GreaseSpot Cafe

Good vs. Evil

Nottawayfer

Is that anything like a Creamcicle?

OOPS! I may have just crossed the line.

You know, the one that seperates good from evil?

In a top-secret NASA mission, Disney's cryogenic seed was shot into outer space,

where it descended into a "Black Hole", emerging on the other side in that phantom zone of "the Great Deep" -

where all frozen spermcicles are farmed by a host of gigantic archangels for producing baby "Derbil Spurts".

Or something to that effect.

:biglaugh:

In a top-secret NASA mission, Disney's cryogenic seed was shot into outer space,

where it descended into a "Black Hole", emerging on the other side in that phantom zone of "the Great Deep" -

where all frozen spermcicles are farmed by a host of gigantic archangels for producing baby "Derbil Spurts".

Or something to that effect.

don't bogart whateverthatis you're smoking...

I remember during my AC (Emporia '84) LCM kept showing scenes from the movie 'Stayin' Alive'. This heavily influenced his portrayal of the seed of the serpent in AOS.

It did more than "heavily influence" his portrayal.

Watch that part of the movie sometine- "Satan's Alley", the musical show in the movie.

You'll see the entire thing was ripped off as AOS.

The costumes, evil spirits, SCAFFOLDING, the shirt-off-for-the-final-combat,

there's little that didn't find a home in AOS.

If AOS had been the same length, it probably would have looked "separated at birth."

I distinctly remember LCM on the ROA stage saying he had the original revelation for Athletes of the Spirit. He learned well from the inventor of the hook shot.

I distinctly remember LCM on the ROA stage saying he had the original revelation for Athletes of the Spirit. He learned well from the inventor of the hook shot.

Yes; LCM thought Stayin' Alive was a ripoff of his ideas for AOS!

Besides that, though, the whole mentality of "kickin' devil spirits' butts" (in AOS and in things like this video) influenced many leaders in TWI. The result being that they focused on THEIR ability to "win the competition" and missed the whole point of relying on the Lord. If you remember, Jesus Christ was barely (if at all) mentioned in AOS. It was all about the Minister.

Yeah the blob represented the devil while God was a rainbow. But no Jesus.

Yea - I bet the excuse would have been - "Well, Jesus is the head of the Church so he's IN the minister." - or some chit like that..

By the 90's it was no longer good vs evil....it was actually between good and best. The adversary would give you several "good" choices so we couldn't see the best choice. Talking about pressure!!

I remember those kind of choices:

1. Get involved in a GOOD career, requires cutting into "twig time" a couple times a week..

2. College education. Same thing..

3. Spend the majority of your spare time during adolescence and adulthood going to meetings, running classes, door to door and mall witnessing. Do your best to run devils out of people and communities, whether they are really there or not.

Like Mrs. Presky, "I'll take the bag".

"hey, this is a bag of ****!!"

"but it's really GREAT ****, Mrs. Presky.."