GreaseSpot Cafe

Greasespot Cafe

excathedra

i know, i know, if i don't like it here, i should just go

but this has been my home for years, and i still want it to be

i hope i can say this right

GSC has become, or is becoming, something....

predictable, boring, tiresome, a place where new thoughts ~ or stimulating thoughts ~ are not welcome

most of my favorite posters are gone

they've been shut down for one reason or another

i don't know if it reeks of religion or cliques or the same old whiners or fighters

but i don't like it

so ban me for saying how i feel

and if you ask me what i would do differently, i don't know the answer

i don't mean they've been "shut down" but they left

ExC, Greasespot hasn't changed, you have, I have, many of us "old timers" who've been around this place forever has.

The same topics do come up over and over. That's not bad for newcomers who weren't here the first 10 - 20 times they were discussed.

There is a lot of gossiping, PMing, backstabing. That's not new either. I remember what kinda crapola went on when I first arrived here and it still goes on today. Different people, same ..... Human nature, cult nature, waybrain nature. . . maybe all of it.

Greasespot serves a very good and useful purpose. Perhaps we just no longer "need it" so much. Yet, it is hard to leave too, because we have formed some very wonderful friendships, no?

For me, I pop in and read at least for a few minutes most days. But I find I just have less and less to say. I feel less and less like arguing or getting crap for my pov. I don't need to defend, justify, or explain my opinion to anyone anymore.

And, I am moving more and more out into the real world. That's what I need to do.

So, do what YOU need to do, be it stay, go, or have one foot in and one foot out of the door. But really, this place isn't changing - you are just becoming a better and better you. Who knew perfection could be improved upon! :)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost half a year to hospitalization

Funny thing is first, life went on without me and second, I don't get extra time to catch up. Got to live the life that is now while trying to gather up the bits I missed out on. Sorry there isn't as much time for posting--did a lot of it when in the hospital because you guys were my steady link to out here.

But then again I don't know that there are that many here who feel I'm really necessary to the place-- that's not poor me-- just the way I've been feeling

Like someone said-there is a lot going on behind the scenes in most of our lives--lately mine seems to be trying to enter free fall mode and I'm trying to stop it

I lost half a year to hospitalization

Funny thing is first, life went on without me and second, I don't get extra time to catch up. Got to live the life that is now while trying to gather up the bits I missed out on. Sorry there isn't as much time for posting--did a lot of it when in the hospital because you guys were my steady link to out here.

But then again I don't know that there are that many here who feel I'm really necessary to the place-- that's not poor me-- just the way I've been feeling

Like someone said-there is a lot going on behind the scenes in most of our lives--lately mine seems to be trying to enter free fall mode and I'm trying to stop it

Mo

I can only speak for myself.

I sure missed your posts when you weren't around.

:wave:

Mo, I am so glad to read you again...I've missed you and was just wondering about you last week.

During my holiday break from work I've thought of all you guys at the cafe, but I needed a break. I chose to spend my time nesting with my immediate family and doing some serious vegging out in front of the tv or a book (Clapton).

There's many folks who used to post that don't anymore whom I miss. There's a couple who are gone/banned whom I don't miss at all. Differences of opinion are wonderful... meanness and manipulation are not. I'm not sure I know who/what you're talking about excie, but I love reading your posts and can't imagine this place without you.

Greasespot serves a very good and useful purpose. Perhaps we just no longer "need it" so much. Yet, it is hard to leave too, because we have formed some very wonderful friendships, no?

For me, I pop in and read at least for a few minutes most days. But I find I just have less and less to say. I feel less and less like arguing or getting crap for my pov. I don't need to defend, justify, or explain my opinion to anyone anymore.

That's exactly how I feel... I stop by most days but find fewer topics move me to comment (phooey on those of you applauding).

Hey, George. We've pmed each other, and gosh, I got the lovliest Christmas Card with a newsy note about life with your precious ones. Thanks for that.

The thing is, for me anyway, I know this isn't meant to be a social site and all that, but it's very unique because so many of know each other currently, and keep up, or else knew each other in a past life.

I stayed in The Way Int. as long as I did because I love the fantastic people I met, and yes even those I haven't yet met. So sometimes, it's easier to talk with those we know in another life, outside of the forums. Hence, the pms.

Being involved in the ahem, cult, was a unique experience for each of us in some ways, yet we also share common experiences. Seems to me the things we talk about in the forums are more the general stuff we all went through, and the pm side of things is way more personal. I pm people about stuff that just probably wouldn't interest anybody who doesn't know me or my family. And then there's the thing about putting one's life out there for public consumption, that is just plain wierd.

Maybe it's a boundary thing? :unsure:

I have been enjoying this thread, lots of great ideas.

We ARE here to tell the other side of the story. But there is no reason why we can't enjoy ourselves while doing it. This is a community and social outlet. about 40% of the posting on this site is in About the Way, keeping it the major "attraction" here.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the social aspect. I have tried to make this an enjoyable place in addition to telling the other side of the story. Many people come to this site to find answers that have eluded them in their search for resolution and recovery. Some stay and enjoy the other aspects of this site and others decide that they have what they need and move on. Both valid and acceptable paths. For those that leave, I wish them well in their lives and the same for those that stay.

I will probably have more to say later, great thread.

I send pm's from time to time, but most of them have NOTHING to do with the GSC or twi or whatever.

I just don't feel like sharing all my personal stuff with the entire internet.

Some of us, BTW, are still playing the game-threads, which are social. They're certainly not about twi....

I'm still here! :)

But for a number of you, I know that's not a blessing. I have posted far less frequently in the last year though. I too have seen the "clique" thing, and never liked it much. I have enjoyed that site of John Richeson's where there is no sniping and fighting. Shoot, even Rocky and I get along over there, which is very refreshing to be sure! Rocky is a moderator there ya know. Anyways:

Happy New Year!

I have to say that I have also joined JR's site. I am sorry he limited it to corps, but I guess he felt that he could only handle "so much" traffic and maintenance, and I understand his position. These web-boards require massive amounts of oversight. ((doffs hat to Paw and the Mods))

But that site is completely different from this one. That one isn't about presenting information. It is purely a non-opinionated social networking thing. So it attracts a different crowd. And I like that... I've gotten in touch with half a dozen folks I was glad to hear from who wouldn't dream of showing up over here either because they still have fond memories of their twi experience, or they just don't want to jump into the fray. That's their choice and I won't fault them for it (and I'm a big girl so I can simply avoid the people that I think are just great heaps of dung, lol).

While that site is fun, if I had to choose between the two, I would pick this one... let's face it, I'm one of the dinosaurs who has been here since the beginning and probably will never completely leave. This place is too important!! And while I may not post as much publically, I do PM folks if I feel I have something valid to say directly to them. It's just that so much of what I have to say is already in the archives, I don't usually repeat it unless it is a newbie asking.