GreaseSpot Cafe

What's happening today in TWI

gladtobeout

From my last bit of time in way daze it was a bit nicer. But only because they couldn't afford to lose any more people.

The biggest problem is the boredom. No one can teach anything new. It's the same teaching over and over. They wouldn't see any spirit of God moving if it hit them on the head. All teachings coming out of HQ are scripted even SNS teachings.

Dear Dave...

OMG... I just watched a clip from their SPRING BLOSSOMS concert... the choir was singing in the most hideous brown skirts (for women) and unmatching blouses...and the men in white shirts with those country bow ties... I want to vomit.. they look like corpses up there singing.. OMG... OMG.. OMG...

SOOOOOO GLAD, actually DELIRIOUSLY HAPPY i'm no longer there.... the music is enough to send you into a psych ward!

didn't see your question there... but if the piano player is the same i saw playing with the choir it's Geoff Meyer... from the 11th corps...

i don't have the heart to go back and see if he's the same guy on both songs.

i get the worse knot in my stomach just listening to their sterile, polished sound...

:blink:

Edited by A la prochaine

Dog Lover,

Thanks.. I knew the spelling was off... and wasn't quite sure if it was 11 or 13... i knew it was an odd number.

And yes.. sooooooo sad to see he's still there... with such ability on those keys he could have done soooooooo much more!!! (IMHO)

sigh....

Mr. MusicMan... thanks for the emergency procedure.... I appreciate it!

I know someone who is still in... they keep telling me its a MUCH friendlier and more relaxed atmosphere. What kind of endorsement is that? "It's a lot better than it used to be." That's the best you can give me?

Okay, so now you are allowed to schedule your own time, own your own house, and plan your own vacation. As far as I can tell, they never admitted restricting all those things was bad in the first place, so what has really changed?

For people who will stay no matter what happens, I guess the changes are a good thing. But I'm not buying it. It's all surface and no substance. I mean, you can cover horse turds with chocolate but it doesn't make them good to eat.

I know someone who is still in... they keep telling me its a MUCH friendlier and more relaxed atmosphere. What kind of endorsement is that? "It's a lot better than it used to be." That's the best you can give me?

Okay, so now you are allowed to schedule your own time, own your own house, and plan your own vacation. As far as I can tell, they never admitted restricting all those things was bad in the first place, so what has really changed?

For people who will stay no matter what happens, I guess the changes are a good thing. But I'm not buying it. It's all surface and no substance. I mean, you can cover horse turds with chocolate but it doesn't make them good to eat.

[/quote

Ditto Highway--My former told me that The Way has changed, they no longer think they are the only ministry that teaches the TRUTH....they are into reading the bible :doh: I told him I would never go back..this was 2 months ago...

I think these are probably now "priviledges", rendered to the elect few, who are "spiritual enough" to handle it..

I'd bet they still have to sign out for potty time though.

You won't get kicked out for getting a house mortgage but it is still frowned upon. You will be told the spiritual ramifications of having debt and be unable to attend the specials. However, if your fellowship or area has an AC grad night you may attend. They apparently don't have a problem with holding these in a mortgaged home.... :biglaugh:

It is hard to believe that there could be more than a few hundred people left.

Actually, it's shocking that there is anyone left at all.

Well, they progressively ran off all the people who WANT to think for

themselves every few years, intentionally or no.

Those they have left are the "diehards" the ones that won't escape even with a

ropeladder lowered from a flying chariot being driven by Jesus Christ himself.

They're either convinced they're gaining benefits worth the hassle,

which won't vanish in the wind,

or they're afraid the world outside twi is worse than the world INSIDE twi.

Yes, it's approaching all the freedoms the rest of the Christian world enjoys.

But supposedly, it's still better than all the rest.

Here, have some Kool-Aid.

Does anyone know about how many people are left?

There have been threads from time to time asking that very question. When the Allen lawsuit hit, a lot of us were just leaving and could give fairly accurate reckonings of attendance (from recent limb meetings, region meetings, and advances). At that point we figured something like 5000 adults and then their kids.

Now that so many of us have been out for years, it gets harder to estimate. Some of the most analytical thinkers on the forums estimate maybe its down to about 3000. In my own area, it is definately dwindling. They have maybe picked up two new people and have lost about six, which would make 3000 a pretty reasonable guess.

There have been threads from time to time asking that very question. When the Allen lawsuit hit, a lot of us were just leaving and could give fairly accurate reckonings of attendance (from recent limb meetings, region meetings, and advances). At that point we figured something like 5000 adults and then their kids.

Now that so many of us have been out for years, it gets harder to estimate. Some of the most analytical thinkers on the forums estimate maybe its down to about 3000. In my own area, it is definately dwindling. They have maybe picked up two new people and have lost about six, which would make 3000 a pretty reasonable guess.

How do the innies feel about the fact that are so few left? Aren't they questioning or wondering,"why are we still here."

I just wonder what goes through their minds?

Probably think that just makes them all so "special".

We're the few, the strong, the Marines..

whoops, wrong commercial..

The few, the duped, and those brow beaten to stay because if they leave they'll be sacrificed by the rest of their family..

Honestly, some of them ARE the strongest I know of.. I don't know how well I'd fare, sitting and listening to the same drivel the thousandth time. Maybe that's what hell is, listening to some joker rehashing loy's material hours on end.