes my mindset through all of corps training. I steeled my mind to hitchhike and did so several times (and have the stories, good and bad, to tell.) But mostly, everything got backed down during our years... re-evaluating as per Geer's instructions. (Let's just read and re-read the Blue Book.) Interim year is when the "stand with me or leave" letter came out. And our last year is when we all actually had hope that recovery was on the way... silly us.

Greetings to you Preacher! Welcome to the spot. Word Wolf has some wonderfully helpful advice for you that will help answer a great many of your questions and perhaps a few that you did not know you had.

If you need assistance don't be afraid to ask, but as WW says please be polite.

love ya bro :wave:

Honestly, I had made up my mind to go and do my best if they told us we were going. That pretty well describes my mindset through all of corps training.

I can relate. It was kind of like going to a dance because you are expected to and pretending to actually like dancing! <_< (This white girl aint got no rythm!) :biglaugh:

Edited by Eyesopen

T&O,

How do people get to LEAD? Do the Corps drive their own cars? Does TWI provide transportation?

TWI provides the transportation now.. Course all in-rez train at Gunnison last I knew and those in their last year, in the spring, they take the elder corps up the mountains for the 10 days of hiking/climbing/ and duo..

Probably not as big as the earlier LEAD sessions.. I actually was a little bored with mine, only cause my body always has energy to expend, and I'd be up late hacking on some wood to try and make some stools and furniture for our group, until everyone got upset at the noise I'd make while they were trying to rest! lol... The climbs didn't take much either for me, yet I still had a terrible time. The coordinators kept hounding me about what I learned. You climbed that so fast, so what did you learn on your way? Being a novice to climbing, I learned how to use this move or that move.. But we're here to learn spiritual things, so I was out of fellowhsip! Was I suppose to stop and ask God for revelation on the way up?! Give me a break.

I still hate that, always being asked, what did you learn?! I mean, you and I took the same classes and in the same teachings, and nothing new had been taught for years! And unless they wanted to hear how I thought their doctrines were BS, I just repeated what everyone else said.. Duh.. I learned how to believe bigger.. Duh.. I'm an idiot.. I had no clue how to believe until I &*%^#...

Anyways.. Yeah.. So much for my friggin LEAD time.. It was a boring time filled with nagging coordinators.. Course I did get to climb some rocks which I had never done before..