General intelligence rating  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Intelligence Rating

• Einstein. Intellectual "giant"
    • Above average, showed original thinking
    • Average
    • Missing something somewhere...
    • Smart as a brick

I remember when some of the old leadership couldn't bring themselves to tow the line in loy's brave new world.

In one of the letters in the main site here, loy said something like "I'll just have to send out the young guys, mistakes may be made, but it's for your own good.."

The guy that came to my state, I would rate him somewhere between choice four and five.

New corps "grad". And he was a goon..

The MOST intelligent thing I heard him say, was that he knew better than mixing his bread and vegetables, with a dull gleam in his eye, speaking fondly of his bread and vegetables..

He also stated that "water gives you energy".

how so?

"well, water has hydrogen and oxygen. You take the hydrogen, and the oxyen, spark it together, poof. You have energy. And water."

I felt like saying, well, if you get energy from water, why don't you put it in your cars gas tank?

Naw.. he probably would have done it..

:biglaugh:

Where did loy get these guys? This one, I think he found him under a rock. I think he's a region coordinator now.

He was the "best" headquarters had to offer, AT THE TIME.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the guy who said "now, we KNOW something is wrong with you, you need to just come clean, and tell us.."

Something wrong, hmmm.

Suddenly, in a brief flash of thought, bread, vegetables, cars trying to run on water.. the answer finally came.

"well, water has hydrogen and oxygen. You take the hydrogen, and the oxyen, spark it together, poof. You have energy. And water."

See what Satori posted in the Wicca thread. Even a rock is energy. Again, twi is the authority on everything. :rolleyes:

Having a little trouble with you poll Mr. Ham, 'cause the devil I hear is pretty smart. Perhaps a "wise as a dove, gentle as serpant" option would work. :wink2::biglaugh:

Unfortunately the last intelligent coordinator that I had outside of my TC while in res at Emporia, was from a long line of not so brite people. My LC in Arkansas was a wonderful, smart and compassionate man. After that everything went down hill. My "last" LC here in Nevada hmmm....let me tell you a short story.

My mother and I were going to go over and welcome the new LC to the area, it was kind of my responsibility as I was the AC. (Don't ask how that happened) Anyway the freshly graduated Corps grad and his wife were staying with our resident Rambo fan, Mr. Huckleberry. Well mom and I rang the doorbell while artfully juggling several different dishes of food. Mrs. Huckleberry answered the door. She was immediately embarrassed. The kids were screaming, which in itself was not out of the ordinary, except in this situation they were screaming because daddy wouldn't let them play, because adults were playing. The distinct sound of a real handgun being dry fired was coming from the living room. When I entered I found Mr. Huckleberry and Mr. Dimwit playing "kill the commie" using real weapons (thankfully empty of rounds). They were ducking and dodging, running and jumping all over the place as if they were really in a jungle somewhere halfway around the world fighting for their lives. They did not want to stop the "game" to meet us...so we left. They asked about a week later why I hadn't come by as was required to meet Mr. Dimwit. I just shook my head.

He was ordained a few years later. I don't know what became of him after that. Perhaps Kit Sober would know.

Edited by Eyesopen

He was ordained a few years later. I don't know what became of him after that.
hmm. I wonder if the it was the same character that came here.. he was out of da corps a couple of years, and I think the next year they ordained him.

eyes, did he have any fondness or propensity for the seperation of bread and vegetables?

When I entered I found Mr. Huckleberry and Mr. Dimwit playing "kill the commie" using real weapons (thankfully empty of rounds).

I dunno.. unless by dumb luck, they probably didn't have enough sense to hit something "vital"..

I know it's bad..

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

probably would have saved you guys a lot of grief..

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

To be honest, the last leader that I had in twi (directly above me in the chain of command) was 8th corps and ordained...he was a nice guy and I usually got along with him. His heart was to do the right thing and he really tried to serve God and love people...

I ended up disagreeing with him on numerous points and left twi...he stayed for awhile and eventually left twi himself...he died a few years after that...he was young and had a family...I felt badly when I heard about it.

He wasn't one of the goons...and I'm sorry that he is gone from this world...

I know this isn't my usual "slash em and trash em" posts...but he REALLY was a good person...misguided at times but he was never guilty of the nasty things that "top leadership" was guilty of...

May God rest his soul.

Intelligence Rating

Einstein. Intellectual "giant"

Above average, showed original thinking

Average

Missing something somewhere...

Smart as a brick

Without naming names -- I can say I knew 3 or 4 in the *Above average* category.

Most were average, and some resembled the brick. ;)

I did have one that qualified as an *Einstein*.

And it wasn't intelligence, but rather the love he gave.

That spoke more than intelligence ever did,

but he was intelligent because of that.

:)

(edited for spelling ---- grrrr!)

Edited by dmiller

Thanks Groucho.. I remember some pretty intelligent folks in the seventies and eighties, but they have been long drummed out of "God's service".

Seems as the years went on, the IQ dropped proportionally.

loy got what he wanted..

blind, dumb and obedient "leadership".

I honestly think they HAVE to tow the line, nobody else in the supposed devil's senses world wouldn't have them, even if they offered their services for free.

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

In NYC, all those worth appointing as leaders took off by the '89 split if not sooner.

Those that remained were relatively few in number,

and were mediocre at best.

