GreaseSpot Cafe

Alter Egos

templelady

In a fit of curiousity I typed my first and last names into Google and found out that I have at least three "Alter Egos"

According to Google "I" am a

Councilwoman for the City of Swindon England

Featured in an ad for heat pumps by Dakota Electric Association

and last but not least

run a free Open Crochet class every Tuesday night at a place called Gruber's Quilt Shop

and this whole time I thought I was a deskperson in Anchorage AK!!!!

So what about the rest of you????

Edited by templelady

Well, first I found myself listed as a member of a trade organization I belong to.

No surprise there.

Next, I found someone with the same last name (which I had always thought was unique) and a different first name, who had designed a very well known public service campaign character.( It was his obit that I stumbled on.)

Related? Don't know.

Then I found some with the same last name who are/were involved in scientific research that completely escapes my understanding.

Alter egos? No.

Interesting? Yes.

Well apparently I am smarter than I thought...

Dr. Teresa @@@@@ holds a Ph.D. in Sociology with an emphasis in family demography. She earned her doctorate from Bowling Green State University in 1998. ...

And if that is not enough my alter ego was busy being a key speaker at the World Transplant Congress annual conference:

Can We Still Grow? Have We Met Our Potential in Organ Donation

Teresa @@@@@, RN, MSN, CPTC is executive vice president and chief operating officer of LifeGift Organ Donation Center in Houston, Tex. She is national cochair of the Organ Donation Breakthrough Collaborative

Apparenty the nurse is more popular and does more community outreach than the Dr.

No relation to either tho.

:nono5: Now, don't you go telling all my secrets, George. :biglaugh:

I only used my first name, so that could have something to do with it.

If I use my first and last name - my married name only comes up with the results of dog shows I've entered with Vixen.

Using my maiden name:

I'm a lawyer with the Pacific Legal Foundation

A doctor and medical director of the Center of Excellence for Children in State Custody and for the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic

Chef/owner, Sweet Auburn Bread Co. and I've been featured on the Food Network. Bill Clinton has raved about my sweet potato cheesecake

And, I'm a Scientologist with my own website promoting Scientology..... :huh:

Nothing shows up for me under google.

However, there are 2 other people with my name in this area. One is a travel agent, the other a headhunter. We get drycleaning and prescriptions mixed up all the time. One year I was threatened by the dry cleaner that all "my" beautiful Christmas sweaters would be donated to Goodwill if I did not pay for them and pick them up. I took a look at them and knew someone would be heartbroken to have forgotten them, and have them given away. So I paid the bill and kept them in the closet. Sure enough, one November the dry cleaners called to see if I had the other person's sweaters. They said they had no idea how the mix up could have happened (so I reminded them). So she got her sweaters, and I got reimbursed for the bill. Have never met either one of them. However one is a known shoplifter I have since found out. I thought it strange how I would get these funny looks when I would check out at stores, and they wanted to search any bags I may have brought in with me. I never objected. Now the places I frequent know me and treat me warmly, not with suspicion.

Suda

Well after looking myself up and realizing it brought me to this site in another thread.

I really did not like the idea of things printed here being so available to the whole world.

I will reconsider a lot when posting,

The cyberspace trail everywhere led to me on google. No alter egos here.

My, either I am popular, which I am not, or major info is being pulled from everywhere.

Still not liking it.

But on the other hand, if it so good in finding me, how come I can not find others????

Just babbling now!

The only google hit that is actually me is a reference to Raf's "Actual Errors in PFAL" thread.

There's a fair number of Tom Joyce's out there, it's not an uncommon name; the best well-known is a sculptor in the Northwest. I was once mistaken for him at a gathering here in Lincoln.

I found a few people with my name--three writers,

One who writes poems, another who writes childrens stories and another who writes Catholic inspirational books.

There is another guy who is a Scottish Soccer star ( with his own bobble head action figure!)

A comic book character from the 1930's-40's who was in the League of Justice.

Some politician from Canada..and also a public administrator in Australia (whatever that means...)

Im gonna get one of those bobbleheads. You just know youve arrived(well...somewhere)when a bobblehead has your name :biglaugh:

I was surprised to even find a little tiny blurb about me on Wikipedia

Edited by mstar1

This is too bizarre.........................I typed in my maiden name, (I'm divorced haven't changed my married name yet) so I typed in "Nancy Plummer" and about the fourth website down it reads "Treasure Hunt Party Illustrated by Nancy Plummer" and I have a little business that I just started up, which is putting on treasure hunts................that is just too weird!!!!!!!

Cowgirl

I thought that I should point out that if any of you are trying to keep a low profile from twi (or anyone else for that matter) some of you are leaving enough information that it would be easy enough to figure out your real name.

Just a word to the wise.

Rick

What? You mean leaving out the spaces and the period aren't enough? :o ;)

Actually, I find out lot more about me using "georgestgeorge" than "george st. george." The latter gives all sorts of geographical listings involving St. George, UT; St. George, MO; etc.

Googlism doesn't know me.

George

Most of the links to my real name probably are of me. However, some @$$hole lawyer got his name at the top of Google above mine, probably by paying Google or something. I need to find a way to get back to the top spot, but at least that guy doesn't have the firstnamelastname.com domain of my real name, and I do.

There used to be a guy that would hang by his nipples from chains with hooks on them, and his face actually bore a resemblance to mine, but it was definitely not me.

Another bad thing is that Google has a built in spell-check thing, and since both my first and last name can be spelled multiple ways, it returns all sorts of invalid results for alternate spellings, thus diminishing my Google superiority.

Are you putting your real name in google or your greasespot name??????

Are you putting your real name in google or your greasespot name??????
When I first started using the "oakspear" handle, I had a hotmail account that I registered as "John Oakspear". I once got an offer to receive geneologiical information on the Oakspear family!