GreaseSpot Cafe

What is your non-spiritual, non-relgious stress reliever?

Tony Soprano

ZShot:

My favorite exercise is playing racquetball. Sometimes I will take the ball and either draw a face or write a name on the ball before I start hitting it.

Hey I did that during my degree studies! One of my lecturers was truly hopeless, couldn't answer any kind of question. I took up squash and beat out my frustrations with her on the squashball. Fortunately that semester didn't last long enough for me to become an excellent squash player.

Two things that are quit differant.

Reading I devour at least one book a week. They cover the book shelves, are stacked in corners, piled under tables.

Number two is fun but can be expensive. There is alsolutly nothing that is as fun as shooting. Out in the boonies shooting rocks and trees. or get the fun guns out and dumping a few clips at freon drums, milk jugs, and other large inanimate objects. Old cars are really, really fun.

Reading books and writing short stories. Actually though, I get jazzed when I write. Also, I play my git-tar too, which really is a stress reliever. Playing my harmonicas with The Band ( not THE Band-but my friends) is fun but it is almost athletic, definitely aerobic. And so, as far as the question goes concerning stress relief, now that I have mentioned my hobbies and filtered through them, I guess it would have to be reading and playing my git-tar. Oh, and maybe for Groucho's sake I should also mention "girl-watching". :wink2:

Ms. Cindy....

Ahhh...food...YES! that is a good one!

You remind me of my mom & grandma. They never went by the recipes either. Especially my grandma. She would season by hand, no measuring, nothing. And it would always be perfect. She continued to cook every Thanksgiving and Christmas meal up until she passed away at 89.

That's my plan too, TS.....cook til I can't no more!!!!

There's even a cooking show by a chef who advocates NOT using a recipe.....It's called Chef at Home...I watch it whenever I can...have a lot on dvr that I haven't watched yet. Love Take Home Chef. too....he is one CUTE aussie!!! But Barefoot Contessa will always be my very favoritest!!!!

Music and dancing help me relieve stress!

"Adult moments" and "Senior moments" what a great way to phrase it guys; "Bear" and Dave...it is clear and leaves so much to the imagination...dreams and mind pictures for all the changing years!

Many thanks White Dove...........you're a warm soul!!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :realmad: ................I just went out into my back yard........and they friggin MOWED it all down, my little oasis or haven is gone, I'm ....ed and so disappointed, I could see the guy on the mower in the distance so I walked across to where he was in my barefeet and pyjamas (he must of thought I was looney tunes) and asked him why they cut it...reason, it was getting too long and could become a fire hazard...dang!!! It was such a great place to just get away from everything even if it was just for a few minutes. I have some woods right next to me, I'll have to go find something in there

What a great topic! I also love to knit and when I am really stressed out I knit a lot faster. I make all sorts of stuff and my house is full of things I have created, which gives me a great sense of pride and accomplishment. I find that giving things I knitted for the holidays, is much better than anything i could buy in a store and much better received. its nice to see my family wearing my knitted items.

p.s. Act2, have you seen the new square needles. pretty cool!

Welcome, ophelia!!!

No, I have not seen the square needles.

I go to a knitting circle every Tuesday. We knit, talk, drink coffee, and then eat lunch together. My birthday is Friday so I bet that they will 'surprise' with me a card and one of my good friends (I met there) will probably do something special for me tomorrow. Even if they don't, it is still fun and relaxing to sit around and talk and enjoy each other's company with NO ulterior motive!!!!!!!

We also have a new yarn store in town, so I will check them out.

Yes, I love to give my scarfs, dishcloths, booties, baby blankets, etc away. People love them!!

I am knitting socks for the first time ever. They are a challenge to me, but I am almost done with the first one.