GreaseSpot Cafe

In-depth Spiritual Perception

ChasUFarley

We just finished watching Criss Angel's show, Mindfreak, on Bravo - anyone here seen it?

He's an illusionist, very Goth, and has a rock-star/street cred persona thing going on...

Anyhow, tonight's show was about how some of the great tricks of magicians, charlatans and psychic surgeons were performed.

Now...

Anyone here remember VPW's PFAL Adv. Class and the film clips of psychic surgery being performed?

Angel showed how it was done and some of the basic props - very simple. He performed a dramatization of the surgery - and DANG, if it didn't look JUST LIKE what was shown in that Advanced Class...

It would have been as sharp as discerning a pea under a walnut shell - a BFD thing, spiritually. It was nothing - slight of hand and some fake blood and some chicken livers - whoop-dee-doo... but according to VPW & Co. there were 5 star general devil spirits there, you know!

Spiritual sharpness of a tennis ball...

Anyone experience something like that - something that was thought to be something BIG that was really... nothing?

(Didn't LCM try to heal someone he thought was having a heartattack on stage... but it was a leg cramp or something??)

Edited by ChasUFarley

Anyone here remember VPW's PFAL Adv. Class and the film clips of psychic surgery being performed?

Angel showed how it was done and some of the basic props - very simple. He performed a dramatization of the surgery - and DANG, if it didn't look JUST LIKE what was shown in that Advanced Class...

It would have been as sharp as discerning a pea under a walnut shell - a BFD thing, spiritually. It was nothing - slight of hand and some fake blood and some chicken livers - whoop-dee-doo... but according to VPW & Co. there were 5 star general devil spirits there, you know!

Spiritual sharpness of a tennis ball...

I thought the same thing when I saw Man in the Moon - there's a scene in there that shows the slight of hand stuff.

Maybe the 5 star generals that were causing him to use people so badly were keeping him from seeing the slight of hand?

Ted Ferrell was on stage at the ROA, and he was moving around while singing when he got a cramp in his leg. Craig came out and in a big display of supposed holiness, he started to pray for Ted's heart while all of us in the audience listened ... then, over the sound of Craig's mike came the words, "It's not mah heart, Craig, it's mah leg!" I can't speak for everyone else, but my friend and I HOWLED...and of course, we were thankful it wasn't Ted's heart ... but walking by the senses on the part of the MOGFODAT.

In 82, they showed a video about a guy who supposedly hypnotized people and enabled them to walk barefoot on broken glass unharmed. It was such an.. informercial. A sixth grader could see it was staged.. but the guy up front was blathering on about spurts and such.. I thought at the time, "what an idiot.."

then I just "renewed the mind.."

Seems to me that the more people talk about debbil spurts zooming around and doing stuff,

the more the people are full of balloons.

I've yet to see anyone COMPETENT in the field who talked a LOT on the subject.

(Not that I think the subject ITSELF is error- just most of the so-called authorities and

self-appointed experts on it.)

Not by coincidence, twi was LOADED with self-appointed experts on the subject,

starting with the woefully-clueless vpw and all the way through most of the inner cadre,

and many of the higher-ups everywhere.

I remember hearing the shpiel on psychic surgery being taught at AC but I don't recall the film clips.

Maybe I slept through that part. (Shhh!--- mum's the word!)

I guess these spirits were supposed to be real high ranking and that's why they could do intricate proceedures.

Along the same lines was the teaching that the only way to become a musical virtuoso was to sell out to the debul.

The really intricate passages were supposedly played by the spirit in control.

On page 19 of the AC silly-bus, there is a sketch depicting the various lobes of the brain and it shows which sections govern speech, hearing, etc.

Yep. Include a sketch from an anatomy 101 book and there you have it, indisputable proof that debuls wrote all the symphonies and controlled the people who played them. :rolleyes:

WordWolf -

Excellent points - as always!

My favorite was when people would discern a movie...

Geez, take all the fun outta it, why don't 'cha?

It was a pain in the butt to watch a movie with some people because they just wouldn't let anything go - they had to run a constant commentary on the whole thing and just ruined it...

The height of it for me was when my LC's wife got on a rant about how devilish Barney was... GIMME A BREAK!

• 2 weeks later...

This comes up as a result of reading the "tattoos on women" thread in Open...

I had the wake up call that there was something not right about a "deep spiritual truth" taught in PFAL about the whole "graven on the palms" section (not that it's not a cool example of God's love) when I walked into a tattoo parlor with a friend of mine in the early nineties and the tattoo artist had a tattoo on the palms of her hands... It was done in white ink and was very beautiful. She did say it hurt like hell.

But, she did have it done... and VPW said it was impossible.

Weird.

Well, JJ - remember that they didn't have fancy electric needles back when the OT was written... Maybe it would have been impossible then.

Also remember that VPW taught what KC Pillai had taught him so he most likely botched it up.