"Mediocre at best" is how I categorize twi after '89.

A number of the remaining wits took off before ROA '90,

and I have to wonder if they remained before then as some part of a

long-term exit strategy,

i.e., "get everyone's contact info before leaving" or something.

"Mediocre at best" is how I categorize twi after '89.

A number of the remaining wits took off before ROA '90,

and I have to wonder if they remained before then as some part of a

long-term exit strategy,

i.e., "get everyone's contact info before leaving" or something.

WW,

I left in '86 after, as you put it, a well planned exit strategy.

I think there were many others who were planning their exit as well...at least at HQ.

The "watch your back" atmosphere became oppressive. No one knew who to trust.

It was like the place had become one big suspense movie...but in real life.

Even leaving the grounds was a relief!

Same for this guy. His wife seemed pretty smart, he on the other hand, had the capacity of a cocker spaniel.

Wife: "c'mon boy, c'mon boy, loy wants us to confront somebody.."

My impression was that she was the real brains in the outfit.

It appeared to be a match made in corps "heaven".

This is about the third or fourth time I've heard something like this.. the guy is dull as a brick, he runs a limb or region, and the wife is VERY cunning, and intelligent. And a "looker".

Maybe there was a pattern that developed in the 90's.

well, it makes sense. loy needed somebody dense enough to carry out his will, and somebody smart enough to keep him from shooting himself or someone else while playing with a loaded gun..

Sorry. I don't have too much bad to say about J0e Gu@r!ni (is that cryptic enough to avoid editing???). I also don't have too much bad to say about my local branch coordinator (at the time I left in '89). (Having said that, the branch coordinator before him was about a horse's a$$, but that wasn't what you asked).

I s'pose I could come up with bad things to say about both of them...but, hey, after 18 years, what does it really matter?

I didn't know JG personally, but I did know R*lph D. He was one of the "einsteins" I think.

After him, things went downhill, at least here. When he was drummed out after the pop flap, we didn't hear anything about him, ever. Until waydale..

Those sent from headquarters progressively were less intelligent, less caring, more abusive and demanding.

I think a requirement to run a limb or region anymore, definitely isn't intelligence. They probably meter out the right amount of glue for the guy to huff..

Some guy that's convinced that water can somehow be turned into fuel, well.. what can you say.

I know. Fill the tank with water, and "believe" for it to be turned into gas..

I think if loy told the guy to do it, he'd have the garden hose down the little flap before you knew what was happening..

I know, I know, I'm being bad today..

J*m D*r* was a total arse ... didn't have enough sense when he arrived to even have tread on his van tires ... with wife and three kids and wife pregnant with the fourth ... he sure got fat that first year when the Corps was on salary (he said himself) from "studying the Word" and eating his wife's home-baked cookies. She had been a delight earlier when she was in the 11th Corps, according to a friend of mine who was then good friends with her. ..... but she married this jerk who did not have the sense God gave a chipmunk ... or the personality God gave a weasel.

Corps leadership at Gunnison? TJ THOUGHT he was an Einstein, but he was more of a Benedict Arnold ... was overcome by his sense of superiority and importance ... but he too was one of those whose wife really led the marriage .. he was not the head of his family in much of any sense of the word and he seemed to have a Napoleon complex because of it. Took it out on the Corps and others around him ...

Gee, am I being too vague?

Edited by DogLover

vague, I don't know.. but did you vote your choice on the poll?

But I think you are starting to confirm my suspicions about these guys.. looks like a pretty typical pattern in recent years. The "leader", dumb enough to submit himself to "implicit obedience", the woman, smart enough to keep him from killing himself. Or to try.

My last TC in 99, was an awesome teacher, once a staff artist..her teachings flowed with such uplifting energy...but her LCMissm killed any connection or love one could have for her..she greeted you at the door and always expected a hug from you...it was like she was checking your spiritual temperature the moment you were 5 ft of the door...literally, people would walk away with a rock in their stomach..she was cold and cunning..I swear I have never never encountered a leader like her in my 18 yrs...it stoled more love from people than she will ever know..I found myself never wanting to look at her as she taught...her eyes were piercing...during songs, I watched only her 3 count swing..it was terrible...

she came into the area and announced she was removing any influences that the past BC had left on us...she said, we were way to close as a family(20people)...she didnt like it......

she was scarry...

Did you say ROCK?

Edited by likeaneagle

One "leader chris gramlic%" wife would say to me"Oh he does not really mean that go ahead do what you need

to do" Then I would get my as@ chewed i wiszed up but never ratted her out just did not take her advse anymore

Leadership for the last several years pretty much sucked.The last good one was Tim warg@ nice guy ,He listened.

Best anyone can doi is get the hell out and make your own dammned decesions yourself.

In Syracuse NY, (early 80s) Steve Zolezzi had some leadership ability, but the rest of those clowns...brick is a bit too kind.

In Albuquerque NM, (Mid 80s) those people had some serious issues. I'd paint them as just plain mean, once I saw their true colors,I had little to do with them.

Wanderer

At any university, the students have the priviledge of filling out an anonomous evaluation of the instructor. I wonder if we should send these in.. oh, maybe "mr." linder could do it for us.

Actually, they may find these useful. They could read them, determine who is most likely to grow up to be a brick, and promote them..