My freshman year of college some friends of mine were taking ju-jit-su (sp?) lessons. I asked my dad if I could join them. He said "you need to watch out for devil spirits and it is probably not a good idea". What? "Devil spirits".

My mom called back a week or two later and said, "Oh, you mean a type of wrestling?"

Two comments:

I always thought the cliche "in depth spiritual perception" was a bit redundant. I mean ... if it's spiritual, then isn't it by sheer logic also in depth? How about "shallow spiritual perception"? Like ... how could it be spiritual if it was shallow? Oh well.

Also, in reading this thread, I had to remember a road trip I took with a long-time Corps lady. You know - one of those females who forged right up the TWI ladder, secretly in search of a man, but never finding one who could match her "in depth spiritual perception"? Anyhow, we were driving through the mountains of Utah, on our way to Vegas, and she was confronting me constantly about my driving skills in such a dangerous place. I asked her what she meant by "dangerous", since I live in a mountainous region myself, and considered this kind of area much safer than the big cities. She answered by telling me to just look around at the rugged terrain and the wilderness, and use my discernment abilities, because surely I would realize that the devil was responsible for such a CHAOTIC design to this part of the earth. Gee, and I thought it was ... beautiful. Of course Las Vegas was holy ground, because believers lived there. Yikes!

Whatever.

The name tags that everyone always had to wear at every function bigger than twig bothered me, especially when there were one color of name tags for PFAL grads, and another for new people. I always wondered if we were so spiritually attuned, why we relied on name tags to tell us who to speak with, rather than asking God.

In a Corps teaching, my coordinator humiliated me in front of the rest of the in residence Corps by saying I was pretending to read my Bible, while really I was sleeping. The thing was, I really was reading my Bible. Yeah, lots of in-depth spiritual perception going on.

Hey, wasnt it an In-Depth Spiritual Perception and Awareness..as to acquire..

Oh boy,Im more aware..

I think it was the phrase the gave a too many folks carte blanche to gossip, interfere, and basically fu * k with anyone's life that said persons didn't like.

My freshman year of college some friends of mine were taking ju-jit-su (sp?) lessons. I asked my dad if I could join them. He said "you need to watch out for devil spirits and it is probably not a good idea". What? "Devil spirits".

My mom called back a week or two later and said, "Oh, you mean a type of wrestling?"

As always,

vpw or lcm didn't understand something = debbil spurts.

One could argue about questionable meditational techniques used with certain soft styles,

but Jiu-Jitsu, among others, is a hard-style, and used for self-defense.

I'm almost surprised he didn't connect it to Jews just because the first word is pronounced

"Jiew".

Hey, wasnt it an In-Depth Spiritual Perception and Awareness..as to acquire..

Oh boy,Im more aware..

Corps Principle 1 was "Acquire an in-depth spiritual perception and awareness."

Funny how there was disagreement on this one.

vpw himself said that it originally read

"Acquire an in-depth spiritua perception and awareness OF THE WORD."

He claimed he didn't like the current phrasing because he didn't think this applied

to other things.

Naturally, lcm applied it to EVERYTHING, except maybe The Word....

Two comments:

I always thought the cliche "in depth spiritual perception" was a bit redundant. I mean ... if it's spiritual, then isn't it by sheer logic also in depth? How about "shallow spiritual perception"? Like ... how could it be spiritual if it was shallow? Oh well.

Also, in reading this thread, I had to remember a road trip I took with a long-time Corps lady. You know - one of those females who forged right up the TWI ladder, secretly in search of a man, but never finding one who could match her "in depth spiritual perception"? Anyhow, we were driving through the mountains of Utah, on our way to Vegas, and she was confronting me constantly about my driving skills in such a dangerous place. I asked her what she meant by "dangerous", since I live in a mountainous region myself, and considered this kind of area much safer than the big cities. She answered by telling me to just look around at the rugged terrain and the wilderness, and use my discernment abilities, because surely I would realize that the devil was responsible for such a CHAOTIC design to this part of the earth. Gee, and I thought it was ... beautiful. Of course Las Vegas was holy ground, because believers lived there. Yikes!

Whatever.

"Everything is so out of order here- God would have never created such an irregular and desolate

landscape."

I had saved that on the Greasespot Gems thread. :)

The Amazing Randi did an expose of the supposed "Psychic Surgery" when it was in vogue in the late 70's early 80's.

I watched it while I was still lost in BelieverVille, and, after seeing Randi work his magic with an fake thumb cover and a little chicken blood, well, it gave me some pause.

But then it was explained that sure there were counterfeits of the devil's power too, but "Doctor" had seen the "REAL THING!"

O.K., fine.

I'm still waiting for ANYONE to demonstrate the ability to violate the known laws of physics. It get's a lot of airplay amongst the devoted, but shore is hard to track down...

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=58998

Edited by George Aar